Connection Problems

Thread: Connection Problems

Connection Problems

For the past week or so I've been having trouble connecting to this forum. Not all the time (I'm here now) but frequently enough to be rather annoying. When I click to enter this forum I often get an error page with the following message:

"Unable to connect
    Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at www.sim-outhouse.com.
    ..."

It can take several attempts to get to the FS2002/2004 forum page. Once I get to the forum page I often get the same error page when I try to open a thread, and again it can take several attempts before I get in.

On days when I have trouble (which is more days than not) I have tried getting into the FSX and CFS2 forums and had no trouble, though a few attempts at each of them doesn't prove anything.

I have no trouble getting to the main SOH page or the downloads pages, just the forums, and apparently just this one.

Is it just me, or is anyone else having this problem?

What time of day? They run some server routines around 10:30pm Pacific time.

The .net server is down because of hostile attempts to take control over the server. I haven't heard about or noticed anything weird on this server, but it could be that somebody is trying to hack this server as well.
    In Dutch news it was reported that there was a record of DDoS attacks over last week. Mainly caused by bored kids who are currently having their winter holidays...........

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon5

Yes Mick,

I use Firefox, and have noticed (over a few weeks) no or slow connection to SOH at odd times, also when in, sometimes slow page updates, also 'server busy try later'. Nothing wrong with my internet or speed.

I just hope the new server company can handle high volume, and have good HDDs/equipment.....

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    What time of day? They run some server routines around 10:30pm Pacific time.
    I always check out SOH in the morning, occasionally in the late afternoon, never in the evening or late at night. I'm in New England, Eastern Tine, and by 10:30pm Pacific time I've been in bed for about three hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Yes Mick,

I use Firefox, and have noticed (over a few weeks) no or slow connection to SOH at odd times, also when in, sometimes slow page updates, also 'server busy try later'. Nothing wrong with my internet or speed.

I just hope the new server company can handle high volume, and have good HDDs/equipment.....

Shessi
    I very occasionally get the "server busy" message, and that doesn't alarm me, but that's different. With the recent problem I have no trouble getting to the main SOH page or the downloads page, and (based on just a few tries) the CFS2 and FSX forum. It's just this forum's index page and some of the threads in it. And the error page isn't "server is busy," it's "unable to connect with the server at sim outhouse," though I'm only unable to connect when I try to get to this forum or some forum posts.

It's intermittent, and when it happens, if I keep trying I finally get in, but it's annoying.

It doesn't go back to the hosting service switch, just the past week or two.

Mick send me a PM with your Ip address.

We did have twice last week were the server was having an issue. It was Wednesday and Thursday of I remember correctly.

I don't think that is your problem. Yours might be that other strange issue with our firewall. I still don't know what causes it.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    Mick send me a PM with your Ip address.
    We did have twice last week were the server was having an issue. It was Wednesday and Thursday of I remember correctly.
    I don't think that is your problem. Yours might be that other strange issue with our firewall. I still don't know what causes it.
    Done.

Thanks
    !

Members who have read this thread: 0