Nigel Richards' Avro 621 comes to P3Dv4 !! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nigel Richards' Avro 621 comes to P3Dv4 !!

Nigel- I remain obliged...

Best- C

The world ALWAYS looks better framed between two gossamer wings....

Ta- C

Danish AVRO over Denmark in Winter.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Sedona in Pink Sunlight

This morning with my cuppa...

Hope springs eternal, and perhaps one day soon the Tutor will grace us in this lovely sim.... Ulrich are you reading this mein herr?

Ta- C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    This morning with my cuppa...

Hope springs eternal, and perhaps one day soon the Tutor will grace us in this lovely sim.... Ulrich are you reading this mein herr?

Ta- C
    LOL,
    Yup, have just read this, Carl.
    I wasn't much home during the weekend,
    but the Tutor is in the making and the work is nearly done
    ( i think ).

If Nigel allow, i will provide my temporary FSX natives models, until his versions are done.

Cheers
    Ulrich

btw top notch shots, Carl

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    LOL,
    Yup, have just read this, Carl.
    I wasn't much home during the weekend,
    but the Tutor is in the making and the work is nearly done
    ( i think ).

If Nigel allow, i will provide my temporary FSX natives models, until his versions are done.

Cheers
    Ulrich

btw top notch shots, Carl
    Ulrich, I would be most honoured and grateful on behalf of P3D users for your conversions, Sir :-)
    Just seeing these AWESOME screenshots is a welcome treat, indeed!

Thank YOU, Ulrich.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Wow! I never imagined that would elicit this sort of immediate response- Gross Danke Ulrich!

Sir Nigel has done Sir A. Vernon-Roe proud this year, methinks.

Best- C

Wanted to add my thanks.
    She flies like a dream with looks to match.

Wonderful work.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Detail

One of the delights of flying the Native Tutor is the working undercarriage.
    I generally takeoff using a spot view in behind the tail & have noticed that if you feed the throttle in steadily, there is a slight downward dip of the left wing tip as torque kicks in, then it comes back up again. It is subtle, but it is there.
    Also, landing on uneven ground - I can see the undercarriage compressing as it takes the load & releasing as the load comes off.
    All in all, just a couple of many fine details that have gone into this excellent rendition.
    T43

Going Back to Goheen (W52)

As another option for landing, I have used my faithful EZ Dock to map 2 taxying views...

Peering out the left side-

...and the right-

This is GREAT fun peeking out to the left and right, when trying to find a grass strip such as the one at Goheen.... I was here last in my beloved Annuschka. If you peer through the struts now, you can just see the lads shoving off for some fishing. Maybe if I get her tied down and then I can hop in and charm a couple of Bream on to the hook...

This aeroplane has definitely gotten my attention, and once Ulrich is done fiddling with the Tutor, that will make the short list as well. I'm having so much fun side slipping this thing in, that I'm thinking about hooking up the TrackIR again. The last time I used it and enjoyed it was at Biggin in the RealAir Spit... This freeware is fantastic- be sure to explore the added controllability at low speed with the slats (called slots) open!

Best- C

What a gift to the community - thank you so much!

Most impressive to me is the outstanding sound! I put on my earphones and turn the power to the upper level. My lenses drop out but that was it worth
    Best regards, Manfred.

Blog Entries
    As another option for landing, I have used my faithful EZ Dock to map 2 taxying views...

Peering out the left side-

...and the right-

This is GREAT fun peeking out to the left and right, when trying to find a grass strip such as the one at Goheen.... I was here last in my beloved Annuschka. If you peer through the struts now, you can just see the lads shoving off for some fishing. Maybe if I get her tied down and then I can hop in and charm a couple of Bream on to the hook...

This aeroplane has definitely gotten my attention, and once Ulrich is done fiddling with the Tutor, that will make the short list as well. I'm having so much fun side slipping this thing in, that I'm thinking about hooking up the TrackIR again. The last time I used it and enjoyed it was at Biggin in the RealAir Spit... This freeware is fantastic- be sure to explore the added controllability at low speed with the slats (called slots) open!

