Mirage 2000C
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirage 2000C

Mirage 2000C

Does anyone know how the Metal2Mesh Mirage 2000C performs in P3D/P4D?

Dave

It works very well in P3Dv3 with TacPack.
    It doesn't work in P3Dv4, because it uses one or more DLL gauge in 32 bits. It displays well, but something in the background doesn't work and I don't know what it is exactly.

Thanks.

Dave

I have it in v4 working OK. The Dell that's in use is the sound gauge which can be changed to the 64 bit version if you know how to edit the panel.cfg file.

Quote Originally Posted by chrissykes View Post
    I have it in v4 working OK. The Dell that's in use is the sound gauge which can be changed to the 64 bit version if you know how to edit the panel.cfg file.
    That is great news for a lot of people who miss the M2K on v4, like me. Would you like to share more details of this panel.cfg edit?

I'll be able to when I'm back home and have the chance to go on the pc.
    But IIRC it was a case of copying the x64 version of the dll to the location of the current one. Then change the name of the gauge listed in the panel.cfg to the new one. You need to keep the ini settings as this references the sound files.

I just gave it a try.
    The installer I have is only able to detect up to P3Dv2... so I chose that one, then got an error message about P3Dv2 being not found, but it allowed me to continue and specify my own path... I chose the main P3Dv4 folder of course.

After installation got finished, I went to the panel folder of the plane, and renamed the "Mirage 2000C_sound.dll" file to a temporary name.
    Then I took a copy of Doug Dawson x64 xlm sound and put it in the panel folder of the Mirage, and renamed it "Mirage 2000C_sound.dll".
    That seems to have done the trick, the plane seems to work fine in the sim.
    In VR the cockpit is really beautiful and quite readable. Starting cold&dark in VR was easier than I expected.

The load manager seems to work too, I could add the two external fuel tanks. However, that seemed to have no impact on the weight of the plane. Maybe these tanks were empty ?
    I checked the fuel&payload menu on the sim, but couldn't understand what value I should change.

I just followed the instructions of Daube, but I still have a few problems:

• The loadout manager doesn't work
    • The HUD doesn't work

Priller

I think the weight is controlled by another dll so this might not be working.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post

• The HUD doesn't work

Priller
    Maybe the loadout manager works only if you have TacPack installed. I do, and I can definitely change the loadouts (I need to click on the "set loadout" red button for it to appear, though...)
    The HUD is turned on using the switch which is almost hidden *under* the HUD block. I've seen many people forget about the location of that switch, so I thought perhaps it was the same for you ? The HUD displayed properly on my system.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post

• The HUD doesn't work

Priller
    Loadout manager should work as long as tacpack is installed
    Hud should work as this is not changed...

Thanks Daube and Chris!

This indeed worked. ACM and HUD, as well as radar worked fine with TacPack installed and patched to 4.4 version. A favorite one is back!

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. I had given up on the M2M M2KC working in P3Dv4 and as of reading this thread I have a working version (with sound). With TacPack, I also have HUD and load menu and a radar (haven't used radar or fired missle yet). Great work. (The HUD requires some messing with switches to turn it on.)
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

This is interesting news! I'd written off the M2K when i went to v4. I'm definitely going to have to revisit this.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

So, where do we find the 64-bit sound files?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post

Dave
    You can find it here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...t-sound-gauge/

I had a very nice session with the M2K last evening. All weapons work with Tacpack and it flies like a dream. Another big thanks to all contributors here!

Dave
    I found the sound file on Doug's site - https://www.douglassdawson.ca/ .

The file is recently updated (12/16/18...U.S. date format...lol) and called dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.

The file I replaced was a ".gau" and the replacement file is a ".dll". I don't know how that works, but it did.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Who's a pretty boy, then?

Dave

Did anyone get the external fuel tank capacity to work? Currently for me, when I select the external tanks, they load empty
    (you can see this in the fuel and payload manager, and with the the little yellow lit-up "RL" lights in the vc - lit-up = empty).
    The fuel system, along with the volumes for the external tanks, are described on pages 36 to 38 of the manual.

In FSX, when you select the external tanks, they load fully loaded.

I can manually add the external tank gallon amounts in the aircraft .cfg ( //External Tanks, fourth zero over, reading left to right),
    and the external tanks then show in the fuel manager, but then those external tank amounts and weights load every time with the
    plane, even when I haven't selected any external tanks. So each time I load the plane, I have to go into the fuel manager menu,
    and zero out those external tank volumes I'm not using.

