TA-4J Skyhawk Work-In-Progress - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TA-4J Skyhawk Work-In-Progress

Blog Entries
    Is there room for one more late FSXer?

As the Flying Stations Sea Fury was the final straw to oush me from FS9 to FSX, so too, will this model pull me over to P3D.

Possibly this very weekend .... That will give me a few weeks (months?) to figure out the new platform.

Outstanding work, Dino, right up my alley, and after Dean's RF-8, will be the USN package I most look forward to. I love that you've done both VT- and VC- paints.

I hope to catch up with you guys more when I make the switch ...

dl

Outstanding work Dino. Then again, your work always is. Thanks for the previews.

Trial repaints for export versions...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image1.jpg   Image4.jpg   Israeli.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Is there room for one more late FSXer?

As the Flying Stations Sea Fury was the final straw to oush me from FS9 to FSX, so too, will this model pull me over to P3D.

Possibly this very weekend .... That will give me a few weeks (months?) to figure out the new platform.

Outstanding work, Dino, right up my alley, and after Dean's RF-8, will be the USN package I most look forward to. I love that you've done both VT- and VC- paints.

I hope to catch up with you guys more when I make the switch ...

dl
    Welcome to the dark side.....

Dave

It's difficult for these old eyes to see the markings on the middle one; is that a Kiwi? They look great, but they're going to look better on my PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    It's difficult for these old eyes to see the markings on the middle one; is that a Kiwi? They look great, but they're going to look better on my PC.
    Correct...a Kiwi it is!
    I have been a little lazy on this as New Zealand had much flashier repaints and this was the easiest one to make ;-)

I'm looking forward to the paint kit already Dino!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Welcome to the dark side.....

Dave
    Thanks.

Installed it last night. On my old beater i5 machine with the GTX660. I was pleasantly surprised it even ran, with mid-ish settings. Getting a video card upgrade today.

Good times are a’rolling ... :-)

Dino - these shots look delightful. You’ll get my first P3DV4 add-on purchase, that’s without a doubt.

DL

Carrier ops at dusk...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 63559130_2669132853100159_1546044723112706048_o.jpg   64599346_2669132899766821_9082203978028023808_n.jpg   64721636_2669132783100166_5405598203263320064_o.jpg  

Beautiful!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

All hail PBR!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Blog Entries
    Outstanding Dino.

No other words.

It looks like soon:

From FB:

A color match review revealed a blatant mistake in the light sea-gull grey, which was way off in the color space... I don't understand how it was possible that I had not seen this before. Anyway I had to redo the base livery and all the related repaints. The current list of repaints for the TA-4 is now as follows:
    VT-7
    VT-22
    VT-86
    VA-127 Aggressor
    VC-8 Aggressor
    VX-4
    VF-126 (As recently restored)
    Skyhawk 518 (shown in the picture...still not finished)
    Israeli Air Force
    Royal Australian Navy (late scheme)
    Royal New Zealand Air Force (later scheme)

...I'll probably add a couple before release.
    Do not worry too much if your favourite scheme is not on the list, the package will have a decent paintkit available at launch (or very shortly after it).

Speaking of launch and releases... I have clearly missed the deadline of the end of June for the Beta. But it is not too far off, really. Basically some minor tweak to the radio and navigation system are needed, and the transponder cannot be operated from the cockpit yet. Everything else is in place and functional... not 100% feature complete but functional.
    but my fingers are crossed for one seater also .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    The awesomeness continues. I'm still starry-eyed like a little kid every time I start P3D, and contemplate one day seeing the TA-4J here. I've not flown one since I tried porting over the FS9 Razbam model in the early days of FSX, and could never get it to run properly in that sim, especially with DX10.

This is such good news, I'm tickled with excitement.

My only question / hope - is there a way to reduce the size of the effects for the navigation lights and beacons? I have the same issue with the F-14 and T-45. Again, not wanting to complain or be an ingrate - but hopefully it's a small fix now rather than monkeying around with MCX later after the fact.

