Black Pearl Repaint for Milton's HMS Bounty - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Pearl Repaint for Milton's HMS Bounty

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Shouldn't there be some model files with the black pearl -I know with the bounty there are.
    Trying to figure out why the Black pearl isn't showing up on the water.
    The Black Pearl is just a repaint for the Bounty. Just like an aircraft repaint. Did you add the texture folder for the Pearl and either the entire aircraft.cfg or just the [fltsim.6] entry into the Bounty's aircraft.cfg? And also the new panel for the Pearl.

SORRY, wasn't sure if you were talking about the pilot-able or AI Black Pearl.
    Last edited by MrZippy; January 10th, 2019 at 12:31.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

And did you add the Black Pearl textures into the Bounty's sim.cfg file? Without doing that, you will never see the Pearl on the water.

You got all the .cfg files in the right places, yes. The config file Bounty.cfg in the folder AI_HMSBounty is just there so you can drop it into AICarrier's conf.d folder. You don't have to make your own .cfg file. A nice gift from the developer.
    But unless you add the Black Pearl textures to the Bounty's sim.cfg file, they can't show in AICarriers. The SHFT+J menu items will be there, but they won't point to anything, so AIC can't place them in the world.

Does that make any sense?

I would clear out the conf.d folder, if I were you, as well, to make it easier to find and select what you want. You can always put the .cfg files back in any time you like, but the more you have, the longer and longer the SHFT+J menu gets. Just make a folder like this: ...\AICarriers\conf.d\BAXX , or whatever you want to name it, and move all the .cfg files you're not using at the moment into it. Then, when you want to use one, just copy it into the conf.d folder. When you want a different one, delete the one in the conf.d folder, and copy the new one you want to use in.
    Like, right now, leave the Sparrow.cfg and Bounty.cfg files in the conf.d folder, and move all the rest into your BAXX (or whatever you want to name it) folder for storage. If, in the future, you want the NimitzV2 ships available, just move the Sparrow.cfg and Bounty.cfg files into the BAXX folder, and copy the cvn_68_69.cfg file into the conf.d folder. Easy as cake

Just me, though.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Thought this repaint was pretty awesome actually. I have the Bounty anchored in the harbor, I was simply a miserable failure at piloting this ship that I thought I should stick to airplanes in a flight simulation. But since Jack Sparrow and his lot were "Hopelessly Lost" anyhow, I thought I'd try my hand at sailing the "Pearl". Worst they could do to me is make me walk the plank. Thanks for the repaint! That shows a lot of creativity, IMO.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Worst they could do to me is make me walk the plank. BB686
    Nooo... they might decide to consider keelhauling...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keelhauling

I believe some of Cap'n Jack's crew would be willing to teach you to sail, but I'd be worried about the price.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

AI Boat Traffic For the Bounty and Black Pearl in Samoa

I will address the AICarrier set up later in another post.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, here's two AI boat traffic files. One for the HMS Bounty and one for the Black Pearl. Zipped below.
    Both run properly on my Win10, P3Dv3, with ORBX Pago Pago system.

To get everyone's "ducks in a row" you must have:

1. Milton's AI_HMSBounty folder in your Flt sim/SimObjects/Boats folder.

2. In the AI_HMSBounty folder you should have at least these two texture files:
    texture
    texture.black_pearl

3. In the AI_HMSBounty folder you should also have a sim.cfg file.

4. In the sim.cfg file there should be at least these two fltsim.x entries:
    [fltsim.x]
    title=HMS Bounty AI
    model=sails
    texture=

[fltsim.x]
    title=AI_Black_Pearl
    model=sails
    texture=black_pearl
    ui_manufacturer=Milton Shupe and friends
    ui_type=A legend pirate ship

5. These two boat traffic files (from the zip):
    traffic_Pago1.bgl
    traffic_Pago2.bgl

should be in the default location - your Flt sim/Scenery/world/scenery folder or
    wherever you place your AI traffic files - aircraft or boats.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you have all the above "ducks in a row" You will see the HMS Bounty and the Black Pearl in and around Tutuila Island, American Samoa. Local time is UTC-12.

