Akemi mz-a6m2 missing

Thread: Akemi mz-a6m2 missing

Akemi mz-a6m2 missing

Talon's missions ( at least 2) are "missing the mz-a6m2". Talons' readme requires mz-a6m2b and mz-a6m2n which I have D/L. I checked the first 2 mission files and it lists --name=a6m2
    Omission error? If that is the case, I am not sure if he was wanting a zero or float plane.

Searched the first 17 missions in the USMC'43 set--4 had a6m2 and 15 had a6m2b. Found no a6m2n in this set yet. I will experiment with mission edits tomorrow and post results.

HP.........

.......go here and read this old post. It might help you with this..
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ighlight=talon

Fibber
    I have all of Akemi's A/C.
    I am of the opinion that the few missions asking for the a6m2 was a typo. I converted them to a6m2b in those mission files ( 4 in the USMC'43 missions and 1 in the USMC'43 SBD). I have flown them and so far no issues. I intend to keep checking his other missions--Solomons P-38G and 44 FG for any issues related to the "missing a6m2".

Talon's 44 FG has 7 missions looking for the a6m2 and the Solomons P-38 has 4 missions looking for the same. I will pursue and report findings for anyone interested.

The Akemi mz-a6m2 model was his very first Zero model. It was the Sakai version with no antenna.

He later made 2 new zero A6m2 models with improved detail in the landing gears, pilot figure etc. One was the mz-a6m2b with the radio gear, and the mz-a6m2b-t without the radio gear (with a new Sakai skin). When he posted these he removed his first model from his website.

Talon used the original model in his campaigns, but it was no longer available for download. The mz-a6m2b-t is the superior model meant to represent the same aircraft. I would suggest you simply use it and rename the model folder mz-a6m2. I have the original model if you really feel you need to have it, but Akemi obviously intended for it to be replaced with his better models.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Captain Kurt
    Hmmm Interesting note. I did not know that . i will take your suggestions and run with it.
    Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0