Izumo class carrier Japan Navy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Izumo class carrier Japan Navy

Izumo class carrier Japan Navy

The Izumo and her sister ship Kaga replaced the two from the 1970s originating helicopter destroyers of the Shirane class, Shirane (DDH-143) and Kurama (DDH-144). Since its commissioning in 2015, the Izumo is the largest Japanese warship since World War II.

Picture of the real Izumo class carrier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izumo-...pter_destroyer

In December 2018, due to the increasing military presence of the Chinese Navy, the Japanese government decided to rebuild both helicopter carriers by 2020 into complete aircraft carriers, which will then carry the F35B and Osprey. After the conversion, both carriers will have an additional launch ramp for the F35B and will be further modernized.

In 2017, CIMOGT released its model of the smaller Hyuga helicopter carrier as Freeware. Legs Carrier classes have many similarities. I asked CIMOGT for permission to use his model as the basis for designing the much larger Izumo class and get his permission.

The most significant changes are the length and width of the ships, the elevators, the armament (even in an additional island at the stern), many changes to the ship's bridge and the ramp for the F35B after the conversion.

The models will of course be published as Freeware after completion for the FSX and contain a current version and the version after 2020 of the Izumo and the Kaga. In addition, various deck layouts are provided.

I would like to use the very frame-friendly aircraft models of Dino and its USS America, but did not receive his permission to do so on request. Thus, the images on which these aircraft are to be seen are still considered very preliminary (examples of a deck layout).

Here are the first pictures from SketchUp and ModelconverterX from the previous processing status.

greetings
    Klaus

And both models as they look just now.... far from beeing ready...but a little bit of progress...

greetings
    Klaus

Cool

Pretty awesome! Or is it awesome AND pretty? I think both.

Looks great, but will you put the lower part of the hull? With Waves activated in P3D ships without the hull below the waterline looks kind of "naked"...

Looks great, Klaus!

one of my personal pics of her sis

I knew they were talking about fitting ramps but this is the first I've seen it visualised... looks pretty good
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Over 20 years ago, I visited one of the JMSDF Helicopter Cruisers (?) while I was working there.
    It was fairly late in the evening and so long ago that I can't recall which one it was.
    There were several there at the time.
    At the time, their AEGIS cruisers were very new ships.

- Ivan.

Thank You Klaus!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    one of my personal pics of her sis

Nice pic .... but this is the "very little sister". It`s the ISE (DDH182). A carrier of the Hyuga class. The Izumo class carriers are much bigger.

First test on sea.... the KAGA (DDH-184) in FSX (like she will look in 2020)

greetings
    Klaus

These models will come with the carriers if i get the permission to use the base models (USS_DDG_Arleigh_Burke_Class) i changed for these. Destroyers of the Kongo class and the Atago class. Will be all the class ships. 2 for the Atago class and 4 ships for the Kongo class.

On both ships there are little mistakes just now. Things to change.

greetings
    Klaus

All three destroyer class.....

Atago class

Kongo class

Maya class

greetings
    Klaus

Thanks for your efforts.
    Very nice work...

Just the next step forword. Destroyers of the Akizuki Class and the Takanami Class.

Akizuki class destroyer

greetings
    Klaus

Takanami class destroyer

greetings
    Klaus

Really well done Klaus!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Great job Klaus,looking foward to the finished version,thanks for your hard work.

Oh boy, more ships ! Thanks, Klaus.

Thanks Klaus

Stoked to see the JMSDF finally really get into FSX & P3d! Thanks!

(However I can't see the screenshots alluded to in this thread!)
    Last edited by JosefK; January 22nd, 2019 at 00:45. Reason: Note

Quote Originally Posted by JosefK View Post

Ditto, had to do a double take to check it wasn't a completely new thread. Looking forward to the new ships, gives me an excuse to go off and explore Japan
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Quote Originally Posted by JosefK View Post

Stoked to see the JMSDF finally really get into FSX & P3d! Thanks!

It is sad that screenshots dissapeared, they are really great. Wonderful job, Klaus

A few new pictures of the bearers of the Izumo class. The configuration of the deck layout needs to be changed a bit, as unfortunately I could not use all the planned aircraft. For some, unfortunately, I did not get the consent, because they are occupied with other rights.
    Nevertheless, my sincere thanks to Dino, whose F35 finds itself in the carrier model again.

greetings
    Klaus

Thanks and will there be a model w/o the ski jump?

Thanks for your hard work on this. Looks rather realistic even without the SH-60J model on deck. Just wonder that if the Isumos go without a ski-jump, you'll please offer a strictly flat top model w/ F-35s on board. Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 1