Everything seems to work fine doing it this way, but I'm wondering if someone found a way to make this happen automatically, or
    if maybe I just loaded the plane wrong into P3Dv4.

Thanks - RobM

PS: I'm really grateful for the info to get this plane flying in P3Dv4; this is one of my favourite fighters to fly, jet or piston.

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Did anyone get the external fuel tank capacity to work? Currently for me, when I select the external tanks, they load empty
    (you can see this in the fuel and payload manager, and with the the little yellow lit-up "RL" lights in the vc - lit-up = empty).
    The fuel system, along with the volumes for the external tanks, are described on pages 36 to 38 of the manual.

In FSX, when you select the external tanks, they load fully loaded.

I can manually add the external tank gallon amounts in the aircraft .cfg ( //External Tanks, fourth zero over, reading left to right),
    and the external tanks then show in the fuel manager, but then those external tank amounts and weights load every time with the
    plane, even when I haven't selected any external tanks. So each time I load the plane, I have to go into the fuel manager menu,
    and zero out those external tank volumes I'm not using.

Everything seems to work fine doing it this way, but I'm wondering if someone found a way to make this happen automatically, or
    if maybe I just loaded the plane wrong into P3Dv4.

Thanks - RobM

PS: I'm really grateful for the info to get this plane flying in P3Dv4; this is one of my favourite fighters to fly, jet or piston.
    Are you using TacPack?

Dave

I have Tacpack for 4.4 and I have enjoyed flying it...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dassault Mirage 2000C, 103-LD, 'Birds of Picardie', EC 02 - 012, KVPS.jpg  
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Are you using TacPack?

Dave
    Yes, P3Dv4.4 and Tacpack upgraded to version 1.5.0.5.

However, I have the Mirage in an outboard .xml folder (I like putting planes without proper P3Dv4 installers in outboard folders
    if possible; for me it makes fixing, or deleting if it can't be fixed, easier). I don't know if that makes a difference.

Are your external tanks loading filled? You can check this by looking at the total fuel available in the default payload and fuel manager,
    before and after adding any external fuel tanks, and seeing if there's any change.

Also in the Mirage's vc, once the plane has power, after adding external tanks, just to the right pf the radar screen, is there a row of
    little yellow lights lit up, each light marked with "RL" (the number of lights on will correspond to the number of external tanks loaded)?
    Or are all the lights there off?

As I think I understand from reading the manual, if the external tanks are added and the lights are off, it means they're filled; if the
    lights are on, it means the external tanks are empty.

Thanks for replying and sorry for being so pedantic. I guess it doesn't make that much difference, I'm just glad to have the plane in
    P3Dv4.

- RobM

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Yes, P3Dv4.4 and Tacpack upgraded to version 1.5.0.5.

However, I have the Mirage in an outboard .xml folder (I like putting planes without proper P3Dv4 installers in outboard folders
    if possible; for me it makes fixing, or deleting if it can't be fixed, easier). I don't know if that makes a difference.

Are your external tanks loading filled? You can check this by looking at the total fuel available in the default payload and fuel manager,
    before and after adding any external fuel tanks, and seeing if there's any change.

Also in the Mirage's vc, once the plane has power, after adding external tanks, just to the right pf the radar screen, is there a row of
    little yellow lights lit up, each light marked with "RL" (the number of lights on will correspond to the number of external tanks loaded)?
    Or are all the lights there off?

As I think I understand from reading the manual, if the external tanks are added and the lights are off, it means they're filled; if the
    lights are on, it means the external tanks are empty.

Thanks for replying and sorry for being so pedantic. I guess it doesn't make that much difference, I'm just glad to have the plane in
    P3Dv4.

- RobM
    I also confirm this behavior. Tanks load empty. As you said though, I'm more than happy I can fly it even this way.

IIRC the wing tanks fuel level could be controlled by the other dll file that controls the weight but without looking or testing I can not confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by chrissykes View Post
    IIRC the wing tanks fuel level could be controlled by the other dll file that controls the weight but without looking or testing I can not confirm.
    They're all declared as having zero capacity, so won't show on the 'fuel and payload' screen:

// External Tanks
    LeftTip = 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 // Left External Tank
    External1 = 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 // Centerline External Tank
    RightTip = 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 // Right External Tank

The fourth digit is the tank capacity.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 3