Water cooled or not water cooled computer survey

Thread: Water cooled or not water cooled computer survey

Hybrid View

Water cooled or not water cooled computer survey

I am interested in hearing from those that use the Water Cooled CPU systems.

I am also interested in finding out anyone that has a recent computer (all in one tower) that is air cooled and the specs on it
    and how it preforms. I know there are water cooled and air cooled computers out there that will support P3D V4 series and interested
    in hearing what works for you as far as P3D V4 is concerned. Manly interested in best bang for the buck ($$$)

I am doing a search and comparison on what types of newer computers (tower) and how the Intel I series and the
    AMD Ryzen fair with P3D V4 series. I want a tower that will support P3D V4 and later and updates in the future.
    The Mobo would have to allow 3 or more PCI cards and handle more then one internal HD. Have a few USB 3/2 ports as well.
    I know the water cooled runs quieter and cooler but I would think down the road corrosion would be a factor or leakage inside
    the boards.

Thanks.

Gray Eagle, both my gaming machine and internet machine are built by Falcon North-west and feature water cooled CPUs. As part of the warranty package they guarantee no leaks for 5 years. Both are their Mach V brand machines.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Water cooled processors on both of my computers (one Intel and one AMD). Water cooled GTX1080 GPU on main computer.

Used Liquid cooling on everything I've built for over 10 years and never had any problems at all.
    I'm using a Corsair Obsidian 900D Full Tower at the moment as it was the most flexible box that I could get without going to silly prices.
    It will fit 9 hard drives and 3 optical drives along with 4 graphic cards.......
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I dabbled a few years ago, but gave up after a fried motherboard and expensive graphics card (due to faulty leaking components rather than my assembly). Plus wrestling with a truly dreadful piece of kit called a Zalman Reserator, guaranteed to drive you insane. Once I found out that it was Zalman's own (expensive) coolant that was crystallizing in the blocks and clogging up the whole kit, then it was back to good old fans for me !

I'm sure modern professionally built kits are fine, but just remember the old maxim that water and electricity are not made to live happily together..........

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post

I'm sure modern professionally built kits are fine, but just remember the old maxim that water and electricity are not made to live happily together..........
    I tend to agree....

Members who have read this thread: 0