Black Pearl Repaint for Milton's HMS Bounty - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Pearl Repaint for Milton's HMS Bounty

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me. This is all a bit of a mystery. I don't use AI Carriers or AIBTC, just relying on pre-made traffic files. I do use FSTramp Free (not NavMap - my mistake) that displays all AI shipping in my area. This allows me to locate even the tiniest of AI vessels (see screenshot):

and is how I easily found the Bounty. But for the life of me, I still can't find the Pearl! It is just not showing as an AI vessel, and I've searched the entire length of the Black Pearl route. I have checked, double checked and checked again my sim entries and folder names and everything seems to be as it should.
    Not something to lose sleep over, just a mystery - but thanks for trying.

Regards, Gary.
    Ah matey,

'tis indeed something to ponder. (I've 'ad my portion of rum this evening, p'haps a wee too much)

I waited in Pago Pago harbor and the Black Pearl arrived and anchored around 7:50 pm local time ('twas very dark)

'ere's the contents of me AI HMSBounty folder sim.cfg file :

[fltsim.0]
    title=HMS Bounty Static No Sails
    model=static
    texture=

[fltsim.1]
    title=HMS Bounty AI
    model=sails
    texture=

[fltsim.2]
    title=AI_Black_Pearl
    model=sails
    texture=black_pearl
    ui_manufacturer=Milton Shupe and friends
    ui_type=A legend pirate ship

[fltsim.3]
    title=AI_Black_Pearl_anchored
    model=static
    texture=black_pearl

[General]
    category=Boat

[contact_points]
    static_pitch=0.0 //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
    static_cg_height=6.0 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

[DesignSpecs]
    max_speed_mph = 15
    acceleration_constants = 0.5, 0.4 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
    deceleration_constants = 2.0, 0.5 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
    SternPosition = 0

[EFFECTS]
    wake = fx_wake_m
    water = fx_spray-fake

And attached is the AI traffic file once more. Perhaps a gremlin has corrupted the one of yours ? The Pago 2 traffic file is the Black Pearl.
    Attached Files Attached Files

By the way, has any one been below decks and been in the captain's cabin of the pilotable Black Pearl?

Look around and you may spy Captain Jack Sparrow's secret.

Thanks again jmbiii, but I think it's time to give up on this one!

Tried the newer Pearl traffic bgl (which claimed to be identical - so I guess my original was fine)

Added the AI_Black_Pearl_anchored entry to my sim.cfg (the only one not present)

Turned AI shipping density up to 100% (normally have it at around 20%)

Started flights at 1.00pm, 7.50pm, 6.50pm, 6.00pm ... (you get the idea...!)

And still absolutely no sign of the Black Pearl. Anywhere.

The Bounty is exactly where she should be each time.

And I know the Pearl's textures are fine because she will show when I temporarily replace her as the Bounty.

And we're a long way from the Bermuda Triangle!

Thanks again for trying. Most odd.

Gary.

Well, I'm afraid to report that I still have the problem to see the Black Pearl at any time (using Little NavMap).

- I copied the Black Pear(BP) textures in the (Bounty) texture folder. The BP appears instead of the Bounty, so the textures don't cause the problem.
    I compared the 2 trafffic files by decompiling them. I don't see any typo or other error.
    This is some kind of fishy.
    Thanks for all your efforts!

Greetings
    Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Okay, boys, I'm not about to give up on you.
    Attached are two boat traffic files - Pearl Test and Pago Test.

1. Change the name of the present traffic_Pago1.bgl to traffic_Pago1.bgl.OFF. (Important - must be done)

2. Place the two test files traffic_Pago_Test.bgl and traffic_Pearl_Test.bgl into your traffic folder.

3. Start your flight simulator - FSX or P3D.

4. Locate yourself either in Pago Pago harbor or just outside.

5. Set your time to
    00:00:00 UTC

6. You should see the Bounty and the Black Pearl leaving the harbor side by side, and another Black Pearl at the mouth of the harbor.

