Black Pearl Repaint for Milton's HMS Bounty - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Black Pearl Repaint for Milton's HMS Bounty

I told you I was being dense...

Either that, or I was looking out my left eye. It doesn't work at all. That would explain it. I'll stick to that!
    I GOTTA remember never to wear the patch over the RIGHT eye! Only on the LEFT from now on!

Have fun, all!
    Arrrrrgh!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi @jmbiii,

Looking at your AI sim.cfg files in posts #30 and #51, does this mean that the one in post #51 will somehow also allow you to see the static/anchored ship versions of Bounty and Black Pearl somehow, somewhere, because of the [fltsim.0] and [fltsim.3] entries found there ?
    So, I assume then, that the static/anchored versions of the ship(s) are the ones which are displayed when the ship has ended it's course and awaiting the correct time to start the next leg back. It kind of makes sense.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. The sim.config entries in post 51 would be used for AICarriers.
    If you used the title from (fltsim.3) you would see the Pearl without the sails. It wouldn't be very
    realistic to use as once you command the formation to go (1. forward) the Pearl would move forward without the sails.
    Likewise if you wanted the Pearl to appear as being anchored you wouldn't use (fltsim.2) title as the sails would be up.

Now for the Pearl in the traffic file, it uses the Pearl with the sails up and when it stops at the end of the route the sails
    remain up. Having the sails up or down whether it was moving or stopped would have to be built into the model. And
    I don't believe the Boat AI programming is able to do anything other than make a boat just follow a set course.

With motor vessels it doesn't matter - they look the same moving or anchored. The real expert on that would be Henrik Nielsen.
    His AI boat packages are tops !

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    . And I don't believe the Boat AI programming is able to do anything other than make a boat just follow a set course.
    Very Correct !

What people seem to forget (or don't realise) is, that the Bounty visual model was never designed as an AI-boat.
    It was designed as a user-pilotable ship, where all animations (like sails configuration, masts angles, anchor position, and alike) are controlled by gauges defined in it's panel.cfg.
    Which aren't loaded/active when the ship is spawned as an AI-object.

I'm not a visual modeller myself (I just made the animation control gauges), and I'm sure Milton will correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I know of modelling it would be quite possible to make a new, single, dedicated visual model of the Bounty that would look better when applied as an AI-ship.
    "Better" meaning:
    - When the ship is moving as AI, the anchor is visually raised. And visually lowered when not moving.
    - All sails are deployed when actually underway as AI, and stowed when not moving as AI yet ("parked"/"sleeping").
    - Or even more better: sail deployment and masts angles are dependent on actual windspeed and winddirection when in motion as AI.

Simply said: it would "just" be shifting/revising a lot of the (though simplified) animation control code from the control gauges into the visual model code itself.

But again, it would mean creating a dedicated visual model of the Bounty, as AI-boat model.
    Just saying that IMO it's doable, but I can't speak for Milton if he wants to invests time in that.
    Milton ….. another challenge …..LoL ?? (I'm willing to help, if needed)

Cheers, Rob

More Bounty and Black Pearl AI Traffic Files - Plus

Thanks for the info, Rob. I sort of figured that it may be possible. After all some of Henrik's ships have rotating radars and AI aircraft have many moving parts.
    Now whether the AI Boat Traffic Engine can make use of speed or time based animations would be another story.
    (no, Milton, I'm not asking for a new AI Bounty )

And for anyone who's interested or asked, here's a zip with two traffic routes in the Bahamas for the HMS Bounty and the Black Pearl.

Bounty

Black Pearl

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Plus one additional: HMS Victory - Lord Nelson's 104 gun flagship.

Just unzip the traffic files and place in your traffic folder.
    You already have the HMS Bounty and Black Pearl.
    You may or may not already have the HMS Victory. If not, should you want it - https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=188773

Attached Files Attached Files

Hi jmbiii,
    well done!
    Could you please give us starting points and starting times (UTC) again for these 3 sailing routes?

Greetings
    Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

HMS Bounty
    Departs - Freeport Monday 1410 Local/1910 UTC
    Arrives - Bimini Tuesday 0949 Local/1449 UTC
    Departs - Bimini Thursday 0725 Local/1225 UTC
    Arrives - Freeport Friday 0305 Local/0805 UTC

Black Pearl
    Departs - Cockburn Town Monday 1410 Local/1910 UTC
    Arrives - Clarence Town Tuesday 0807 Local/1307 UTC
    Departs - Clarence Town Thursday 0725 Local/1225 UTC
    Arrives - Cockburn Town Friday0122 Local/0622 UTC

HMS Victory
    Departs - San Salvadore Monday 1410 Local/1910 UTC
    Arrives - Nassau Tuesday 1040 Local/1540 UTC
    Departs - Nassau Thursday 0725 Local/1225 UTC
    Arrives - San Salvadore Friday 0356 Local/0856 UTC

Thank you for publishing the schedule!