The HMS Bounty starts and ends it's route in Pago Pago Harbor on Tutuila Island in American Samoa.
    The HMS Bounty's route takes it around the island as as shown below.

The route starts at 00:00 UTC and ends at 05:10 UTC. The reverse route begins at 05:40 UTC and ends at 10:50 UTC. The HMS Bounty repeats this schedule every 12 hours.

The Black Pearl begins it's route just outside of the Faleasao harbor on the island of Tau, 81 miles east/southeast of Tutuila and ends in Pago Pago Harbor on Tutuila. See below.

The route starts at 00:00 UTC and ends at 07:40 UTC. (It appears the pirate crew spends four hours on shore partying in Pago Pago.) The return route begins at 11:40 UTC and ends at 19:20 UTC. The Black Pearl repeats this schedule every 24 hours.
    Last edited by jmbiii; January 10th, 2019 at 19:30.

Right in the middle of trying to upload the zip file, Windows10 decides to perform an update with no notice.
    Hours later I'm trying once more.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Right in the middle of trying to upload the zip file, Windows10 decides to perform an update with no notice.
    Joe,

Still grasping for logic/understanding to make the Pearl show in my AI water.

1. Does it require its own .cfg file in AI Carriers? If so, what does the contents look like?
    2. Didn't see any Mdl files as I guess this is just considered addition repaints for the basic bounty.
    3. I can see "the pear"l on the Menu screen - not in water. "Can't find object" (P3d V3)
    4. Don't see launch boat in water either.
    5. For now the basic bounty w/wo sails is all I have showing.
    6. Was the pearl textures suppose to be added to the AI_Bounty textures? (I've done that)

Joe,
    I will be upgrading to WIn 10 soon along with a major computer upgrade as well.
    I've read a lot of folks using Win 10 have these "update interuptions" and I've came
    across a program that is supposed to solve this. Haven't tried it but was recommended
    https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

"PIRATES !"...

Thanks for the AI routes.

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pirates.jpg  

1. Does it require its own .cfg file in AI Carriers? If so, what does the contents look like?
    No, you can use your Sparrow.cfg, OR you can make a file just for the Pearl.

2. Didn't see any Mdl files as I guess this is just considered addition repaints for the basic bounty.
    No, it uses the Bounty .mdl files. Think of the Pearl stuff as just an addon texture for a plane. It uses the original's MDL files, and has it's own Texture= folders . Just in this case, they need to be in the Bounty's Sim.cfg file, not the Aircraft.cfg files.

3. I can see "the pear"l on the Menu screen - not in water. "Can't find object" (P3d V3)
    4. Don't see launch boat in water either.
    Cant see the Pearl, or the launch, on the water because the AICarriers config files, like Sparrow.cfg, point to entries in the Bounty's Sim.cfg file that you haven't added yet.

6. Was the pearl textures suppose to be added to the AI_Bounty textures? (I've done that)
    Yes, but just like an addon texture for an aircraft, you have to make the additions to the Bounty's Sim.cfg file, just like you would for a new texture for a plane, for the AICarriers config files, like sparrow.cfg file, to be able to add the boat into the world.

See my post #21 for an example of an entry in the Bounty's Sim.cfg file that would permit AICarriers to add the Pearl into the world. I only made one, but if you need, I can make up a complete new Sim.cfg file for the Bounty that will allow AICarriers to show the Black Pearl.

Does this help at all?
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Got it working

Finally....at last....
    Thanks to Joe and Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Joe,
    I will be upgrading to WIn 10 soon along with a major computer upgrade as well.
    I've read a lot of folks using Win 10 have these "update interuptions" and I've came
    across a program that is supposed to solve this. Haven't tried it but was recommended
    https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

Hi @grayeagle,

I have two laptops running W10, and one gaming desktop (FSX) running W7.

Two things I learned regarding W10 :
    1) the software will always find a way of updating, regardless of your stated terms, and
    2) never attempt to try and get ahead of the update game by clicking 'check for updates' manually, even if the comment states 'your system is up to date'.

