nigel richards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nigel richards

nigel richards

hi there .
    is Nigel Richards and his sounds and aircraft a thing of the past . if so a real shame as his sounds are the best on the web
    cheers
    greycap

Nigel has been offline for a while... last thing I heard was that he was having power/internet connection issues where he lives. I sent him a few e-mails but no reply, that was some time ago.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

SOH-CM-2023
    I've been lucky today to see Nigel online via skype messaging. We chatted - well messaged for a little while. All is OK & he & his wife are currently residing at his daughters some 20 km from his hillside farm, where his only power is from a 12v DC system, his inverter having given up the ghost some time back. To make matters worse his car has also done likewise so only method of transport is a quad bike - not nice seeing as there is a lot of snow up there!
    He is hoping to post whilst still a his daughters.
    Keith

Good to hear Keith!

Coincidentally I received an e-mail from Nigel today, with more or less the same as he told Keith. Due to heavy snow he is currently staying with his daughter. Which is why he was able to have contact with us.
    But as said he is doing well, and perhaps even more frustrated than the people here that he isn't able to work on the AVRO.

Cheers,
    Huub

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Greycap, Blackbird686, Dev One, Huub, et al; I'm here, humbled by your kind comments and friendly words, Gentlemen! :-)

With hands still tied back at the homestead due to lack of electricity, I can at least box up the AVRO series while staying with my daughter, and upload them here at SOH as fs9 and FSX portover packages for your pleasure.

Hopefully I'll have time to make paint kits available also.

AWESOME to be once again among friends.

Happy New Year to all!

Nigel
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Good to hear from you Nigel.

You've had us all a little worried.

Ttfn

Pete

Members +
    Welcome back, Nigel. You were missed, & our thoughts are with you.

Here in Cape Town, we have had a drought for the last year, maximum 50l water per person per day.
    Luckily, we are now allowed 103l.
    Due to various reasons (bad coal, no coal) we also have the occasional electricity load shedding as well.

We are ALL looking forward to the Avro, & really appreciate you sharing the beta with us, and still supporting our beloved FS2004.

Take care,
    Robin

PS.... Whats next?

Members +
    Welcome back, Nigel. You were missed, & our thoughts are with you.

Here in Cape Town, we have had a drought for the last year, maximum 50l water per person per day.
    Luckily, we are now allowed 103l.
    Due to various reasons (bad coal, no coal) we also have the occasional electricity load shedding as well.

We are ALL looking forward to the Avro, & really appreciate you sharing the beta with us, and still supporting our beloved FS2004.

Take care,
    Robin

PS.... Whats next?

Awesome Nigel to see you back here again after a long time! It's obvious that we here at SOH missed you quite a bit! Thank you so much for the Avro, for your time and work on it as well, and I'm looking forward to it very much. Happy new Year to you too.
    Mark

Blog Entries
    Pete, Zwobbie1, mrogers,; your kind comments mean much - Thank YOU all, Gentlemen. :-)

Robin; so sorry to hear of the continuing drought, my friend. I presume you're in the dry season at this time of the year, which doesn't help matters.

Now, down to business; Sifting through the last beta test models it appears that we're almost good to go.
    The ONLY outstanding item is the lack of 2D panels which no one apart from our dear Papi seemed bothered about.

So the question is: Should I avoid further delay and release all versions as they stand, with fully user-friendly and highly detailed VC panels???

We could release a special panel update at a later date when I can be confident of regular access to my computer.

Your thoughts would be appreciated Gentlemen :-)

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

First things first, great to hear from you Nigel.
    As for the snow, our median temperatures 'Down Under' are 30C+ with highs up to 47C+..........we could use some snow!
    Re the AVRO project, whatever you decide will surely be welcomed by your many 'Fans'.
    Stay warm.
    Regards John L.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I don't have FS9 anymore nore FSX, i just come in here to check for news about that super enchanting Avro Tutor whose mouthwatering screenies i have been drooling over ever since the first time i saw them.

BINGO!!!! Can't tell you how happy i am with this news, Nigel !

I will now just patiently wait and hope that your gorgeous Tutor model might become available for us fancy P3Dv4 flyers.

Thanks very much again, Nigel, and best of luck dealing with your situation !

Cheers,
    Jan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    First things first, great to hear from you Nigel.
    As for the snow, our median temperatures 'Down Under' are 30C+ with highs up to 47C+..........we could use some snow!
    Re the AVRO project, whatever you decide will surely be welcomed by your many 'Fans'.
    Stay warm.
    Regards John L.
    Great to hear from you too, John. :-)

You have my sympathy regarding the summer heat, my friend. Similar feedback from close family members in Perth.

Plenty of snow here where we're staying with our daughter. :-)

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I don't have FS9 anymore nore FSX, i just come in here to check for news about that super enchanting Avro Tutor whose mouthwatering screenies i have been drooling over ever since the first time i saw them.

BINGO!!!! Can't tell you how happy i am with this news, Nigel !

I will now just patiently wait and hope that your gorgeous Tutor model might become available for us fancy P3Dv4 flyers.

Thanks very much again, Nigel, and best of luck dealing with your situation !

Cheers,
    Jan
    BINGO!

Well met, Javis. Many thanks for the good words.

Re P3Dv4; If I remember correctly, some beta testers had the AVROs up and running in P3Dv3 if that's any help to you, Sir.

I still intend to release FSX natives but I hesitate to commit to time estimates until we have the electical issues at our place ironed out.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Greycap, Blackbird686, Dev One, Huub, et al; I'm here, humbled by your kind comments and friendly words, Gentlemen! :-)

With hands still tied back at the homestead due to lack of electricity, I can at least box up the AVRO series while staying with my daughter, and upload them here at SOH as fs9 and FSX portover packages for your pleasure.

