Engine management

Thread: Engine management

Engine management

Hi, just two questions,

1- Is there any way to manage the engines in a "good" way? I mean, overheating the engine or correct use of cowl flaps in order to keep the engine cool...

2- Has anybody tried RealEngine 1.4 in CFS2? the software was designed for fs9 / FSX, and is a great, great addon, i guess you kwnow about it. Congratulations to the developer. CFS2 has a similar structure about gauges, panels... as fs9, so I wonder if is possible to install it in any plane.

THANKS!

There is. I never used it but know it was used on the AVHistory 1% planes.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Thanks for your answer, I'm trying to find that package, BTW do MAW, ETO... support engine management / engine failures? thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by D'Ace View Post
    Thanks for your answer, I'm trying to find that package, BTW do MAW, ETO... support engine management / engine failures? thanks again
    D'Ace: The Avhistory1% planes use a utility called realityx to activate the qualities you are seeking. It recreates overheating and if you exceed the aircraft's G limit, your plane will explode/fall apart. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll post it here... it should be in the Warbirds library.

Note: Those planes are designed to be flown only on Hard flight model, with weapons effect set to max - they should not be flown with other types (non-1%) of aircraft because of the different damage effects.. Learning to trim is important with those aircraft as is fuel tank management too.

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by D'Ace View Post
    That is CFS3.... Up one forum.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Thankyou Shadow Wolf 07 for your answer, i'm trying these 1% aircrafts. The idea is just impressive, it's a oity i didn't discover them before. I can read in the install instructions something related to a file, "RX.dll", wich should be dropped in effects folder. I cannot find that file in the packages i'm downloading, i will keep o trying finding them.

Allen you are right, i'm just playing both. In fact both are full of memories for me, i enjoy them as the very first day.

Happy new year to all of you!

Shome confusion, methinksh?

I'm assuming this thread was intended for the CFS2 forum, because CFS3 models work rather differently from CFS2 when it comes to panels and gauges. Add-ons like RealityX for the AvHistory CFS2 aircraft just aren't supported by CFS3, they're very different sims under the hood. CFS3 is quite different to earlier CFS versions and FS8, 9 and X. We often wish we could build gauge and panel add-ons like the other sims, but CFS3 is what it is.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    The new SJ Fw-190 has a lot of new features such as engine management . Lot of new controls to make it very immersive. Try it out for CFS3 with optional panel offered.

"RX.dll", wich should be dropped in effects folder---
    put the file into the modual folder , as it is a Dll file ,

D'Ace: Here are the 2 you'll need for the 1% planes: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=148&id=6222 and http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=148&id=6083 for the RealityX and the 1% gauges.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 1