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Just did some checks, I saw all ships at given times/places.
    The only thing I wonder is: I see the "AI_HMS Victory" but a wake isn't visible.
    The required wake = fx_wake_ss is available. It doesn't change if I use the Bounty wakes (Bounty and Black Pearl do show wakes)
    Any ideas anybody?

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter

"More Bounty and Black Pearl AI Traffic Files - Plus"

Oh Goody!...more pirate hunting!

Thank you,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by kdl View Post
    Just did some checks, I saw all ships at given times/places.
    The only thing I wonder is: I see the "AI_HMS Victory" but a wake isn't visible.
    The required wake = fx_wake_ss is available. It doesn't change if I use the Bounty wakes (Bounty and Black Pearl do show wakes)
    Any ideas anybody?

Dieter
    Dieter,

Try this: In sim.cfg change: wake = fx_wake_ss to wake = fx_wake_m, and SternPosition = -10

Note: I am using P3Dv3.4 w/ Win10

Yes, there she is in all her beauty.
    Tanks for your advice. Now running well in P3Dv4.4

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter

I picked up Orbx's (iBlueyonder) KACK Nantucket, KBID Block Island, 2B2 Plum Island, and 6B6 Minuteman Airstrip over the holidays and I am just about to install these beauties today. Saw various videos on this scenery and was just astounded by all the detail that went into them. Only one thing was amiss, and that was the absence of the region's trademark tall ships. My wish would be to have an AI route for the Bounty or Pearl simply circling Block Island and Nantucket to complete this picture. I am not sure how much work is involved in AI route design, but perhaps if one of the talented folks here in this thread can chime in on this further, it would be very much appreciated.

As an example, please take a peek at this wonderful video by JD to appreciate the close-up beauty of the region :

https://youtu.be/mSyF4xER0qI
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

About Nantucket (home of whale hunters) and Boat traffic files, here's an idea :
    Apart of boats, what about some whales traffic around the island ?... User could
    sail with Bounty from
    Nantucket harbor, searching for whales north & east of the island...

There are 2 native whales simobjects in FSX that are "boat" simobjects with animations
    (in "Animals" simobjects folder).
    My Military Flight Videos :

Are there any HMS Bounty or Black Pearl AI traffic files available for the Nantucket - Block Island (I-BlueYonder/Orbx) scenery packs ? This is a nice area to sail tall ships.
    Cheers, MZee ...

I would be happy to do the improved HMS Bounty AI models as Rob suggested.

We will likely do AI versions of HMS Victory as well once he frees up from his current project.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thank you everyone :-)

LouP

Saw my old thread revived. Sailing between Nantucket and Block Island I found ...............

If you have Milton's original AI Bounty, here's a ship traffic file for you to find these two also. If you don't have the AI HMS Victory
    just search for it on flightsim.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2019-sep-29-001.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank-you, for these Nantucket - Block Island routes, @jmbiii.

I just downloaded, Orbx's Catalina Island scenery, and found a 'Two Harbours - Avalon' route by @familton (link below) which will come in handy here as well.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post956703

One can never have too many tropical AI routes in the middle of winter, lol !
    Cheers, MZee ...

I had downloaded the AI Bounty in two versions :
    1) older version with AI files from here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ffic-Files-zip
    2) new version with HMS Victory from here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...X-Native-Ships

Only the original older version 1) from above works with the 5 AI traffic files included in 1) which I'm using to run it. I cannot get the newer version in 2) to show in sim with these same traffic files.
    Is there much difference between the two AI Bounty's ? The newer one in 2) above is advertised as having sails showing when under way, and stowed when anchored.
    The older one in 1) above has sails showing all the time - sailing and anchored. That's all I could find so far.

Also, I'm using the Traffic File found in 1) for Orbx's Catalina Island scenery and finding that when the AI Bounty departs (or arrives at) Avalon, it runs 'through' one of the stationary ships there. Anyone else have this, or knows of a fix ? It's no big deal but takes away from the immersion somewhat. I realize the traffic file 'traffic_HMS_Bounty.bgl' found in 1) above for Catalina Island was put out before Orbx's scenery was, but maybe there is a way to fix the traffic file ? I'm not an AI Traffic expert so don't know anything about this.

Thank-you,in advance, for any help and feedback
    MZ.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Update

The issue with the "new Bounty and Victory" AI models not showing up had to do with AI Carriers. These files are designed to run with AI Carriers program. For FSX users not running AI Carriers, Milton kindly uploaded 'revised' files in the thread linked here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...26-HMS-Victory (see posts #121 onwards in the thread).

The issue with the AI HMS Bounty sailing through a parked ship when approaching and departing Avalon in Orbx's Catalina Island scenery remains. It's a minor thing, but takes away from the immersion somewhat.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Members who have read this thread: 0