How to install ankors into CFS3 ETO

Thread: How to install ankors into CFS3 ETO

How to install ankors into CFS3 ETO

ok. so I got the ankors installed and working on CFS3 BOB, and I figured I would do the same for CFS3 ETO expansion. Ankors was included in the 1.5 update, so I started with those. they worked fine. so I took the latest version with the fixed .dll file and copied everything over thinking it would work great, right??? Nope. CFS3 would load perfectly fine, until it enters full screen mode and is right about to load the menu, then it gives me the CFS3.exe has stopped working error, the classic one... Any Ideas on why this version of the shaders does not work with the ETO expansion, but the provided ones do? the only reason I am trying to update them is because the originals have some glitching, mainly on the water, which looks like it wants to give you a seizure. it is constantly flashing from massive waves to tiny waves and back and forth. it looks terrible. and the clouds don't have shadows and the lighting looks like it is a overcast gloomy day even with a perfectly clear sky. I wonder if something is not compatible or some code needs edited. not sure why the new shaders crash the sim.

Have you try to use the latest Ankor January 2018? it's in CFS3 download section under effects i believe

Ankors was not in the ETOv1.5 update.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Mongoose, it was included in my download, it was an option called
    Ankor-Gecko Shader and Shine or something.

HornetAircraft, I would try a 'cfs3config' before trying to fly.
    After it says it has been configured, click on 'file' and check that the display options are correct.
    Then check the custom settings. Say OK. Select details for Image Qualities (a/c high, clouds low).

Click 'Window' for Overrides. Here you can disable intro movie. Dual Pass Render must be unchecked and
    High res Z-buffer with Terrain Detail Texture should be checked.

Ankor shaders needs you to 'Disable Shadows'. Click okay and close only using 'File' and 'Exit'.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm II View Post
    Mongoose, it was included in my download, it was an option called
    Ankor-Gecko Shader and Shine or something.

That is the 2014 version and was not part of the orginal ETO v1.5 install but added in the sixstrings local upload here. Since then there have been several versions, the latest was January 2018; as here
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=23304
    It's also worth while looking at the sticky http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...nKor-s-Shaders especially the last few pages

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Didn't know it was offered in the upload. What part of the upload was it part of so i could modify it and delete the option? Shouldn't be part of the ETO upload. Copied files from DVD's and didn't check too deep i suppose. I guess i should had. Sorry for any trouble,Scott

I installed the shaders exactly as I did for the BOB which you all helped with. I did everything the same, and these are the newest shaders available. The 2018 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Didn't know it was offered in the upload. What part of the upload was it part of so i could modify it and delete the option? Shouldn't be part of the ETO upload. Copied files from DVD's and didn't check too deep i suppose. I guess i should had. Sorry for any trouble,Scott
    It is in with CFS3_ETO_Exp_Cumulative_Update_Rev_1.50_Install_Pa ck

@ HornetAircraft, The Jan 2018 version should work fine with ETO 1.5. I have it in 3 different ETO installs with problem. You said you first added the 2014 version? So the next / is, I assume you did not just add Shaders30, d3d8.dll, and d3d8.cfg, but also all the other folders in that package? Now when you used the updated 2018 version what did you put in your install; just Shaders30, d3d8.dll, and d3d8.cfg?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    There is a optional install included in part 4 of the ETO package upload. Made a note in the sticky not to use that one. All files should be used in installing latest AnKor's shaders package.Sorry for any confusion. Regards,Scott

I added every thing from the ankors folder, including the d3d8.dll and d3d8.ini. these two files like to give me trouble a lot

Did you keep the ones I think I sent you?

Members who have read this thread: 0