AT Simulations release the Brussard - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AT Simulations release the Brussard

Quote Originally Posted by marijn View Post
    Check out the P3D section, you will find them under JanKees Civilian repaints
    Got those. I was referring to his latest in post #19 and TiAr's post.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Patience please, the internet in my sim computer isn't working anymore, and the Broussard doesn't work if there is no internet connection, very annoying..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Patience please, the internet in my sim computer isn't working anymore, and the Broussard doesn't work if there is no internet connection, very annoying..
    Oh, no problem. Just looking forward to it whenever its available.

You say the Broussard doesn't work if there is no internet connection?? Interesting.
    -- WH

Good news, I uploaded that paint.
    And yes, without internet, all I see is a black cube, really weird.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    You say the Broussard doesn't work if there is no internet connection?? Interesting.
    I notice the same today - it seems you need to be connected to the internet to use the plane, otherwise you see a black box in external view and from inside there is no way to look out.

I like the Broussard very much, great level of detail and a real "Fun-Flyer" but that is not a good way - it should be changed as soon as possible imho.

Dirk

The Definition of the System-Requirements are not very clear on the ATSimulations-Website :

System requirements:

- FSX SP2 / Acceleration pack or FSX SE or P3D v3 (v4)
    - Available hard drive space: 1.5 GB (for one platform)
    - Video card: DirectX 10 compatible
    - Internet connection

it would be better to declare that a "Internet connection" is required to use it in your Simulator.

Whatever the reason is for that - it is a big disappointment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    The Definition of the System-Requirements are not very clear on the ATSimulations-Website :

System requirements:

- Internet connection

it would be better to declare that a "Internet connection" is required to use it in your Simulator.

Whatever the reason is for that - it is a big disappointment for me.

Not acceptable...

Got the same problem with the black cube everytime I select the Broussard. Already contacted the support about that problem, because my computer is connected vie LAN to my router and have steady connection.
    My solution for that is right now, to start the flight with the Broussard and change to another livery from the Broussard and the Black Cube is gone...
    But there must come a fix sooner or later.

A T Simulations have updated their requirements as follows

System requirements:

- Internet connection when starting the plane

I think it is something to do with checking the registration or footprint.

Cheers chris

Mmm. My sim computer, for reasons that I do not understand yet, does not want to connect to the internet, so no Broussard for now I guess...

Thanks for the new paint, Jankees.

I had no idea the Broussard requires the internet for startup. I've been flying it daily and had no problem, but I'm always connected to the internet.

I'd be curious to see if anyone gets a response from ATS as to the purpose be it registration, piracy control or whatever.
    -- WH

Warhorse see my post above.

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris.

Yes, I saw your post. It sounded like you assumed it was related to registration or footprint, so I wasn't sure which. I love the aircraft, but have mixed feelings about some software tracking my use of a product or collecting any kind of data on me. I've never encountered an FS product that requires an active internet connection just to start it. The process is likely harmless, but I'd like to know more. Thanks.
    -- WH

Yes, it seems you need internet for loading ac and startup. I am not happy with this process. Is likely harmless, but I'd like to know more, too.

Anyway, just upload new highres repaint of this wonderful MH-1251 Broussard. D-FMCA is still in service in Germany.

Thomas

Yes it appears that every time you load the aircraft it checks on your registration.very fair in my opinion.

however I understand ATS are looking at other alternatives.

Understandable as the piracy has killed so many small developers.

Andrey is a superb designer,one of the best in my opinion and needs to be given our support for a small developer.

Cheers Chris

In my Opinion, it must be clear for every customer that the software he buy and install, need an internet-connection to be able to use the software every time he want to use it in the sim. At the time i bought it, that was not clear for me and i think a lot of other customers. An Internet connection is needed by a lot of addons during the installation-process. Carenado, JustFlight and many others work this way, but not for "start" an addon in the sim.
    I did not like a software for my flightsimulation that works this way and make my hobby depending from a "working internet-connection". In case there are technical problems with the internet-connection and/or there are problems at the provider-side, than you can fly a black box in your sim - very funny.

