This some kind of joke?

Thread: This some kind of joke?

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Yes it is!

But seriously, folks...

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Has to be!

For one thing, the US doesn't have English (or any other language) as an official language. (Though it is the "official" language of international transportation and commerce.)

For another, the US government is presently closed for business due to our president's conviction that the way to make America great "again" is to hunker down behind a big high wall, cowering in fear of the people who harvest our food crops. At present it's all the FAA can do to keep control towers open, much less publish anything not immediately critical to aviation safety.

"He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots..."

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Re: the articles that appear on the left side of the screen, next to the one we're discussing here - No one is getting into an F/A-18, or any other military jet, for any kind of ride before a physical examination and completion of a questionnaire re: their overall health; in addition, they'd have to sign a waiver of liability even if they were in excellent health before even being allowed to touch the aircraft, let alone strap in. Depending on who you're dealing with, you might even have to take a turn in the altitude chamber as well.

This has got to be a hoax.

Blog Entries
    Click bait site. 59 followers.

Part of the new trend. How to earn a couple of bucks by generating clicks. Climb the click ladder and you might earn enough to nibble away at that student loan.

IMHO
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Pretty sure it's just humor. Fairly obvious. Having some fun when this was published on New Year's Eve.

Some of it is ridiculous from a phonetic standpoint:

B = Bdellium (the B is silent)
    C = Czar (the C is silent)
    E = Eye (effectively saying the letter "I")
    H = Hour (H is silent)
    J = Jalapeno (J is pronounced like H)
    T = Tsunami (T is silent)

Some folk have far too much time on their hands to even think this garbage up. To what purpose is my immediate thought?
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Some folk have far too much time on their hands to even think this garbage up. To what purpose is my immediate thought?
    Made ME laugh! It would be the PERFECT phonetic alphabet for these guys! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2qUPXH9BXI

Lighten up, it's just humor.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Click bait site. 59 followers.

Part of the new trend. How to earn a couple of bucks by generating clicks. Climb the click ladder and you might earn enough to nibble away at that student loan.

IMHO
    Hardly that! The site was founded by veteran professional pilots.

As stated on their "About" page:

This site publishes satire. If you don’t have a sense of humor that is unfortunate. We call this discrepancy the “experience gap.”
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Hardly that! The site was founded by veteran professional pilots.

As stated on their "About" page:
    My error...thanks for the HU Bill.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

SOH-CM-2023
    In the UK there are TV adverts that use animations of meercats, one with a mock Russian accent. There is also a programme called Countdown & the resident mathematician is a very pretty girl who has a Russian born companion (who speaks very good English having been brought up in the USA & UK), but he has Russian friends who speak English but who find it difficult to understand her - unless that is - she speaks mimicking the Russian meercat accent. So think of this new phonetic accent when spoken by a non English person.....any Air Trafficers out there have problems over the radio?

I know its a joke but there could be a bit of seriousness in it.....
    Keith

I think the blond might be "dutchpilotgirl" from youtube.

Members who have read this thread: 1