AT Simulations release the Brussard - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AT Simulations release the Brussard

The more we voice our concern, the better we have chance to convince the developer to review this procedure...
    We should all send him a mail !
    Gérard

I was actually close to purchasing this aircraft because it looks extremely well done. But in view of the preceeding posts, I think I’ll put it on hold unless the developers change this.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Its ok for if the whole title check online the licence.
    We know it from the market. Eagle Dynamics (DCS), 1CGS (IL-2 Sturmovik) do this but its for whole sim, once, but the addon?
    Can't imagine if the others do the same way in every time and what if I havent net for a limited time? DCS and IL-2 offers offline mode, I suppose here no this option?
    According me its a wrong way. The one from difficult security has SSW (manual hardware fingerprint) but its one time also.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The way the post above re: license checks makes it sound like it was just once when you first start the aircraft, not for every time after.
    I'm pretty confident in my connection, so I bought it
    Been loving it so far!
    Does anyone else notice the 985 is really a beast to keep cool sometimes?
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Once again - the Broussard is a very, very nice plane and have the potential to be a "Bestseller" - i hope that ATSimulations will change the way they handle the "Lisence-Check".

As Warhorse47 mentioned in his peply, i did'nt like an addon which checks for updates by himself. The other thing is that an internet-connection works ever in two directions - once a connection is established, others can have access to your PC. It is not that i will say ATSimulations will do that but they could be hacked as every other account in the world-wide-web and then .... .

My thought

Dirk

I emailed Andrey a few days ago and received a reply in which he stands by the decision to use the internet check. I disagree with him and wish he'd change his mind. I suspect this will impact sales of the Broussard and that's a shame as it's a very well done plane.

Still glad I bought it but disappointed that there will be times on my PC that it will be unusable.

cheers,
    steve

Btw. as I know the ChasePlane uses the same idea - checks licence and update every time when I start P3D so it looks like that this idea becomes more popular
    but this model looks fantastic and its in my "style" definitely .
    Last edited by YoYo; January 10th, 2019 at 08:08.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hello gentlemen,

Quite hot discussion here I found, let me clear some things.

First of all thank you so much for kind words about our projects, special thanks to people who purchase them, you will not be disappointed I'm sure.

About Internet connection which is must with ATS Broussard, and so hot hated here - it used ONLY for key validation.
    In case when we see hack attempts with tenth sold copy, defence system is the point we are forced think about. As soon as we would have even half of "Carenado" or "Aerosoft" market part, we will cut this system at all

Take a look around, nowadays refrigerators, tv and even toasters could be connected to the Internet, so it's quite simple requirement to ask and provide easiest way to check the copy. I do believe that most applications in your phone do the same.
    If you are using sim in lonely chalet up in a mountains without any web connection... well, seems Broussard is not for you right now..

So, no doubt - if you like it, take it. We are working on some updates right now, tundra, skies, floats maybe ILS versions would be provided in 2019.

I can't monitor this thread too often, so if you have some question better drop me a line into PM or email.

Andrey Tsvirenko
    ATSimulations developer

Andrey, thank you very much for your explanation here - i think it is clear now for everyone.

All the Best

Dirk

So i make my decision - it is a so wonderfull plane that i must live with the "Lisence-check" ;-) - today i have some "Winter-fun-flying" to test the new paint from TiAir - thanks for that by that way. What i miss is the long antenna on the top - as seen on many Broussards Maybe in the future....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2019_1_10_16_57_47.jpg   enb2019_1_10_16_55_37.jpg  

In my hangar also ! The first contact: very well done! DM is present also.

Sheesh Fireball6 after absolutely castigating the thing, now seven posts later you want a longer aerial!!!!!

The mind boggles.

Cheers chris

Quote Originally Posted by Andrey Tsvirenko View Post
    We are working on some updates right now, tundra, skies, floats maybe ILS versions would be provided in 2019.
    Sounds very good Andrey!

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Sheesh Fireball6 after absolutely castigating the thing, now seven posts later you want a longer aerial!!!!!

The mind boggles.

Cheers chris
    I am not sure what you mean with "absolutely castigating the thing" - I am one of the customers who bought the Broussard before the Requirements were changed and for me, as for others too, it was not clear that an internet-connection is needed everytime you start the plane in your simulation.

I wrote my thoughts here in this forum and more than once i wrote also that the plane is a very well crafted addon.

Andrey give us a good explanation here and i make the decision to use it as it is - and no, my mind did not boggle - but i found it better to leave the plane in my sim as delete it and ask for a refund.

So, why do you think you should charge me ?

Dirk

I cant find the manual.
    Is it present here?

Edit:
    Ok, I found it on the website, here is the link for manual :
    http://atsimulations.com/download/br...ser_Manual.pdf

Cold start tutorial:

And take care, you have fuel in board...

High C.H.T and Oil temps

Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post
    The way the post above re: license checks makes it sound like it was just once when you first start the aircraft, not for every time after.
    I'm pretty confident in my connection, so I bought it
    Been loving it so far!
    Does anyone else notice the 985 is really a beast to keep cool sometimes?
    I've been reading all the latest posts about internet connections etc, and so far appear to have had no problems, but I'm keeping an eye on it. I do agree that Andrey has developed a superb product and deserves support- I'm sure that most of the questions and problems will be overcome in the near future. I know little about computers, so I'd like to make some comments about something I'm a little more familiar with.