Point (2) tells MS you wish to be a willing tester of a yet 'unproven' fresh update which they have not yet freely released to the general public because it's still in need of further testing etc. More often than not, in this scenario, you 'will' get an update - a beta update. In most cases the update will work fine, but in some cases you may wind up waiting for MS patches, or even may feel the need to revert system back to earlier time.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Hi @jmbiii,

I will download your AI Bounty package and routes soon, just after I figure out what 'driveable' motorized boat/ship to use to follow it. I don't want to use aircraft all the time.
    Thinking of Deltasim freeware, Sirocco GTX2 from here : https://deltasimstudio.com/

Two questions re your Bounty routes -
    1) did you have to make some sort of BGL file (or files - if both ships at same place at same time, side by side) to use as a water starting point in Pago Pago harbour ? as I am not aware of any 'water runways etc' in that Orbx scenery.
    2) in trying to wrap my head around UTC time, is it possible both the Bounty and Black Pearl may be at Pago Pago harbour at same time given the schedules ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

Grey Eagle, I'm glad you've got it going at last

Now, I hope you realize that there is an absolute requirement: That you enjoy it thoroughly!

Have fun!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Now I see the Bounty in all her beauty!
    - I didn't succeed to get the Black Pearl appear on screen. I followed instructions in posting #30 (copy&paste)
    Put the corresponding numbers in [fltsim.x] instead of "x"

- Win10, P3Dv4.4

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

I too am actually having a problem locating the Black Pearl (sim entries copied/ pasted from post 30, folders named as needed) The Bounty is showing up fine, as in my screenshot above, but no sign of the Pearl. I have tried searching along her entire route.

Gary.

Ps. Could you please possibly provide a saved flight that puts an aircraft (any aircraft) directly in her immediate vicinity as a way of checking for her appearance in the sim?

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi @jmbiii,

I will download your AI Bounty package and routes soon, just after I figure out what 'driveable' motorized boat/ship to use to follow it. I don't want to use aircraft all the time.
    Thinking of Deltasim freeware, Sirocco GTX2 from here : https://deltasimstudio.com/

Two questions re your Bounty routes -
    1) did you have to make some sort of BGL file (or files - if both ships at same place at same time, side by side) to use as a water starting point in Pago Pago harbour ? as I am not aware of any 'water runways etc' in that Orbx scenery.
    2) in trying to wrap my head around UTC time, is it possible both the Bounty and Black Pearl may be at Pago Pago harbour at same time given the schedules ?
    The Deltasim Sirocco GTX2 is a very nice freeware boat to run around in !

1. The AIBTC compiler makes boat a traffic .bgl using a Google earth .kml file made by you. The three files that make up a boat traffic .bgl can be looked at and modified after you decompile with AIBTC. There are no 'water runways'.
    How to make a boat traffic .bgl with AIBTC is a subject worthy of a whole other thread. They are fun to make and satisfying once you get one figured out and the boat shows up.

2. Pago Pago on Tutuila is UTC-11 hours. Saturday 00:00 UTC is Friday 13:00 . See > https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/sst. The Black Pearl may be just coming into Pago Pago harbor as the Bounty is leaving.
    Best way to find one of the boats is set your time at 00:00 UTC and go to either harbor. The pictures above are the tracks the boats follow.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    I too am actually having a problem locating the Black Pearl (sim entries copied/ pasted from post 30, folders named as needed) The Bounty is showing up fine, as in my screenshot above, but no sign of the Pearl. I have tried searching along her entire route.

Gary.

Ps. Could you please possibly provide a saved flight that puts an aircraft (any aircraft) directly in her immediate vicinity as a way of checking for her appearance in the sim?
    Gary, see item #2 in the above post.

Gray Eagle, aardvark, MZee, Dieter, and Pat. thanks for sticking with this. I'll start another thread on AIBTC. Wait 'til you see all the US Coast Guard icebreakers on the Great Lakes !

