Floatplane wake problem

Thread: Floatplane wake problem

Floatplane wake problem

Hi. Just suddenly I seem to have a broken wake effect problem with all my seaplanes, floats and amphibs:

I've tried replacing my entire effects folder with a previously working backup (which turned out to be identical anyway), and I've made sure all effects files being called are present.

I mostly use McCoy's Water Landing effects, but this is happening with all versions of that I've tried and with planes that came with their own specific effects. The default wake and water effects display little more than a minimal splash - no trace of a wake at all.

I've tried flushing the shader cache and also checked the main .cfg against an older backup - nothing different. There is nothing I can think of that I have actively done to change anything. Sooo frustrating!

Does anyone have ANY idea as to what might be causing this?!

Gary.

Previously:

Ps. This is P3Dv2.5 - I've posted here rather than the 1-3 forum as there are days you can see the tumbleweed blowing around in there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenCap_06.jpg   ScreenCap_05.jpg   seacat3.jpg   ScreenCap_02.jpg   ScreenCap_01.jpg  

Hi
    In the effect file, add this line
    Ground Decal=1
    below
    Ground Normal=1
    in all [Particle.X].

Hi mpni -thanks for your suggestion.

The effects files I had in place had neither of those lines anywhere - but these files are as they were when there wasn't a problem previously.

Anyway, I added those lines to each Particles section and unfortunately all I got was this:

But thanks for trying!

Gary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenCap_03.jpg  

Okay, resolved:

Through desperation I tried altering any settings to do with effects.

Sure enough, moving the slider in Scenery/Special Effects/Special Effects Detail from medium to high brought back my water landing effects.

This, however, is a setting I had never previously altered. Hmmm...odd...

Gary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenCap_04.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0