Routes

Okay, that gives me everything you are also seeing:

(that's with the traffic_Pago2.bgl still in place, correct?)

Looking more hopeful!

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenCap_03.jpg  

Icon9

I confirm to see the 3 ships positioned as decribed in your posting #55, but
    this time the Black Pearl is just black, not textured.
    Hopefully I got the correct Pearl textures.
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Aardvark - Yep, I haven't done any thing with the Pago 2 file. If you slew over to Ofu and Tau you may find the Pearl over there also.

kdl - there's obviously a problem with your textures. You may have to download them again, but first make sure the textures are named the same in the AIBounty file.
    the texture folder should be texture.black_pearl

and in the sim.cfg it should read

[fltsim.2]
    title=AI_Black_Pearl
    model=sails
    texture=black_pearl

Sorry, It's all ok now like shown in posting #55!

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    If you slew over to Ofu and Tau you may find the Pearl over there also.
    Nah, no sign of her anywhere else.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    Nah, no sign of her anywhere else.

Gary
    Delete your Pago2 traffic file and try this one. Yours is obviously nackered (is that proper to say ?)

I tried this traffic file and I see the BP leaving Faleasao harbor.
    UTC 00:00

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter

Well, well, well! I too now have a Black Pearl leaving Faleasao:

And Yes! - I guess it was indeed a knackered (with a 'k') .bgl!

So is it now just a case of removing the test .bgls and reactivating traffic_Pago1.bgl ?

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails faleasao.jpg  

Well I now have the two Black pearls working ok but no HMS Bounty.

Where did you get the AI bounty in the boats file,because I think maybe mine is the FS9 version.I cant find an FSX AI bounty file.

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris - I'm pretty sure the AI model came as part of Milton's newest FSX Bounty conversion package.

I also had an older one that I think came as part of Hendrick's AI boat package, but I've merged that one with the newer - you'll need to make sure ALL the necessary entries are copied to the newer sim.cfg and the texture folders are named as called for by the sim.cfg.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi @jmbiii,

I will download your AI Bounty package and routes soon, just after I figure out what 'driveable' motorized boat/ship to use to follow it. I don't want to use aircraft all the time.
    Thinking of Deltasim freeware, Sirocco GTX2 from here : https://deltasimstudio.com/

Two questions re your Bounty routes -
    1) did you have to make some sort of BGL file (or files - if both ships at same place at same time, side by side) to use as a water starting point in Pago Pago harbour ? as I am not aware of any 'water runways etc' in that Orbx scenery.
    2) in trying to wrap my head around UTC time, is it possible both the Bounty and Black Pearl may be at Pago Pago harbour at same time given the schedules ?
    There are water ways in the sim, many of them. In the Bounty release, I included some scenic ones.
    Here is the list:

Here are some nice Water Ports to Launch From:

W33 Friday Harbor WA
    W39 Roche Harbor WA
    W49 Rosario WA
    WA81 Fishermans Bay / Lps WA
    WA83 Westsound/Wsx WA
    WN19 Gig Harbor WA
    16K Port Alice AK
    19P Port Protection AK
    2Y3 Yakutat AK (Beautiful mountain range)
    2Z1 Entrance Island AK (SE of Juneau - good sailing scenery)
    2Z6 False Island AK (South of Sister's Island and Juneau)
    3Z9 Haines AK (Nice to sail to Skagway or Juneau from here)
    5Z1 Juneau Harbor AK
    7K2 Skagway AK
    5KE Ketchikan Harbor AK
    6MA9 Cuttyhunk Harbor MA
    M06 Havre De Grace MD (upper Chesapeake Bay-to Baltimore Harbor or Norfolk)
    61FD Chalk's Key West FL (Good launch for the keys or Caribbean)
    FL26 Kitching Cove FL
    X44 Miami FL
    L11 Pebbly Beach CA (Catalina Island)
    Q87 Lost Isle CA (Navigate this river to SanFran Bay)

RE: UTC: Just Search UTC Time Zones for help:
    Here is one site: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Good Lord ! I'm glad everybody (well almost) has things working. Yep, you can discard or keep the two test files.

