Mirage 2000C - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirage 2000C

Thanks for the reminder on this lovely model and the suggestion on how to make it work,

Over LFMI Le Tube.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Thanks Daube and Chris!

This indeed worked. ACM and HUD, as well as radar worked fine with TacPack installed and patched to 4.4 version. A favorite one is back!
    I've been out of town for the Christmas break but got back home today and had a chance to try this. By golly it does work! I didn't try the ACM, but the HUD and radar are working. I've forgotten how to operate this beast, it's been so long, but it was sure nice to be back in the saddle.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

So. We're all thrilled and wanting some French air bases to fly from.

The good news is that the SkyDesigners French air bases all seem to work in P3Dv4.3 (see earlier screenshots) -- although some of the statics could do with some rework. They don't look too bad if you keep your distance.
    There are some texture issues with taxiways, but they are useable.

I'm waiting for MAIW to produce some French aircraft, so I can populate the air bases with AI traffic. I'm having to make modifications to the AFCADs in some cases, as the bases were poorly finished for AI (orphan parking, etc).
    I won't be able to release the changes, because the air bases are still commercial products (Simmarket).

Dave

Dave, I am aware this is off topic but I want to respond to your comment about AI aircraft: At Military AI Works (MAIW) we are converting FS9 military AI aircraft for FSX/P3Dv4. Several models have been released in 2018. For the French Air Force/Aeronavale, these models are already available in the MAIW download library:

- HTAI C-130 Hercules
    - NBAI Airbus A400
    - NBAI Mirage F1
    - NBAI Rafale
    - NBAI Sepecat Jaguar
    - NBAI Super Etendard

Currently in packaging/quality check, to be released in 2019:
    - PSAI Alpha Jet
    - MKAI Br.1150 Atlantique

Note: MAIW does not have the rights to convert the FMAI Mirage 2000 models created by Fernando Martinez so do not expect those from the MAIW conversion team.

Henk.

Screenshots from P3Dv4:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NBAI-SEM-LFRJ.jpg   NBAI-MF1-1s.jpg   NBAI-JAG-A107s.jpg   NBAI-MF1-CTs.jpg  
    Last edited by hschuit; January 2nd, 2019 at 02:37.

Thanks Henk,

The Mirage F1 gives me enough to be going on with for the present. You haven't mentioned KC-135s or E3As for Avord.
    The Jaguars are very welcome for Coltishall and RAFG.

I'll use what's available -- when/if it becomes available.

Dave

Dave, we are working on the FSX/P3Dv4 MGAI *C-135 family conversion right now and yes, the French AF models will be included. The (Elvis) E-3F is not in the MAIW conversion plans.

Henk.

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Thanks Henk,

The Mirage F1 gives me enough to be going on with for the present. You haven't mentioned KC-135s or E3As for Avord.
    The Jaguars are very welcome for Coltishall and RAFG.

I'll use what's available -- when/if it becomes available.

Dave
    Last edited by hschuit; January 3rd, 2019 at 04:11.

Another source of French military AI is from the Royale French Navy group.

Go to the Scenes page (http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia....ations.htm#Sce) and scroll to the image of the US Navy E-2C. Click the first link in the paragraph.

Here is a description of the package: http://mirage4fs.com/preview34.html

The package was tuned for use with BAN Landivisiau but the aircraft could be used anywhere.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Maybe the loadout manager works only if you have TacPack installed. I do, and I can definitely change the loadouts (I need to click on the "set loadout" red button for it to appear, though...)
    The HUD is turned on using the switch which is almost hidden *under* the HUD block. I've seen many people forget about the location of that switch, so I thought perhaps it was the same for you ? The HUD displayed properly on my system.
    I 've managed to get the model to load fine on P3D4, with the only problem unsolved, being the HUD. I know where's the power switch as I mark in the picture, but it won't work no matter the switch position.
    So my question is... Do I need the tacpack to get the HUD working or is it just for arm selecting, cause I don't care to have the plane armed with fighting effects that tacpack provides.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails InkedM2000 VC_LI.jpg  

Works for me in P3Dv4.5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prepar3D 2019-05-07 19-00-51-43.jpg  

Besides the power switch underneath the HUD, you also need to turn on (switch up) the three switches just above the warning light panel.

-Rob

Just fyi, I found out how to add payloads (missiles, bombs, external tanks), along with the correct weights, without Tacpack, using
    the default Payload and Fuel Manager. But maybe everybody already knows how to do this (I'm sometimes slow on the uptake).

Anyway, I'll print here in case anyone doesn't know. If you look in the plane's Fuel and Payload Manager, you'll see there's a set of
    Stations ST1 to ST5. These require a special two digit code for the relevant payload. There is then a set of corresponding "ballast"
    stations BST1 to BST5 for the relevant weights.

When you first go into the Fuel and Payload Manager, you'll see a bunch of dummy numbers in the ST1 to ST5, like 200, 800, etc.
    You can just make these 0.

The relevant codes and weights are:

Magic II 550: ST1,ST5 12 BST1,BST5 196
    Super 530 D: ST2,ST4 13 BST2,BST4 606

RP541 Fuel: ST2,ST4 20 BST2,BST4 100
    RP522 Fuel: ST3 21 BST3 214

MK82: BL1,BL2,BL3,BL4 14 BRW1,BRW2 1000
    MK82 SE: BL1,BL2,BL3,BL4 15 BRW1,BRW2 1000
    GBU12: ST2,ST4 16 BST2,BST4 500
    LFR4: ST2,ST4 17 BST2,BST4 270
    AS37 ARMAT: ST2,ST4 18 BST2,BST4 1210
    AS39 EXOCET: ST2,ST4 19 BST2,BST4 1480

CANONS: RGUN,LGUN 1 (no corresponding weights)

I copied these from the Fuel and Payload Manager in P3Dv4.4 with Tacpack enabled. Maybe these are printed somewhere in
    the Mirage's Manual, but I didn't see them.I haven't tried mixing and matching different codes and their weights to different
    stations to see what happens.

The Fuel and Payload manager reverts back to default once you close the sim.

I hope this helps.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Besides the power switch underneath the HUD, you also need to turn on (switch up) the three switches just above the warning light panel.

-Rob
    Oh it worked... !!! Thank you sir...

Icon5 PCN/INS issues

Hi all!
    Hadn't really thought about this aircraft at all until I saw some pics of it in P3Dv4.
    Got it working thanks to this thread...more or less anyways.
    I haven't tested too much of the functionality yet, I've had it only 3 days, so I've only flown around and buckled its wings a bit

I do have one issue though, I'm sure it must be my own fault.
    For the life of me, I can't get the INS to align. I follow the procedure in the manual to the letter, but something is not right.
    All the switches and buttons are in the right position (according to the instructions in the manual, that is; PSM/MIP to ALN with the operation selector to N, PCN/INS is pressed and lit), I'm inputting the correct Lat/Long format and locking it in, same with altitude and locking that in (the local altitude does seem to come up on its own in the display, btw, before I input anything), but the VALIDATE button does not light up.
    After that the ALN indicator light just keeps on happily blinking, waaaaaay past the 8 minute mark. When I turn the PSM/MIP operation selector to STS, the display reads "00.00.00 100", and it keeps on like that forever. I also have a N.DEG (Degraded Performance Failure) indicator light showing on the PCN/INS unit, but no clue why; I'm still sitting on the tarmac, parking brakes on, and the aircraft haven't moved. I haven't done anything other than switch on the system.

Any ideas or tips to sort this out?

Members who have read this thread: 3