Maybe it can't, or it's just your preference, which I respect. Not stopping me from buying, though, that's for sure. Christmas in the fall? How cool would that be?

dl

FSX and I guess P3D default nav and beacon lights are WAY too large/bright. I periodically replace these (unless embedded in the model as is growing practice) with some smaller light effects.

The modeller that has really nailed the aircraft lights is Hiroshi Igami of POSKY/SkySpirit/TDS fame. He makes them pretty much invisible by day, and small pin points at night, which is how my eye sees aircraft lights in real life.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

It looks amazing, Dino, and I'll wager it flies the same!

The only livery missing is VMFAT-102, MCAS Yuma. I'd wager almost every Marine A-4 driver went through that squadron during their introduction, up through advanced training, to the A-4. We had a lot of them on base, at least while I was there. Probably 20, or more.

I do know for a fact, though, that they were 1 less early 1980, late '79. Right around there. I had to go out to the Range to dig it's remains out of a smoking hole in the ground. He got "target fixation" during a strafing run. Got so low he shot himself down! Thank goodness the IP had the presence of mind to eject them both before it was too late. Wound up digging the wing guns out of 20' of sand, with the engine another 10' down. Thankfully, the debris field was relatively small, given his angle of descent.
    We did have a very nice funeral for the several small creatures, lizards, snakes, and so on, that were killed by the burning fuel that fanned out from the impact. Little graves, nice crosses for each one, etc.
    I did get in a bit of trouble, during, though. We had a very green Lieutenant in charge of the recovery, and he didn't keep his eyes open for poisonous reptiles. During the funeral, a rattle snake (sidewinder) decided to try and sneak up between the Lt's legs, so I shot it in the head. Sadly, he hadn't noticed that I was armed. Wearing the pistol under my cammies, I can see why...
    He yelled at me for a good 20 minutes. Very silly, really. We WERE out in the desert, miles from any form of civilisation, so it was perfectly legal to go armed. And I'd really rather listen to him whine, than try to suck poison out of his leg...
    I must mention that I was a rifle/pistol instructor just prior to this, and had qualed expert with the pistol. He was in no danger from me!

Ahhhh, the memories of the "good ol' days".
    Looking forward to the release of this wonderful plane!

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

A quick update... with no pictures.
    The TA-4J has entered the Beta stage... it usually takes one month before the test and fixes are implemented... so I foresee a release date somwhere in September.

One of my 'must have' aircraft and it is looking superb Dino.
    The only caveat I would place on this would be the implementation of Tac-Bloody-Pac, I don't like it and I no longer have it.
    I hangered the Eurofighter as I couldn't actually implement the loadouts I wanted, please try and give us no TacPac users an easier way of hanging things off wings.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

She is a very lovely lady. Flies brilliantly too...

Eric

My Paypal account is already giddy with excitement! Or maybe it's me?

Day 1 buy for me. Love the Scooter and Dino's work is outstanding.
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    Day 1 buy for me. Love the Scooter and Dino's work is outstanding.
    +1, Ive been keeping track of his facebook posts on this, another day 1 purchase from me and im also hoping Dino does the single seat too.

Dino, your work always gets better and better!
    I have to bow before you because you are currently just one of few designers who create A WHOLE MODELL FAMILY. Means, you even design one AND two seater. That's unfortunately rare at a time like this. Thank you for your great work!
    Best regards, Manfred.

I can say that no one should be unhappy with the flying qualities of this aircraft. Dino's TA-4J flies smooth as silk and looks fantastic. It's clear that he is very talented. I've only got about 45 minutes in the aircraft so far and have only evaluated the handling characteristics (and looks). This aircraft fills a huge hole for P3D naval aviation and it does it in a spectacular fashion.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Getting stroppy.

Wind her up.....

….and let her go.....

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 1