I don't believe I've seen a texture file produce such a long thread.

Now slip down to the captain's cabin.

Step over to the bookcase.

Good Lord ! I'm glad everybody (well almost) has things working. Yep, you can discard or keep the two test files.

I don't believe I've seen a texture file produce such a long thread.

Oh boy ! I am hoping for 'smoother sailing' when I put my AI Bounty and Black Pearl in sim (in a couple days), lol !

I am beginning to like all the traffic and three variants of this ship would definitely not be a crowd (as shown in post #56)... Long live Black Pearl, Bounty, Endeavor, the Beagle, and Bethia in American Samoa !
    Last edited by MZee1960; January 13th, 2019 at 15:39.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    There are water ways in the sim, many of them. In the Bounty release, I included some scenic ones.
    Here is the list:

Here are some nice Water Ports to Launch From:

W33 Friday Harbor WA
    W39 Roche Harbor WA
    W49 Rosario WA
    WA81 Fishermans Bay / Lps WA
    WA83 Westsound/Wsx WA
    WN19 Gig Harbor WA
    16K Port Alice AK
    19P Port Protection AK
    2Y3 Yakutat AK (Beautiful mountain range)
    2Z1 Entrance Island AK (SE of Juneau - good sailing scenery)
    2Z6 False Island AK (South of Sister's Island and Juneau)
    3Z9 Haines AK (Nice to sail to Skagway or Juneau from here)
    5Z1 Juneau Harbor AK
    7K2 Skagway AK
    5KE Ketchikan Harbor AK
    6MA9 Cuttyhunk Harbor MA
    M06 Havre De Grace MD (upper Chesapeake Bay-to Baltimore Harbor or Norfolk)
    61FD Chalk's Key West FL (Good launch for the keys or Caribbean)
    FL26 Kitching Cove FL
    X44 Miami FL
    L11 Pebbly Beach CA (Catalina Island)
    Q87 Lost Isle CA (Navigate this river to SanFran Bay)

RE: UTC: Just Search UTC Time Zones for help:
    Here is one site: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc

Thank-you, very much for this info, Milton.
    I will keep a copy of these water ports on hand for future reference. To start with, I think I will launch from 6MA9 and sail around Martha's Vineyard and down towards Nantucket. Eventually I will visit the rest for sure.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

Just a 'Thank You' jmbiii for sticking with it to sort the traffic files!

Cheers, Gary (one happy pirate spotter)

(Ps. Now, if only there were some similar routes for, say, the Caribbean...)

(Ps. Now, if only there were some similar routes for, say, the Caribbean...)
    Just as a random example?

Step over to the bookcase.

For the life of me, I can't see what I should be looking for. Fantastic GFX in the bookcase, the books look great, the objects clear as a bell. But what are you trying to indicate? How do any of these items relate to CAPT. Jack Sparrow? The hat? Pistol? Effervescent Brain Salts?
    Maybe I'm just being dense, here, which isn't at all unusual, but you piqued my curiosity...

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

"Just as a random example? "

...err..., ..yeah. ..maybe (!)

"For the life of me, I can't see what I should be looking for..."

Perhaps the GPS unit hiding behind the lantern?

Gary

And the laptop, used to pull up https://www.myshiptracking.com/. Very handy items for a pirate.

And the laptop, used to pull up https://www.myshiptracking.com/. Very handy items for a pirate.
    Hi @jmbiii,

Looking at your AI sim.cfg files in posts #30 and #51, does this mean that the one in post #51 will somehow also allow you to see the static/anchored ship versions of Bounty and Black Pearl somehow, somewhere, because of the [fltsim.0] and [fltsim.3] entries found there ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

No. I don't believe so. Only in the pilotalble Bounty(Black Pearl) can you go below decks or go up in the rigging.

Members who have read this thread: 0