Black Pearl Repaint for Milton's HMS Bounty

Thread: Black Pearl Repaint for Milton's HMS Bounty

Hybrid View

Black Pearl Repaint for Milton's HMS Bounty

As you may or may not know, the Bounty played the part of pirate Captain Jack Sparrow's ship 'The Black Pearl' in the 2003 movie 'Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl'.
    This repaint is a small tribute to the Bounty and the two crew who perished when the Bounty was lost off the coast of North Carolina in Hurricane Sandy in 2012.

The repaint for the UI and AI Bounty will be uploaded here at SOH today.

Arrrhhh........

Nice looking ship.... ye old seadog.

Avast ye landlubber, Thar she blows and all that rot. Looking forward to the repaint. Looks fantastic!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Worst Pirate I've ever seen.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members +
    Any chance of converting the Black Pearl repaint to FS2004?

(Pretty please???)

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Any chance of converting the Black Pearl repaint to FS2004?

(Pretty please???)
    Will upload a FS2004 (FS9) later today.
    Right now am trying to find my FS9 installation

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Worst Pirate I've ever seen.
    Like the 'readme' says, there's always the DELETE key.

Now all we need is HMS Interceptor to go with it...

Ttfn

Pete

Black Pearl for FS9

Hi Friends,
    here she is rounding Groix on my good old FS2004
    It was not difficult to convert the textures
    Yours
    Papi

First of all, I managed to save the AI Carrierscfg entries.txt as Sparrow.cfg and saved it in my AI Carriers/Confg folder. I numbered the entries:

[formation.0]
    title=Black Pearl
    unit.0=AI_Black_Pearl, 0, 0

[formation.1]
    title=Black Pearl - anchored
    unit.0=AI_Black_Pearl_anchored, 0, 0

[formation.2]
    title=Black Pearl w launch
    unit.0=AI_Black_Pearl, 0, 0
    unit.1=HMS Bounty Launch, 15, 0

Next, I copied the texture.AI_black_pearl to the AI_HMSBounty folder.

Now the titles show in the AI carriers menu but I get a failed to load objects in upper left corner of the screen (no show)

What did I do wrong or not do?

Got the Pearl Paintjob and tried her out. Nice 24Knot breeze on a Beam Reach. Had a problem with the pearl panel.zip. 7zip would not unzip or copy the files to my desktop.

The error read....An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file. Never saw that before and I have use 7zip most of the day with some aircraft downloads...all worked fine!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black Pearl.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	66353
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Got the Pearl Paintjob and tried her out. Nice 24Knot breeze on a Beam Reach. Had a problem with the pearl panel.zip. 7zip would not unzip or copy the files to my desktop.

The error read....An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file. Never saw that before and I have use 7zip most of the day with some aircraft downloads...all worked fine!

Pearl_panel.zip

Zippy See if this one works. I've had trouble attaching in this forum.
    Joe

Thanks Miton Shupe for the Bounty and jmbill for the pearl, Now all we have to do is find Captain Jack Sparrow
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post

Zippy See if this one works. I've had trouble attaching in this forum.
    Joe
    Worked fine! Thanks

Charlie

Now I see the Bounty in all her beauty!
    - I didn't succeed to get the Black Pearl appear on screen. I followed instructions in posting #30 (copy&paste)
    Put the corresponding numbers in [fltsim.x] instead of "x"

- Win10, P3Dv4.4

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

I too am actually having a problem locating the Black Pearl (sim entries copied/ pasted from post 30, folders named as needed) The Bounty is showing up fine, as in my screenshot above, but no sign of the Pearl. I have tried searching along her entire route.

Gary.

Ps. Could you please possibly provide a saved flight that puts an aircraft (any aircraft) directly in her immediate vicinity as a way of checking for her appearance in the sim?

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    I too am actually having a problem locating the Black Pearl (sim entries copied/ pasted from post 30, folders named as needed) The Bounty is showing up fine, as in my screenshot above, but no sign of the Pearl. I have tried searching along her entire route.

Gary.

Ps. Could you please possibly provide a saved flight that puts an aircraft (any aircraft) directly in her immediate vicinity as a way of checking for her appearance in the sim?
    Gary, see item #2 in the above post.

Gray Eagle, aardvark, MZee, Dieter, and Pat. thanks for sticking with this. I'll start another thread on AIBTC. Wait 'til you see all the US Coast Guard icebreakers on the Great Lakes !

Quote Originally Posted by kdl View Post
    Now I see the Bounty in all her beauty!
    - I didn't succeed to get the Black Pearl appear on screen. I followed instructions in posting #30 (copy&paste)
    Put the corresponding numbers in [fltsim.x] instead of "x"

- Win10, P3Dv4.4

Dieter

OOOHARGHHH, Me Shipmate.

How did 'e get the Bounty to sail in P3d V4.

A Purse of gold coins if 'e let on with the secrets.

(And so on and so forth...)
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    OOOHARGHHH, Me Shipmate.

How did 'e get the Bounty to sail in P3d V4.

A Purse of gold coins if 'e let on with the secrets.

(And so on and so forth...)
    Arrrrh! 'ave ye got patches over both eyes, Matey? I copied this from the download info:

P3DV4 Users: 64-bit code included - See Installation for a quick copy paste setup.

Members who have read this thread: 0