Captain Sim C-130 FSX Repaints

Thread: Captain Sim C-130 FSX Repaints

Icon5 Captain Sim C-130 FSX Repaints

Shalom and greetings,

I know that there are many liveries of C-130s and L100s in Avsim, Flightsim, and Captain Sim repaint download center.

Would any of you know where I can find MORE liveries in other websites, please?

I know it is CENTURY OLD question but I am curious to know if anybody has better luck locating Nathan Phillips' liveries particularly First Air and Pacific Western liveries?

Thanks,

Aharon

No luck re Nathan Phillips repaints for anything. Dead site links these days and no idea as to Nathan either. I do have a copy of the Pacific Western C-130 paint but it is by a Jean-Rene Lavoie you can find that one at AVSIM look for "cs_130_pacific_western.zip' . Nathan did some interesting paints particularly for the Capt Sim stuff but apart from the few I have for the 707 have not been able to find the others for years now, sorry.

This is a comprehensive list of repaints for the FS9 version, maybe something usefull in there, probably work in the FSX version with minimal tweaking

https://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/p...c130;page=1;q=

Bendyfyer,

Thanks for answer I prefer Nathan Philllip's liveries LOL LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    This is a comprehensive list of repaints for the FS9 version probably work in the FSX version with minimal tweaking
    Ian,

What tweaking would it make FS9 liveries work for FSX version of C-130 All-in-One package, please?

Regards,

Aharon

I dont have the 130 installed any more but im thinking the FSX model is adapted from the FS9 model rather than being a new build. Some of the interior texture's, glass and props may not work but im guessing the external wing-fus ones will work. Anyone feel free to jump in an tell me im wrong
    Its a case of installing what you like and seeing if it works or not

Ian,

Thanks for answer. Not a problem if you are mistaken because it is worth to explore your cool idea. I shall ask around if FS9 liveries can be used for FSX model base.

Once again, thanks for good idea and let's hope you are right. It sure would be nice to be able to use FS9 liveries for FSX.

Regards,

Aharon

Is there a FS9 tex you like ?, let me know if it works

Yes you can get the FS9 Capt Sim liveries to work in FSX but you will have to some conversions. There was a thread on which ones on the Capt Sim site about doing this I cannot find it but I kept a hard copy and made some notes as I went. Bear in mind this was for the 707 the C130 may be slightly different:

I would first just load the texture folder into the aircraft folder and make the necessary aircraft config entries. Load up FSX and select the aircraft in details and see what shows up, the texture areas that need to be fixed will be black.

From memory it was mostly the fuselage areas that were a problem and wings etc were ok but each one can be different, this is the best way to work out what textures you need to change.

From my notes it was the files: b1, b2, b5, b6 plus a new thumbnail that needed to be changed.

[Quote: you need DXTBmp by Martin Wright.
    First, convert the dds. or extended bmp file into 24 bit bmp.files
    Or open the file with DXTBmp and send to your paint program.
    Then save as bmp image
    reopen in DXtBmp, flip the image
    apply alpha to the image,
    and then save again as extended bitmap say DXT3 with alpha]

In my notes I also have b1 and b2 should be saved as DXT3 with Alpha and b5 and b6 saved as Dxt1 with no alpha. I cannot remember why this is!

Make sure you keep the file naming convention the same. When your finished make up a copy of the texture file. Put your new textures into this copy file and added to your sim model file in FSX. You will also probably need to make a copy of another texture.cfg file from one of the ones that work and put that in the folder as well.

Other than that there may some folk over at the Capt Sim forum who can assist.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Yes you can get the FS9 Capt Sim liveries to work in FSX but you will have to some conversions. There was a thread on which ones on the Capt Sim site about doing this I cannot find it but I kept a hard copy and made some notes as I went. Bear in mind this was for the 707 the C130 may be slightly different:

I would first just load the texture folder into the aircraft folder and make the necessary aircraft config entries. Load up FSX and select the aircraft in details and see what shows up, the texture areas that need to be fixed will be black.

From memory it was mostly the fuselage areas that were a problem and wings etc were ok but each one can be different, this is the best way to work out what textures you need to change.

From my notes it was the files: b1, b2, b5, b6 plus a new thumbnail that needed to be changed.

[Quote: you need DXTBmp by Martin Wright.
    First, convert the dds. or extended bmp file into 24 bit bmp.files
    Or open the file with DXTBmp and send to your paint program.
    Then save as bmp image
    reopen in DXtBmp, flip the image
    apply alpha to the image,
    and then save again as extended bitmap say DXT3 with alpha]

In my notes I also have b1 and b2 should be saved as DXT3 with Alpha and b5 and b6 saved as Dxt1 with no alpha. I cannot remember why this is!

Make sure you keep the file naming convention the same. When your finished make up a copy of the texture file. Put your new textures into this copy file and added to your sim model file in FSX. You will also probably need to make a copy of another texture.cfg file from one of the ones that work and put that in the folder as well.

Other than that there may some folk over at the Capt Sim forum who can assist.
    you dont need to convert them to .dds, extended .bmps work just fine in FSX

Matt, correct! Either are fine. Just in the habit of doing stuff these days into direct draw surfaces. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Is there a FS9 tex you like ?, let me know if it works
    After reading too complex instructions and hard to understand explanations on how to covert FS9 to FSX for Captain Sim C-130, I think I am passing the suggestion of converting FS9 to FSX and keep looking for FSX liveries

Regards,

Aharon

Aaron, if you let me know which livery it is you want and have that needs changing I am happy to do it for you I have the Captain Sim C-130.

David Sweetman (DAX) also did a 1st Air that converts nicely to FSX.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2019-jan-12-013.jpg  
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Aaron, if you let me know which livery it is you want and have that needs changing I am happy to do it for you I have the Captain Sim C-130.
    BendyFlyer,

Thanks for your kindness. I will look for Pacific Western livery for FS9 to be converted to FSX by you.

Duckie,

If it is NOT against copyright laws and NOT against SOH regulations, can you please be kind enough to send me that First Air livery, please?

Regards,

Aharon
    Last edited by Aharon; January 13th, 2019 at 07:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Thanks for your kindness. I will look for Pacific Western livery for FS9 to be converted to FSX by you.

Duckie,

If it is NOT against copyright laws and NOT against SOH regulations, can you please be kind enough to send me that First Air livery, please?

Regards,

Aharon
    Ahaon, I'll PM you in a bit.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Ahaon, I'll PM you in a bit.
    Thanks!

Thanks to Duckie's kindness, the problem for search of First Air has been solved.

Now anybody has Nathan Phillip's Pacific Western livery please?

I just discovered that USAF used super shiny metallic liveries for first production of C-130 with three blade propellers. Captain Sims has one metal shine livery in FSX package that I have. I am wondering if any of you would know and tell me where I can find more super shiny metallic liveries of USAF for first production of C-130 with three blade propellers, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Thanks to SOH member's kindness, the problem for search of Pacific Western livery has been solved.

I just discovered that USAF used super shiny metallic liveries for first production of C-130 with three blade propellers. Captain Sims has one metal shine livery in FSX package that I have. I am wondering if any of you would know and tell me where I can find more super shiny metallic liveries of USAF for first production of C-130 with three or four blade propellers, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

Members who have read this thread: 5