Flying Stations Sea Fury 'SR661' G-CBEL uploaded to library

Thread: Flying Stations Sea Fury 'SR661' G-CBEL uploaded to library

Flying Stations Sea Fury 'SR661' G-CBEL uploaded to library

This Sea Fury, 37539 was produced for the Iraqi Air Force. She was brought to Orlando, Florida, USA from Iraq in 1979 by Ed Jurist and David C Tallichet. In 1989 the aircraft passed to Laws/Coleman Warbird Museum, Coleman, Texas where it was rebuilt to airworthy condition, before flying again in April 1991, registered as N36SF. The Fury was then shipped to the UK in September 1991, passing into the ownership of John Bradshaw based at Bournemouth and Wroughton until 2009. She was then exported to Australia where she was registered as VH-SFW until being imported back into the UK by her new owners, Anglia Aircraft Restorations Ltd and placed on the UK register as G-CBEL. The aircraft has been refurbished and repainted, by Air Leasing in the colours of one of Hawker’s Sea Fury prototypes coded SR661, which was a modified Fury Mk.II. The aircraft is currently based between Duxford and Sywell, UK.

Another great repaint, always love repaints of aircraft I've seen in reality

None of my other Flying Stations Sea Furies seem to have the tail hook though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JamieC View Post
    Another great repaint, always love repaints of aircraft I've seen in reality

None of my other Flying Stations Sea Furies seem to have the tail hook though

Thanks
    From memory the tailhook visibility is triggered by the name in the aircraft.cfg. I think I put the details somewhere in the read me...

I figured a way to show or remove the tailhook...I chose to remove it for this repaint as per the actual aircraft

Thank you so much for doing this one! I just love the temperate sea topside colors, and it is a spectacular restoration - fantastic to have depicted in FSX now! One of the Graham Peacock (Anglia Aircraft Restorations) owned warbirds.

I've been greatly enjoying your Mk.1 Spitfire repaints of P9374 and X4650 as well! I just haven't taken the time yet to take or post screenshots. Both of those repaints are absolutely superb.

Hi again to all,

Thank you so much for all the feedback- always a pleasure to have paints downloaded and enjoyed. I quite agree, I really like modern aircraft repaints in fsx- though nice as they are, I never really felt that the old battle-worn looking warbirds really suited the feel of the program/time period... Also happy you enjoyed the early Spits too!

Wasn't too sure how to remove the tail hook myself, but yes the actual aircraft does not appear to have one. I still feel the Sea Fury really needs a good, detailed payware release from one of the big developers such as Aerosoft, Just Flight, Flight Replicas etc as it's truly a favorite of mine. This version is okay, and has some good features but the flight model is rather strange as it has a roll-rate in excess of 360 degrees a second, slightly odd systems without a very realistic representation of a fuel-injected engine, and I feel the sounds slightly let it down. Having said that, it's still a nice looking model and VC.

Enjoy the repaint, hopefully more coming soon!

Members who have read this thread: 2