Buildings?

Thread: Buildings?

Buildings?

Hey all,im liking XP more and more everyday,i have all of my controllers working perfectly except my saitek trim wheel.the saitek switch panel works great but the radio,though i can change channels etc,it doesnt change whats on the display in sim.

but like at my home airport,Auburn cal,KAUN,there are no buildings.and very few houses out and around.ive been playing with the settings,but i cant seem to find the right setting to show them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    Hey all, I'm liking XP more and more everyday, I have all of my controllers working perfectly except my Saitek trim wheel. The Saitek switch panel works great but the radio, though i can change channels etc, it doesn't change whats on the display in Sim.

But like at my home airport, Auburn Cal, KAUN, there are no buildings, and very few houses out and around. I've been playing with the settings, but i can't seem to find the right setting to show them.
    If your airport is listed as 2D or has nothing next to it in the airport selection window, then all you'll have is a runway and maybe a taxiway, possibly a windsock and that's it. On the other hand if the airport has 3D next to it, that means it has buildings and most likely additional Airport type objects.

X-Plane handles airports differently in that Major Hubs and some Regional Airports are done in 3D and very nicely I might add. Even some small GA local airports are nicely augmented with buildings and so on. However for a good many airports it's been left to the Community to fill that void. While in FSX when I did an airport I could simply upload it to the SOH site and it was available for anyone who wanted it. In X-Plane 11 if you want to make it available to the masses, you must register with the Scenery Gateway, produce your scenery and then upload to the Gateway and then anyone can download it. Of course you can do any scenery you want for yourself. . .or even pass it on to others using XP-11, but in order to have it open to all members it has to go through the Gateway.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

ok i see,thanks for explaining that to me.i did do a search at xplane.org and found a auburn file,made by a guy who lives here in town.havent installed it as yet.got sick i guess and have only been out of bed for an hour this am and then now,,been asleep the rest of the time..not like me to sleep this much.lol.

Members who have read this thread: 0