Odd Sound Problem After W10 updates

Thread: Odd Sound Problem After W10 updates

Odd Sound Problem After W10 updates

Okay, this is really an oddity I ran into after a W10 update yesterday that seems to have screwed something up with P3Dv4. I usually use a Bluetooth headset and have three that I alternate between depending on the power states of each headset (I have an MPOW-059 and two Motorola S305 sets). Anyhow, after yesterday's W10 update, I noticed I could not hear any sound with P3Dv4 and then ran diagnostics which turned up nothing. My MPOW headset runs fine with all other program's sound playback except P3Dv4 but after cutting off my headset, the sound (P3Dv4) worked fine through the speakers. After running some checks, I discovered I could start P3Dv4 and then cut on the headset and when it connected, I could hear the sound just fine. All settings are nominal within W10 and P3Dv4 to work with any of my sound outputs but for whatever reason, P3Dv4 won't automatically connect to my Bluetooth headset and run the program's sound unless I turn the headset off then on again after the program is up and running.

I'm stumped! Any ideas, or has anyone ran into this before? Like I noted, works fine with other programs including DCS.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Having read what you've already tried, perhaps run a "repair" option for V4 Client? Occasionally I also have similar problems with V4 sound, following a Win 10 update. Frustrating, but so far I have been able to fix things. Good luck! NC

Did the Client Repair option to no avail which itself seemed to cause more issues. So I decided to go ahead and move over to 4.4 to begin taking advantage of PBR BUT the sound issue still persists! It's something with Windows and likely little to do with P3Dv4. As I noted before, I can get sound to thew speakers but the workaround to get bluetooth sound is simply cutting the phones on then off and back on again. Still odd and will be searching for another workaround. Odd this issue didn't affect anything else.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not sure to be solve your problem, because I don't remember where I find that but
    you can try adding the following config setting to your Prepar3D.cfg [sound] section.
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

[sound]
    time_constant=0

That fix is targeted at a 4.4 problem (only), that is most easily recognized with engine spool up sound changes when switching views. But no downside in trying it.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Yeah, this is a Bluetooth/Windows bug that affects P3Dv4 only on my system. It may not affect many other folks or any at all. I can still use the Bluetooth headset, just have to jump through the hoops I described. Maybe another update will fix it or I will find the curing workaround. Thanks for all the help suggestions. Am actually out of using P3Dv4 right now since I upgraded to 4.4 and need to redo just about everything which is fine, a fresh install runs great!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0