whew

Thread: whew

whew

guess ive forgotten how to fly...just did a short flight,literally took off went around and landed....i was sweatin like a mad man when i got stopped,,which btw was off the runway opposite the ramp..out in the weeds...but i got on the ground in one piece..

think i need a new chair or something,couldnt get my feet on the rudders,and when i did,i was all over the place..nephropathy is terrible for me on this.and it took me an hour and a half to just get the brakes to release.by then i was frustrated and down right mad,then the cat came to see what the fuss was,and sat on top of the yoke box (saitek) dead center of the screen....whew...

I have to agree, although I am going to stay the course and get things straight in my head. . .eventually. Coming from FSX you have to throw everything you know out the window because aside from the take off and landing, nothing else works as you are used to. You can't slew, change aircraft, change airports or use ATC without it being a major operation. Plug-ins are a big deal in X-Plane. . .almost nothing works without them. Easy enough to download and add, but why not just incorporate those functions into the Sim?

Version 11.30 is close to being released and I've read that under some circumstances we can expect lower than normal fps. I'm sure it has to do with how high your settings are and how fast your system is. . .but nobody wants to hear that the new version will give you lower frame rates.

I'm all in on X-Plane though as I officially uninstalled P3D_V4.3 yesterday and won't be going back to it. So it's FSX and X-Plane 11 from here on out.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

well im not going to give up either.i dont get why the "parking brake" seems to get set while im trying to taxi,use differential braking and pow,stopped dead.there are several braking clicks (sorry minds not awake yet,its only 10am.lol) but i dont know which one i can assign to set and or realiese .

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    well I'm not going to give up either. I don't get why the "parking brake" seems to get set while I'm trying to taxi, use differential braking and pow, stopped dead. There are several braking clicks (sorry minds not awake yet, its only 10am.lol) but i don't know which one i can assign to set and or release .
    Yea, one thing that takes a bit of time is setting up all the buttons on your joystick and throttle to handle various functions. I don't use the keyboard for anything related to aircraft functions. Everything is programmed to a button or lever on the joystick and throttle. X-Plane has an immense array of functions to choose from, more than seems necessary really and it really takes a while to sift through all of them to locate the one you're looking for. I'm still not happy with the way mine are set up.

Braking was a problem for me as well. In FSX I would simply pump the brakes on landing or taxiing using the trigger on my twist grip joystick. I couldn't locate a similar function in X-Plane so I settled for being able to set the parking brake and then releasing it with a single button. Not ideal but it works until I can track down the right functions for the brakes.

Current System Specs:

where did you find the "parking brake" i cant find those words in the lists.what did you use to set it to a button ?i like to fly the twin otter most and i found if i look down,i can release the parking brake there,but it seems the brakes are still being applied.ive calibrated the peddles and brakes several times,only to have this same thing happen.time for me to go lay down now...lol..i wore myself out..lol..

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    ...You can't slew,..
    Falcon409, you can slew in xp11, but you need an plugin for it, called X-slew :

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php...omment-1274570

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Falcon409, you can slew in xp11, but you need an plugin for it, called X-slew :

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php...omment-1274570
    Yes I know. My point was that we shouldn't need plugins. Make it a part of the Sim like FSX.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    Where did you find the "parking brake" I can't find those words in the lists. What did you use to set it to a button?
    No, there is no reference to "Parking Brake" in the list of functions. If you do a search for "Brakes", it brings up a list of various brake functions. Some are foreign to me because I don't fly Commercial Aircraft. I only fly Single Engine or Small Twins (GA) and rarely, if ever fly into major hubs. 99% of my flying is into small, single owner, One runway type airports or dirt strips. Consequently probably 2/3rds of the functions available in X-Plane are ones I'll never use.

With the brakes, you won't find anything labeled the way you would expect and it's mostly trial and error. For my main brake action(while taxiing or after landing) I use the one labeled "Hold Brakes Regular". This will release the parking brake and then allows you to use the brakes to slow down while taxiing or after you've landed. Once I've come to a stop I can set the parking brake inside the VC.

Current System Specs:

ok,thanks for the "hold brakes regular" ill try that.i too only fly single or twin engine'd GA,and i prefer the small airports,all my flights start at KAUN,i always fly out to some other place,ive never done a return flight,lol..dont know why,but it is what it is eh?

Members who have read this thread: 0