Frat Bros TA-4 Skyhawk flight dynamics

Thread: Frat Bros TA-4 Skyhawk flight dynamics

Frat Bros TA-4 Skyhawk flight dynamics

I had not installed the Frat Bros. TA-4 in a long time. Did so, just to see how it looks/flies. Considering the price I paid, $9, I can't complain, but the flight dynamics are bad. Just wondered if anyone else here has this model, and possibly made some adjustments to it? Thanks, NC

I'm just waiting for Dino's TA-4, his should have a decent FDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    I'm just waiting for Dino's TA-4, his should have a decent FDE.
    Oh, me as well, but in the meantime, I had this in my files, so thought I would "dust it off" and fly it. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Oh, me as well, but in the meantime, I had this in my files, so thought I would "dust it off" and fly it. NC
    I am a major fan of the old virtavia A-4 skyhawk and still fly it regularly. Its a beautiful model with a well done VC. its a simple airplane, but I love flying it. Comes with a lot of weapons configurations. (more than I am interested in actually!). Lots of repaints as well. Many done by the best amongst us freeware painters. Im waiting for Dino's TA-4J to complete my collection.

Chief, I presume you're actually referring to the Frat Bros. Pacific Aerospace CT4 A/B Airtrainer, used by the RAAF and RNZAF for pilot basic training? Not the Douglas A-4 Skyhawk, quite a different bird!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CT-4A Airtrainer.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by llanning08 View Post
    Chief, I presume you're actually referring to the Frat Bros. Pacific Aerospace CT4 A/B Airtrainer, used by the RAAF and RNZAF for pilot basic training? Not the Douglas A-4 Skyhawk, quite a different bird!
    In that regard, is that the same plane Iris made as well, but a later version, the F? I have the Iris trainer and it's a blast to fly. One of my favorite small Pistons in the sim. If you're looking for a good CT4, I highly recommend the Iris release.

No, I am referring to their TA-4 Skyhawk. NC

Interesting! Til now I did not know that Frat Bros. Design had produced a Douglas TA-4K Skyhawk. I see they also did an A-4K "KAHU" as well. Both for FSX and nicely priced. Wonder how it compares with the newer Virtavia A-4 Skyhawk package? Is the Frat Bros. TA-4K FSX Native? The simMarket listing doesn't say.

Interesting! Til now I did not know that Frat Bros. Design had produced a Douglas TA-4K Skyhawk. I see they also did an A-4K "KAHU" as well. Both for FSX and nicely priced. Wonder how it compares with the newer Virtavia A-4 Skyhawk package? Is the Frat Bros. TA-4K FSX Native? The simMarket listing doesn't say.
    Oh, believe me, there is no comparison. The Virtavia is much nicer and more detailed. But priced accordingly. The cockpit of the Frat Bros pales in comparison to Virtavia's. But Frat Bros is only about $9 vs almost $45 for Virtavia's. NC

There was an older thread on this that used the Frat FDE on the Virt model. I had both as well in FSX. On a side note, Virt stuff is 50% on PCaviator.com, so $20 for the single seat Scooter.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    There was an older thread on this that used the Frat FDE on the Virt model. I had both as well in FSX. On a side note, Virt stuff is 50% on PCaviator.com, so $20 for the single seat Scooter.
    That is a good deal! NC

Members who have read this thread: 0