Hi. tried as suggested above. Set the sim to 1.00pm local time and sure enough the Bounty was just leaving Pago Pago Harbour. But still absolutely no sign of the Pearl. Anywhere!

I have the NavMap (lite) utility that displays AI shipping on the map - checked every blip on or near the Pearl's route (again) but none of them turned out to be this very elusive ship.

Is the sim entry (title=AI_Black_Pearl) definitely as it should be?

Gary.
    Last edited by aardvark62; January 12th, 2019 at 07:27.

Thank-you for the clarification of the AI routing, @jmbiii. I will experiment with the times once all is installed at my end.

Now that I have the Sirocco GTX2 on board, I can start to concentrate on the AI Bounty. This freeware by Deltasim is probably the nicest model I've come across and is perfect to follow the AI craft. I only had to do a couple of things after install to improve performance and speed (patch is provided by Deltasim on their site).... After all, there's no point of having these beautiful AI models if you have no way to follow them, right ?

Here she is waiting for the AI Bounty and Black Pearl to show up at Pago Pago harbour :

Cheers, MZee ...

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    Hi. tried as suggested above. Set the sim to 1.00pm local time and sure enough the Bounty was just leaving Pago Pago Harbour. But still absolutely no sign of the Pearl. Anywhere!

I have the NavMap (lite) utility that displays AI shipping on the map - checked every blip on or near the Pearl's route (again) but none of them turned out to be this very elusive ship.

Is the sim entry (title=AI_Black_Pearl) definitely as it should be?

Gary.
    Gary, Just got home from work. Here's the three files that were used to generate the Pago2 traffic file for the Pearl. If you have AIBTC they will generate the Pago2 traffic file. You can look at the .kml file with Google Earth see where the pearl goes.
    If you have the above AICarrier file from above and it is working, then this AI boat file uses the very same model and the Pearl is somewhere on it's route around American Samoa.
    It is easy to miss any boat in FSX or P3D if you're at any altitude. The Black Pearl is hard to spot . . pirates like it that way . . . the ship is smaller than most AI ships you may find in FSX/P3D. And it's black.
    If you don't see the Pearl at Faleasao harbor at 00:00 UTC then check your AI HMSBounty folder and make sure you have the Pearl paint installed and in the sim.cfg properly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by kdl View Post
    Now I see the Bounty in all her beauty!
    - I didn't succeed to get the Black Pearl appear on screen. I followed instructions in posting #30 (copy&paste)
    Put the corresponding numbers in [fltsim.x] instead of "x"

- Win10, P3Dv4.4

Dieter

OOOHARGHHH, Me Shipmate.

How did 'e get the Bounty to sail in P3d V4.

A Purse of gold coins if 'e let on with the secrets.

(And so on and so forth...)
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    OOOHARGHHH, Me Shipmate.

How did 'e get the Bounty to sail in P3d V4.

A Purse of gold coins if 'e let on with the secrets.

(And so on and so forth...)
    Arrrrh! 'ave ye got patches over both eyes, Matey? I copied this from the download info:

P3DV4 Users: 64-bit code included - See Installation for a quick copy paste setup.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Arggh Master Zip,

With that purse of gold coins ye've snookered, ye should visit the Deltasim shipyards and barter for a nice new boat wot don't need no sails.
    They got some fancy gray metal boats wot would make an old time pirate smile with pleasure.

Picture taken off the north shore of Tutuila @ 6:13PM local (19:13 UTC)

Thanks for getting back to me. This is all a bit of a mystery. I don't use AI Carriers or AIBTC, just relying on pre-made traffic files. I do use FSTramp Free (not NavMap - my mistake) that displays all AI shipping in my area. This allows me to locate even the tiniest of AI vessels (see screenshot):

and is how I easily found the Bounty. But for the life of me, I still can't find the Pearl! It is just not showing as an AI vessel, and I've searched the entire length of the Black Pearl route. I have checked, double checked and checked again my sim entries and folder names and everything seems to be as it should.
    Not something to lose sleep over, just a mystery - but thanks for trying.

Regards, Gary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ai_boats.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0