Working on Era2 & BoB gsl

Thread: Working on Era2 & BoB gsl

Working on Era2 & BoB gsl

I have been combining the ETO Era 2 gsl with the best from Clive's BoB and now also with WOTR stuff. Now iave just done a quick mission over London to see what that looks like in comparison to regular ETO and BoB. Some points.

1. BoB has Bristol temple Meads railway station in London! I'll give correct coordinates later.

2. ETO has Battersea Power Station in the Thames and the associated bridges (part of the same facility) on land. The BoB coordinates are correct.

3. Personally I don't like the BoB blue water, especially in rivers. I also have changed the 'surf' so more like mud or sand water borders.

More in next posts.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BoB Battersea 1.jpg   Battersea Power location.jpg  

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Looking at Tilbury Docks facility, I wonder if it shouldn't be more on the already existing 'docks' nearby. See screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TOW Tilbury1b.jpg  

Greenwich Naval College and Observatory need to be closer to the river, IMO. Also note one anomaly in the Thames!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TOW Greenwhich 1.jpg  

Adding WOTR facilities to the gsl have given more detail to the docks in particular. While I can provide the gsl details for them, I will only tell people who have WOTR, and don't know how, what necessary other files must be added from the WOTR install. Having WOFF should work as well.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TOW WOTR 4a.jpg   TOW WOTR 3a.jpg   TOW WOTR 2a.jpg   TOW WOTR 1a.jpg  

I've updated the positions of Battersea Power Station in ETO, the Royal Naval College and Greenwich Observatory in ETO and BoB. I have also altered the facility and its position for Tibury Docks in both ETO and BoB. This will be uploaded soon. Meanwhile there is an issue with the terrain in ETO cf BoB at the Royal Naval College and Greenwich Observatory area; BoB being more correct. How is this changed?

On Google Earth

In BoB

in ETO

There is also the relative size issue between the RNC and Observatory buildings which is incorrect in all installs AFAIK

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rel size RNC Greenwich Obs.jpg   ETO Greenwich.jpg   BoB Greenwich.jpg   RNC and Greenwich Obs in G Earth.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0