GAS Stearman A75-AG Demo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GAS Stearman A75-AG Demo

GAS Stearman A75-AG Demo

Available now on the file site. This is the completed model with all updates addressed. The link to our file site will be taken down. Enjoy and have fun.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=33

Downloading it now so as to have one clean and complete copy to run (and keep in the archive folder)

Thank you, Paul and Golden Age for your constant efforts to keep the community in good supply of vintage, classic and iconic aircraft.

..now if nobody minds, me and my squealy brakes and chirpy tires are going flying for a bit with a big ol' dusty grin on my face..
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Downloading it now so as to have one clean and complete copy to run (and keep in the archive folder)

Thank you, Paul and Golden Age for your constant efforts to keep the community in good supply of vintage, classic and iconic aircraft.

..now if nobody minds, me and my squealy brakes and chirpy tires are going flying for a bit with a big ol' dusty grin on my face..

LMAO

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

Sterman

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    LMAO
    GREAT!!!! one of best, love it! Thanks. Lee

Thank you very much. I bought the Stearman package in early December and enjoy it very much. Looking forward to the follow-on.

Fantasy fun with GAS Team Stearman... vintage, nostalgic, modern art!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Thank-you, Paul, and everyone involved in bringing this beauty to the sim world !

Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Preview of a retired crop duster before converted back to a two seater.

Last edited by TuFun; January 21st, 2019 at 05:23.

Well, THAT was quite a ride!

I bought the GAS Stearman package when it came out and have been flying it quite happily. However, when Paul announced the Christmas offer of the Crop Duster Demo I was rather ambivalent - crop dusters are just not my thing - until this morning!

Had my coffee, read the paper and sat down for the usual morning's perusal of the internet... as I bounced through the various threads I came upon the latest additions to this one and hit on MZee's screenshot of Wheeler's CF-EQU !!! Whoa...back in the summer of '65 or so I had some down-time on the ramp at St. Jean, Quebec and spent it crawling all over, under (and a bit of 'in') EQU.

So now I'm interested. Downloaded the Duster package, but no sign of the Wheeler bird. OK so it's an addon skin... go looking and find (in the SOH library) Canuck51's paints of EDU and FRZ. Installed, tested, big grin follows. (Many thanks, Peter!)

However, the ride doesn't end there. In the past I've done searches on the net for photos and info on Wheeler - my dad knew Tom Wheeler and this got a happy teenager a bit of special access to their planes - at least the ones around Dorval. So to follow up I searched again this morning and came upon a wonderful source:
    https://nbavengers.com/history-of-th...new-brunswick/
    which led me to it's companion:
    https://nbstearmans.com/

BTW, a nice collection of Wheeler history can be found at: https://nbavengers.com/489-2/wheeler...rgreen-quebec/

For those who never heard of Operation Budworm, some of the linked pages will be eye-opening. Running from 1953 to 1973, it was a huge operation to spray (initially using DDT!) the New Brunswick and some Quebec forests to try to combat the Spruce Budworm. At the peak (1957) they employed 190 Stearmans in a single season from as far away as Arizona and SoCal.

(There's a FlightSim voyage for you - ferry your Stearman from Reedley, CA across/through the Rockies, dodge weather across most of N. America to New Brunswick, fly a bunch of spray missions out of dirt forest strips and then, if you haven't bent the plane, fly home through summer thunderstorms to your home in California. VFR, no autopilot, no GPS - right! Hmmm, thinking about the fun of recreating a Budworm base and operations on the Multiplayer forum for online mayhem!)

Anyway, half a day later I've gone through about a third of the Budworm pages and it's been a great day. Not only the aircraft data and pictures, but to read the attached comments and to see names and even words from people I've all but forgotten after some 50 years. I never flew Budworm but had friends and instructors who did, along with AME's my dad knew so it's been a wild ride down memory lane.

So thanks to Paul and GAS, Canuck51 and MZee for dragging me back to my teenage years. It's been a great ride on what's supposed to be Blue Monday

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

The repaints look great. Our Super Stearman Package is in beta test and the Ag version remodeled for that package. Here are some screen shots for those interested.

Almost there! Testing bumps and go try some stitches/tapes stuff for the wings.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Real deal.jpg  
    Last edited by TuFun; January 22nd, 2019 at 06:42.

Thx Paul for update.
    Thx TuFun for new repaint/bump mapping.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

TuFun, that is looking awesome! Thank you for posting.

Yes thanks a bunch, Paul and those smashing shots!

Here's N56059 after converting to a two seater...

And an old friends crop duster from the movie "The Aviator" I did a few years back. The one in the movie is number 8. May transplant this one on the GAS bird.

What A/P

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Fantasy fun with GAS Team Stearman... vintage, nostalgic, modern art!

What airfield are these pictures from?

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    What airfield are these pictures from?

Thanks,

Tom
    Looks like Orbx KHQM, Bowerman (Port Hoquiam), Washington State. Freeware.

Ttfn

Pete

That's correct freeware Orbx Bowerman scenery. Red Bird will be released for the retail version. I will be able to add the need textures.

Nice work on the clean restored Duster, TuFun - much appreciate that you have made it available. Thank You!
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Nice work on the clean restored Duster, TuFun - much appreciate that you have made it available. Thank You!
    You are welcome. Some limitations on the demo model that I can improve wants the payware version is released.

The thumbnail in the folder is the actual aircraft before conversion. -TeD

Thanks TuFun, great repaint, but I was flying and noticed some strange "lights" on the engine when using the VC.

Looking around to get a better look, it has a very interesting, but not very realistic look.

When looking at the spot plane view it looks it normal beautiful self.

This was done using P3d v4.4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-1-24_22-36-36-791.jpg   2019-1-24_22-36-30-215.jpg   2019-1-24_22-36-12-99.jpg   2019-1-24_22-37-55-562.jpg  
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

You been pushing that engine hard it's glowing hot!!! Interesting that the cover and engine block are glowing too.

Only tested in FSX-SE. Some day will get P3D but only when v5 is released.

Remove these two texture files will remove the chrome parts. It reverts back to default Duster engine parts.

engine_PW_R985

engine_PW_R985_misc

Should look like this after removing those files. Also fix the bumps on the cowl. There was a double row of rivets on the left side because of mirroring effect.

Last edited by TuFun; January 24th, 2019 at 23:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Looks like Orbx KHQM, Bowerman (Port Hoquiam), Washington State. Freeware.

Ttfn

Pete
    Thanks,

Tom

You been pushing that engine hard it's glowing hot!!! Interesting that the cover and engine block are glowing too. ...

Only tested in FSX-SE. Some day will get P3D but only when v5 is released.

Remove these two texture files will remove the chrome parts. It reverts back to default Duster engine parts.

engine_PW_R985

engine_PW_R985_misc

Should look like this after removing those files. Also fix the bumps on the cowl. There was a double row of rivets on the left side because of mirroring effect.

I will try that, just for reference, it was like that when I loaded the AC before I started to taxi.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 2