Best- C
    AWESOME screenshots most appreciated, cavaricooper :-)
    Pleased you like the automatic slots, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    What a gift to the community - thank you so much!

Most impressive to me is the outstanding sound! I put on my earphones and turn the power to the upper level. My lenses drop out but that was it worth
    manschy: very kind of you to say so, Sir - have FUN! :-)

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    One of the delights of flying the Native Tutor is the working undercarriage.
    I generally takeoff using a spot view in behind the tail & have noticed that if you feed the throttle in steadily, there is a slight downward dip of the left wing tip as torque kicks in, then it comes back up again. It is subtle, but it is there.
    Also, landing on uneven ground - I can see the undercarriage compressing as it takes the load & releasing as the load comes off.
    All in all, just a couple of many fine details that have gone into this excellent rendition.
    T43

Nice to see folks enjoying the finer points of these models :-)
    Thanks Twice 43

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

G-abis

A few shots of G-ABIS taken in Idaho. (A well traveled aircraft)

I was trying to catch the u/c in action during an out-landing.
    In shot 4 it has landed fairly heavily on the right wheel & the tire & right side u/c are compressed, then in shot 5 the u/c has pushed the aircraft back up.
    T43

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    A few shots of G-ABIS taken in Idaho. (A well traveled aircraft)

I was trying to catch the u/c in action during an out-landing.
    In shot 4 it has landed fairly heavily on the right wheel & the tire & right side u/c are compressed, then in shot 5 the u/c has pushed the aircraft back up.
    T43

"Bumps a daisy!"

Now that's what I call having FUN, Twice43 :-)

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    AWESOME screenshots most appreciated, cavaricooper :-)
    Pleased you like the automatic slots, too.
    Hey Nigel, technically the moving surface is a slat, the space between wing and the moving surface that is created by the slat deploying is the slot. (I do get paid to know this stuff in my day job )

Ttfn

Pete

Pete-

Yes, but in this Avro they are referred to as "Slots"- not usual, however, I ASSUMED Sir Nigel chose to model what the real aircraft had as a placard... terminology has evolved over the last 80 odd years... currently, I agree they would be called Slats.....

Best- C

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Hey Nigel, technically the moving surface is a slat, the space between wing and the moving surface that is created by the slat deploying is the slot. (I do get paid to know this stuff in my day job )

Ttfn

Pete

Pete-

Yes, but in this Avro they are referred to as "Slots"- not usual, however, I ASSUMED Sir Nigel chose to model what the real aircraft had as a placard... terminology has evolved over the last 80 odd years... currently, I agree they would be called Slats.....

Best- C
    Yes, technically speaking Pete is spot on with the terminology.

In the case of the AVRO, David Watmuff, Collections Manager for the Air Force Museum Of New Zealand, at short notice very graciously provided us with some much needed interior reference photos of the museum's AVRO 626 Prefect :-)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0568.jpg  

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Is anyone doing any additional repaints for this truly exceptional piece of work?
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Do you see what I see??

Latest flight in Prepar3d v4.4.... look CLOSELY at the cowl ring and tell me if you are as amazed as I am?

This model NEVER disappoints, and ALWAYS amazes!

WOW!

C

+1 !!! Totally agree!
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    Is anyone doing any additional repaints for this truly exceptional piece of work?
    waiting for a paintkit, and trying to find time...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

The highest compliment I can offer Sir Nigel et al, is that spending time in his team's creation, allows me to forget the present day and remember the years I flung my eager craft through the footless halls of air.

These 3 aircraft (and I confess my heart belongs to the Tutor) are simply superb- period.

C

This is Lockheed Martin's latest, version 4.5... and guess what gem works perfectly? I am continuously amazed by this bit of freeware. Many, many payware developers could take notes.

Ta Nigel et al- C

Members who have read this thread: 1