disabling torque movement during takeoff

Thread: disabling torque movement during takeoff

disabling torque movement during takeoff

I have an issue dealing with torque motion with the CP-107 Argus by defunct addon maker indigo flight.

When I move the throttle to full power... the argus make a turn to the right due to its engines.

How can i disable this function?

FS9 | Menu | Aircraft | Realism Settings | --> Torque & P-Factor to the minimum (left) or as desired.
    Roman

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingvsAirbusNKL View Post
    I have an issue dealing with torque motion with the CP-107 Argus by defunct addon maker indigo flight.

When I move the throttle to full power... the argus make a turn to the right due to its engines.

How can i disable this function?
    If its only this aircraft having this issue:

In the aircraft.cfg, [Flight Tuning] section, these two parameters will influence that:

p_factor_on_yaw = 1
    torque_on_roll = 1

Reduce each to .5 and test, adjust as necessary
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Where did you find the Argus at? I have been looking for one for my FS9 collections for years. If you can help me plug this hole in my collection, i would very much say thank you and well be very happy!!!!!
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

I have the settings for realism on easy... and it still goes to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingvsAirbusNKL View Post
    I have the settings for realism on easy... and it still goes to the right.
    Ensure Autopilot is OFF.

Did you change the torque on roll and p-factor settings I mentioned in earlier post?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

SOH-CM-2023
    Check lateral fuel load & C of G. Lateral position of pilot & passengers can also affect turning in S+L flight.
    Keith

Everything in the aircraft config file seems fine... I really don't know how to handle this.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    If its only this aircraft having this issue:

In the aircraft.cfg, [Flight Tuning] section, these two parameters will influence that:

p_factor_on_yaw = 1
    torque_on_roll = 1

Reduce each to .5 and test, adjust as necessary
    I don't see those options as there isn't a section ror flight tuning.

This looks like a job for napamule.

I have been flying this Indigo Argus Mk.2 since it was released in 2007. It flys nicely in both Fs9 and FSX. The real Argus has Wright R3350 Turbocompund engines which deliver 3,700 hP each, total of 14,800 hp. It is about 50% larger dimensionally than the Douglas DC-6B, and had 50% more power (14,800 HP vs 10,000 hp)

I fly it in both FS9 and FSX-SE at 106,000 lb GTOW (Max GTOW is 157,000 lb). On take off it, I don't notice an unusual torgue factor, it is a large and powerful beast.

As you roll out, you don't get rudder authority until after 35 kts, so a slow acceleration using nose wheel steering and braking is necessary to keep straight. Above 40 Kts and at full power, I don't see that the Argus pulls right excessively. The rudder can keep it straight until rotation at 95 kts and take off at 115 kts. It then climbs out nicely without excessive wandering.

I have Saitek yoke, rudder pedals and 4-engine quadrant to control the model. I'm using the Aircraft.cfg and Airfile as suppplied, with no mods.

I also compared the Argus with Just Flight's DC-6B (both at 106,000 lb GTOW). Both wanted to pull right at max power, but the rudder kept them straight. The Argus was light and fiestly, and the DC-6B was about Max GTOW. I would expect that the light Argus would be more difficult to control and show more torgue effect. As it turned out, I really didn't notice much difference between the aircraft, and both can fly nice and straight using the rudder.

Thank you for sharing my interest in a great aircraft. Thanks for your willingness to share this with us!!!!
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

Members who have read this thread: 0