Help needed with ETO Install

Thread: Help needed with ETO Install

Help needed with ETO Install

Greetings,iv`e installed many ETO Installs without any problem all the way to Rev 5.
    Now installing on a new SSD and Win7 Ultimate i get as far as ETO Rev 2 which works in all Eras,but after installing ETO Rev 4 as per instructions i get a jumbled intro and ,Black screen,it just sits black,the music plays but nothing else.
    I transferred a copy from my 1 TB HD and it works but i have hit the Windows button then the picture comes on,i find this very strange.
    The install is in Program Files (X86), yes i did change the target both Global layer and Masterstart up.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction.

alcanallen.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    A mystery to me. Do you think a file may be corrupted ? Transferring souldn't cause a problem either . Have you got it sorted out yet ? All is in administrator ?Set to Win XP SP2/3 ?

No luck yet

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    A mystery to me. Do you think a file may be corrupted ? Transferring souldn't cause a problem either . Have you got it sorted out yet ? All is in administrator ?Set to Win XP SP2/3 ?
    Hi Scott this remains a mystery,the install is fine up to Rev 2,when i install Rev 4 the problem occurs.everything is as it should be,very frustrating.

John.

Just as a matter of interest, have you tried installing it just in the main C: drive? It seems to work better for win 10 at least. Of course changes needed in the various batch files and the Appdata file has to be deleted and re configured.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

E T O Rev 4

Thanks for the hint mongoose i will have a bash when i get over to the SSD, funny thing my Rev 5 install which i transferred over dose the same but works after hitting the windows button then clicking on the minimised window in the taskbar,very strange.

alcanallen.

Installation in C drive

Morning,well that didn`t work,got the same result,after Rev 2 the sim goes weird and the black screen again,the music plays but nothing else,i removed that pesky update 3086255 but still no joy.
    It must be that Win 7 Ultimate thats the cause.

alcanallen.

if i remember it's something to do with uisel.xml or viewui.xml in appdata/roaming/microsoft/
    try to delete it but backup first that file but i could be wrong too

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Did you ever get your ETO up and running ?

Members who have read this thread: 0