To clarify here, i like the Broussard and the work of ATSimulations a lot - it is a very nice plane with a lot of features and great on frames, the price is absolut reasonable and i have a great respect for every developer who brings a good addon - but i would like to know that the addon will need a connection to the internet, everytime i want to use it - and that, before i buy it - not after a member here, brought that to our attention.

It should be stated at the ATSimulation-Website, the requirements and also in the manual what exactly the software did when it was connected to the internet !

Dirk

Cool

Hi,

So ...if black Box I have my own solution ... working great !!!I blacklist the ATSimulation

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    Hi,

So ...if black Box I have my own solution ... working great !!!I blacklist the ATSimulation
    I agree! There are quite a few people who use PC's that are not connected to the internet for flightsim.

Incredible how some devs are able to shoot themselves in the foot...

Priller

It seems that ATSimulations follow this thread - they changed the Requirements on their website again - now it looks so :

System requirements:

- Internet connection when starting the plane (license key validation)

That clarify why an internet-connection is needed. So please ATSimulations, change this - it is not the right way to secure your software. Like Carenado, it should be sufficient enough to validate the key during the installation. Who give us costomers the security that the lisence key is the only thing that will be checked? And what happend if ATSimulations will be hacked?

Dirk

AT Simulations should review this kind of behaviour.
    Even ChasePlane has abandonned this requierement after few months during the early beta, taking into account reactions from users (the intent was getting info on user experience).
    Hope that they will listen their customers.

Gérard

yesterday evening I asked ATS about transfering user data. The answer came prompt:

Internet connection in very first moment of Broussard loading is needed to check the key validation (now) and check for updates (in future).
    On our opinion, most transparent, most fluent way to do that. And for users as well - no any activation procedures, no fingerprints etc.

For me it sounds ok. So I leave this nice addon on my plate.

Anyway, did another high quality repaint of our second, in Germay flying MH-1251 F-GJJM from EDEW Wallduern airport. Will update it here soon.

Thomas

It seems that ATSimulations follow this thread - they changed the Requirements on their website again - now it looks so :

System requirements:

That clarify why an internet-connection is needed. So please ATSimulations, change this - it is not the right way to secure your software. Like Carenado, it should be sufficient enough to validate the key during the installation. Who give us costomers the security that the lisence key is the only thing that will be checked? And what happend if ATSimulations will be hacked?

Dirk
    what happens if you are on a standalone? for me when i travel with work for lengthy periods and i take my laptop and do paints, with no internet it effectively renders the addon useless

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    yesterday evening I asked ATS about transfering user data. The answer came prompt:

Internet connection in very first moment of Broussard loading is needed to check the key validation (now) and check for updates (in future).
    On our opinion, most transparent, most fluent way to do that. And for users as well - no any activation procedures, no fingerprints etc.

For me it sounds ok. So I leave this nice addon on my plate.

Anyway, did another high quality repaint of our second, in Germay flying MH-1251 F-GJJM from EDEW Wallduern airport. Will update it here soon.

Thomas
    As I mentioned in a prior post, their approach makes me a little uncomfortable.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Broussard is a great product. As Matt mentioned it can be a problem for those that are on a standalone. Even though I am on cable, I can still fly if the cable is down and I have power - except I'd be flying a black box for the Broussard under those conditions.

I'd like to hear more about their plans to "check for updates." I'd like to know what is installed or updated on my computer so I can decide if I need the update or not. Lately, I've felt that some updates are frivolous and a waste of my time because they're aimed more for P3D installs instead of FSXA - but that's just me.

BTW - looking forward to the repaint. Thanks for your efforts.
    -- WH

IMHO:

If you buy an addon, download it and install it, it is yours.

No dev should have the right to hack into your pc to check the license. There is such a thing as privacy, and over here in Europe, we have very well defined laws about that.

It is software you buy, not something like Office365 that you rent.

Priller

What? Its a nice addon. I dont have it yet but with this idea... I dont want it, perhaps.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 0