Republic and Chrysler ... Oh Boy - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Republic and Chrysler ... Oh Boy

SOH-CM-2024
    Thanks Milton, Duckie, Nigel et al. Some playing with brushes this week I feel.

You are welcome. Hope to see some paints.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

SOH-CM-2020
    Many thanks Milton & Team

Pete.

A great one Milton, et al ! Nothing like the singing of a big four bladed prop !

Thanks very much Milton and crew. Yet more masterpieces, and for FREE! Unbelievable!

You guys really give flight simming a good name.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

TERRIFIC!...

Thank you Milton and all involved.

Gary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XP-72.jpg  

It's going to be awhile, as I don't have a ton of free time at the moment, but little by little it will get done. Right now I'm working on getting the top camo lined up, figuring out where the wing root paint gets applied, all of the cowl paint locations, the alpha, etc. Then I'll move to the bottom of the fuselage where the paint wraps around at the tail. Once I have all of the paint completed, I'll begin designing the markings. Once I have them designed I'll apply them to the model. Then I'll probably do a Pengie Paint scheme on the XP-72.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-1-16_21-22-45-430.jpg   2019-1-16_21-24-8-85.jpg  

Gotta go get those! Thank you Milton and contributors.

Thank you Mr. Shupe, these aircraft are truly works of art. Simply put: outstanding! Thank you again.

Hey, great to hear you are enjoying these products. The team did great on the paints, sounds, flight models, etc. Love when it all comes together for you.

Working on another classic twin radial right now. Looking really nice already.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Blog Entries
    Thanks Milton,

When I'm back from travel, I'll get the native '72, which of all of this series, is my favourite. That long tapered radial cowl, close-cropped to a large faired spinner is a thing of beauty, so while I've enjoyed it in its portover form, the native version is much appreciated as I'm contemplating a P3D migration in the near term.

I'll add that Steve Bryant (Duckie) did a gorgeous repaint (NACA 029) for FS9 that I anticipate will work fine on the new version. That's the only one I fly it in, but if memory serves he did a few repaints for this family of releases that folks with other interests will want to look at.

Thanks Milton and team, and Steve for the past and future paints that may arrive.

Can't wait to fly this ....

dl

Perhaps I missed something, but has the XP-47H been released yet ?

Thanks very much for the XP-72 and XP-47J ...

Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    Perhaps I missed something, but has the XP-47H been released yet ?

Thanks very much for the XP-72 and XP-47J ...
    Not yet Rohan; see post of December 31st by Duckie. Thanks for your interest.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The XP-72 is definitely a stout flyer. Big, heavy and FAST. I remember testing this one out for FS9 and what a real kick she was to fly, so.... I have added this one to the short list of very few addons that I have for my FSX install. Thanks Milton!

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

OK, I need help, besides the obvious. Look at the silver rectangular on the wing root by the flaps. I can't find where that is located, so if anyone knows, I would appreciate it. Then I can finish the markings and get this out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XP-47J-Wing-Woot.jpg  

See attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fuse2_t.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    LOL Yup, what a hoss she was too!

Duckie did the awesome graphics on the XP47H inside and outside.

Not sure if he is available for some bumps and specs but the aircraft is set up to support them.

The Republic Experimentals are the next in the queue for FSX native conversion - the XP47H, XP47J, and XP72.

Here are a few captures of the "H" now converted.
    Well if Duckie did the skins, they are awesome.

Now was that airplane ever operational in the military? If not, why not?

Wow, how did I miss this ?
    Thanks Mr Shupe!
    Sue

Thanks Milton, due to how straight the edges were I thought it was elsewhere and I had moved the paint "down" far enough fuselage wise. Now I can get this finished.
    Once I get that area painted I just have to paint the rudder, finish adjusting the alpha, then complete the markings and it will be released. I plan on using the markings for Ugly Duck ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post

Hi Eric,

Duckie did the skins for the XP47H while Nigel did the skins for the XP47J and XP72.

All of their work is top shelf.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post

A small run of P-47Ms followed the -47D on the production line, but it is desirable before discussing this to account for the designation gaps.

The XP-47E with pressurised cockpit has been mentioned above, as has the P-47G which was the designation of the Curtiss-built P-47D;

one P-47B was used to test the installation of laminar-flow wings as the XP-47F;

and the XP-47H designation covered two P-47Ds in which new 2,300 hp (1715 kW) Chrysler XIV-2220-1 inline engines were installed to give higher performance, overall length being increased by 3 ft 0 1/4 in (0.92 m) in comparison with the P-47D. This version did not materialise in production form, however, as the Chrysler engine was not put into production.

Far more radical was the XP-47J (no use was made of an I designation) which introduced a closely-cowled fan-cooled R-2800-61 engine rated at 2,100 hp (1 566 kW), and provided with a wing of lighter weight which incorporated six 12.7 mm (0.50 in) machine-guns.
    First flown on 26 November 1943, this experimental aircraft was the first piston-engined machine to exceed a speed of 500 mph (805 km/h) in level flight, attaining 504 mph (811 km/h) on 4 August 1944, but despite this sparkling performance production plans were abandoned in favour of an even more advanced project designated XP-72.

The XP-47K has been mentioned above, and the XP-47L resulted from structural changes in a P-47D to provide greater internal fuel capacity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chrysler_IV-2220_(1).jpg   115 Engine D-000005 as-found 4 of 4.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton,

Can I send you the texture? Because I've painted that area and even lower on the fuselage and it is still showing as silver.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Hi Milton,

Can I send you the texture? Because I've painted that area and even lower on the fuselage and it is still showing as silver.

Ken
    I just ran a test painting only that area on the original template red.

See the attached zip for a copy of that template to test with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-mar-11-001.jpg   fuse2_t.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The area I'm trying to paint isn't the end of the flap area, it's the horizontal portion next to it that is part of wing root. No matter how far down the fuselage I paint, there's a silver rectangular patch there. In your picture, it would be the little blue patch between the red at the end of the flap housing and the jagged red lines you see bleeding to the right of the patch I'm talking about.

Members who have read this thread: 0