Missing a texture or a file is mixed up?

Thread: Missing a texture or a file is mixed up?

Missing a texture or a file is mixed up?

Hi all,

I downloaded the new Fw-190's and finally got them to work! Now, I've got a strange problem with any MG108 30MM equipped airplane.

I've attached two screenshots to show what I mean. Would anyone know of a possible fix? I've tried everything I can think of!

Thanks,

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CFS3 2018-12-25 23-53-54-93.jpg  
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

For each effect there is a line of parameters that determines how it will look and behave. For the ones that reference a texture dds file they typically end with either BlendMode="QuadSprite" or BlendMode="Add". The problem is that the dds file needs to be made differently to use one ,or the other blend mode. Without knowing about this some new textures have been released by modders over the years that were incompatible with the mode that was being referenced in the effects.xml. Since many different effect lines reuse the same textures it can lead to a new effect/texture update breaking something else inadvertently. Going back and fixing that breaks the new one.

We attempted last year to merge all the different versions of effects.xml, clean all these up, sort the file alphabetically so it could be maintained more easily, and provide unique texture file names where needed to prevent these conflicts. It was a time consuming effort that seems to have be for naught.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Got it fixed! I can't wait to make some new missions with the Fw-190!
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    For each effect there is a line of parameters that determines how it will look and behave. For the ones that reference a texture dds file they typically end with either BlendMode="QuadSprite" or BlendMode="Add". The problem is that the dds file needs to be made differently to use one ,or the other blend mode. Without knowing about this some new textures have been released by modders over the years that were incompatible with the mode that was being referenced in the effects.xml. Since many different effect lines reuse the same textures it can lead to a new effect/texture update breaking something else inadvertently. Going back and fixing that breaks the new one.

We attempted last year to merge all the different versions of effects.xml, clean all these up, sort the file alphabetically so it could be maintained more easily, and provide unique texture file names where needed to prevent these conflicts. It was a time consuming effort that seems to have be for naught.
    I think you did a good job with the combined effects.xml which I now use on all installs. IMHO, the issue must be that the new dds files have not been replaced with ones that work and then re released.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Members who have read this thread: 1