The R985 in the Broussard does seem run a little hotter than the same engine, in say the Beaver, (ref the Milviz Beaver). I find that opening the oil cooler gills, and selecting cowl flaps fully open after engine start, allows the C.H.Ts to rise gradually, and the oil temps to stay in the green while taxying. Prior to applying full power for take-off, the CHT usually is about 205C degrees, even at high ambient temps, during take off up to about 215-220 during take-off, with the oil temps going into the red, about 80C. As soon as possible after take off, reducing power to 90(Atmospheres?), seems to keep the CHT at about 220C, oil temps still slightly in the red, I.A.S 75 to 80 k, R.O.C. about 1.8 mps, (359 fpm). at say 762 metres (2500 ft) levelling out, power back to 80, 1800 rpm, brings the temp back in the green rapidly, with CHT 210-215. At moderate weights this generally gives a T.A.S 115-120 kts. I then slowly close the cowl flaps to about 30-45 percent. I have some limited experience with the R985, (the Beaver) and have not had similar requirements. Could be Cowl design. I'm sure their are others out there who can comment, but I hope this helps in the meantime.

Re C.H.T.s etc

Quote Originally Posted by Catboat View Post
    I've been reading all the latest posts about internet connections etc, and so far appear to have had no problems, but I'm keeping an eye on it. I do agree that Andrey has developed a superb product and deserves support- I'm sure that most of the questions and problems will be overcome in the near future. I know little about computers, so I'd like to make some comments about something I'm a little more familiar with.

The R985 in the Broussard does seem run a little hotter than the same engine, in say the Beaver, (ref the Milviz Beaver). I find that opening the oil cooler gills, and selecting cowl flaps fully open after engine start, allows the C.H.Ts to rise gradually, and the oil temps to stay in the green while taxying. Prior to applying full power for take-off, the CHT usually is about 205C degrees, even at high ambient temps, during take off up to about 215-220 during take-off, with the oil temps going into the red, about 80C. As soon as possible after take off, reducing power to 90(Atmospheres?), seems to keep the CHT at about 220C, oil temps still slightly in the red, I.A.S 75 to 80 k, R.O.C. about 1.8 mps, (359 fpm). at say 762 metres (2500 ft) levelling out, power back to 80, 1800 rpm, brings the temp back in the green rapidly, with CHT 210-215. At moderate weights this generally gives a T.A.S 115-120 kts. I then slowly close the cowl flaps to about 30-45 percent. I have some limited experience with the R985, (the Beaver) and have not had similar requirements. Could be Cowl design. I'm sure their are others out there who can comment, but I hope this helps in the meantime.
    Re my previous. Forgot to mention, on climb, power to 90,r.p.m 2000, and depending on weight, power can come back to approx.8.8, the same r.p.m. The only other problem I have had is setting the D.G. on line up. for some reason, occasionally, the D.G. will not be aligned, before engine start, and once the engine is running, with all three suction indicators within the arc, though the D.G. indication will change with aircraft direction, the knob to change to the correct heading will not pull out. Anyone have the same problem?

Details are fantastic (tire deflection on the ground!):

btw.
    what I noticed - on the ground, when You do taxi I see strange stutter. Its only on the ground (its present when You pan aircraft or from VC view from cockpit)
    You can notice it if You use Track IR and not fixed fps. Strange... in the air is ok. FPS here are ok but strongly noticeable stutter is present. Something is wrong on the ground.
    Here the example and comparison (however, it does not reflect 100% of what I see on the monitor):

When the plane is parking - fps are smooth and no any stutter, when I starts to taxi - fps drops and stutter is present when I move the head:
    https://youtu.be/y2seDdaGIUs

Did You notice it also? Maybe my eyes only...
    Last edited by YoYo; January 11th, 2019 at 07:34.

Btw.
    many infos about MH.1521:
    http://www.mh-1521.fr/index.php?part=37

The battles between Spider-Man and his arch-rival Venom are the stuff of comic book legend. Perhaps you like the story.

Than perhaps you like this repaint I am working on. In fact, good old G-HOUR based in Duxford got a new paint. Owner is IMHO a Co-founder of Bremont watches, who himself is fan of the story.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    what I noticed - on the ground, when You do taxi I see strange stutter....
    I thought about it half the last night and finally I found a reason of this stutter / fps drop on the ground with the help of ATSimulations.
    It a issue in this both blue gauges (wheels, tire deflection on the ground). Its a nice eye candy but something is wrong here and it's a case of stutter when the wheel rotates (so as I noticed on taxi, take off and till the few meters over the ground).
    You can turn it off by "//" but in this time no animation and half a texture. I wrote about it to Andrey, I hope he helps.

Panel.cfg:

[VCockpit01]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    visible=1
    size_mm=2048, 2048
    pixel_size=2048, 2048
    texture=$only
    gauge00=wheels!wheel_l, 191, 1, 3710, 162
    gauge01=wheels!wheel_r, 191, 822, 3710, 162
    gauge02=VHF251_1!VHF251_1, 4, 1646, 630, 190
    gauge03=therm!therm, 6, 1888, 2740, 19
    gauge04=ats!main,0,0,1,1,Broussard

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    The battles between...
    Nice work Thomas!

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Btw.
    many infos about MH.1521:
    http://www.mh-1521.fr/index.php?part=37
    Awesome! Very useful link. I've already printed out a copy of the English checklist
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

internet works again, and thus the Broussard as well!
    Here's two more paints:
    jk7874

jk7872

jk7858

jk7854

jk7852
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Members who have read this thread: 0