Happy New Year to all!

Nigel
    cheers Nigel
    chuck in the lovely spit you showed us a while back if you have nowhere to park it plenty of room in my hanger, glad your ok
    greycap

Happy New Year to all!
    Nigel
    Glad to hear fro you! I was starting to get worried! I saw the posts from others about your lack of connectivity, but even though it was equipment and not health related, I was still starting to worry that the situation was continuing for so long. I sure hope you can get things back to normal soon.

As for your question about the panel, I like 2D panels very much (though not as much as VCs) but I see no reason to postpone the release if that's all that remains to be done. Posting a panel later as an add-on would be fine. I'm sure someone (Papi, I'll bet) will produce a final version of the panel(s) before very long.
    Happy New Year to you, too!

Good to hear from you, Nigel. Glad all is well. I thought I saw a Sea Fury parked just outside your "barn" a while back.

I'd release what you have for the Tudors mate, seems it would be hard to improve on an already spectacular model. Are you happy with the PWS-18's engine sounds? Thought those were still a W.I.P.

Cheers -- BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

I replaced FSX with P3D3 and the AVRO(S) fly perfectly well in that sim.

Old images.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Nigel! The heck with the AVRO, just glad to see you're still kicking. I'd heard about your power problems so I figured you'd check in sooner or later if at all possible.

The version you sent me some time back struck me as being more finished than a lot of releases.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greycap View Post
    cheers Nigel
    chuck in the lovely spit you showed us a while back if you have nowhere to park it plenty of room in my hanger, glad your ok
    greycap
    Cheers Greycap :-)
    Spit's still an untextured exterior model, but that situation could change once we release the AVROs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Glad to hear fro you! I was starting to get worried! I saw the posts from others about your lack of connectivity, but even though it was equipment and not health related, I was still starting to worry that the situation was continuing for so long. I sure hope you can get things back to normal soon.

As for your question about the panel, I like 2D panels very much (though not as much as VCs) but I see no reason to postpone the release if that's all that remains to be done. Posting a panel later as an add-on would be fine. I'm sure someone (Papi, I'll bet) will produce a final version of the panel(s) before very long.
    Happy New Year to you, too!
    Cheers Mick, I'm sure you're right about Papi and the 2D. I'll get the AVRO gals out First, then release a panel update pack for those wishing to use 2D's.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Good to hear from you, Nigel. Glad all is well. I thought I saw a Sea Fury parked just outside your "barn" a while back.

I'd release what you have for the Tudors mate, seems it would be hard to improve on an already spectacular model. Are you happy with the PWS-18's engine sounds? Thought those were still a W.I.P.

Cheers -- BB686
    AWESOME to hear from you Tom!!! Yup, consensus is we neeeeed a really awesome Seafury, matey. I have sounds and half a model, but better not get ahead of myself until we're securely 'enpowered'.

BTW, you know I can never resist pinching yer awesome flag. Gotcha!!!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I replaced FSX with P3D3 and the AVRO(S) fly perfectly well in that sim.

Old images.

Cripes John!!!

Those stunning "old images" are a treat for my ol'eyes.
    Thanks for sharing what's possible in P3D.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Nigel! The heck with the AVRO, just glad to see you're still kicking. I'd heard about your power problems so I figured you'd check in sooner or later if at all possible.

The version you sent me some time back struck me as being more finished than a lot of releases.
    Means a lot, Willy.

Glad to be back in the company of AWESOME buddies!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Hi Nigel ;

Last input I had as far as testing was tweeking the MOI numbers on the floaty one. IIRC I copied them off to Magoo.

Its your baby to release if you see fit, I'm just happy to have assisted in a little way.

Hope your Ouzo stash is safe if you've left the homestead to its own devices. Must admit the summer wildfires that were reported there had a few members here worried too.

Ttfn

Pete

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Hi Nigel ;

Last input I had as far as testing was tweeking the MOI numbers on the floaty one. IIRC I copied them off to Magoo.

Its your baby to release if you see fit, I'm just happy to have assisted in a little way.

Hope your Ouzo stash is safe if you've left the homestead to its own devices. Must admit the summer wildfires that were reported there had a few members here worried too.

Ttfn

Pete
    Thanks for reminding me to check those MOI numbers, Pete.

Your assistance and enthusiasm are inspirational Pete. Indeed my favourite livery for the Tutor was a direct result of you father's memories of the Tutor in Fleet Air Arm colours at HMS Daedalus.

Ouzo stashed securely at the homestead, matey. :-)

Wildfires down south, Near Athens were a horrific tragedy indeed.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

BINGO!

Well met, Javis. Many thanks for the good words.

Re P3Dv4; If I remember correctly, some beta testers had the AVROs up and running in P3Dv3 if that's any help to you, Sir.

I still intend to release FSX natives but I hesitate to commit to time estimates until we have the electical issues at our place ironed out.
    You'd need a lectical engineer for that i suppose.. ;-)

Thank you, Nigel! Even from the screenies only i can see the love and skill you have put into these wonderful Tutor models. I can say that the release of your fantastic masterpiece certainly is one i am anticipating more than anything else FS related.

For one thing, i do love so much the way you have recreated the difference between the very realistic looking bare metal of the nose plating and the somewhat matt'ish finish of the fuselage paint. I can look at that for hours! Hehe.. ( this is one of my fav screenies of your Tutor i took the liberty of grabbing it and place an icon for it on my desktop. I click on it every now and then just to feast my eyes..

I still have sort of a working FSX just for testing my own stuff but maybe a good chance a native FSX version will work in P3Dv4. Atleast i'm keeping my fingers crossed for the time being !

Thank you once again for creating this beautiful work of art !!

Kalispèra,
    Jan

Members who have read this thread: 2