HMS Bounty - FSX Native
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: HMS Bounty - FSX Native

HMS Bounty - FSX Native

Heavy lifting about done, important things working now, just a matter of cleanup and testing.

For P3Dv4, Rob Barendregt has promised 64-bit code when ready (which is now), so hopefully we will be good to go there.

Likely available after Jan 1, 2019 to allow sufficient testing across platforms.

Fun again in a truly low and slow way.

Was just hanging out with AI on this test; too much fun? What's that mean?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-dec-25-026.jpg   ms-2018-dec-25-020.jpg   ms-2018-dec-25-030.jpg   ms-2018-dec-25-038.jpg   ms-2018-dec-25-042.jpg   ms-2018-dec-25-046.jpg  

ms-2018-dec-25-048.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

That thing is looking GREAT!
    Can't wait for it to come out

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Fully wind-driven ... sail-able :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-dec-25-023.jpg   ms-2018-dec-25-041.jpg   ms-2018-dec-25-049.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Absolutely amazing Milton, you work fast, we were not expecting this for some time.

Very much looking forward to this one.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Absolutely amazing Milton, you work fast, we were not expecting this for some time.

Very much looking forward to this one.
    LOL Yes, well, I have been buried deep in the Lodestar, Avia 56 series, and the Fleet 50K series converting to FSX native, and a FS9 update for the Fleet 50K.

So, with the same work ethic (10-14 hours per day). I jumped into the Bounty and started grinding through the custom xml (850+ lines of code), the many animations and parts with visibility tags and with a few exceptions, it has gone amazingly quickly. Thanks to some of the guys over at FSDeveloper.com for shaking out some cobwebs for me.

With the bulk of the technical stuff done, I can hopefully get through the rest of it and get a beta test out in a week or so.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

For those who have not experienced the FS9 Bounty or used the FSX Port Over that works flawlessly, the manual describing the product and its functions, sail management, and features is attached. A little reading while waiting will help prepare you to fully appreciate the product.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bounty-gallshipdrawing-lg.jpg   deckrearangled.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2012-nov-27-001.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2014-sep-6-010.jpg   Points of Sail.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Looking forward to this. I missed her in P3D 4.
    Thanks
    Sue

Hi Milton,

If you can provide me with a Beta (when you are finished for FSX), I can test it fully in FSX Accel for any strange things.
    After all, I know exactly what to look for ...LoL

I can then also add the replacement IPC gauges (32bit and 64bit) and 64bit XMLsound gauge.
    The only thing I'm curious about if the sailing tweaks works exactly the same in P3Dv4 as in FSX.
    Like we had to apply different tweaks for FS9 and FSX ( especially wrt. roll behavior as a result of induced lateral speed).

Cheers, Rob

Looks great,Milton Can't wait to set off some canon salutes.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Looking forward to this. I missed her in P3D 4.
    Thanks
    Sue
    Thanks Sue; once Rob (see below post) provides the 64-bit code, I think she will be fine in your sim.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Hi Milton,

If you can provide me with a Beta (when you are finished for FSX), I can test it fully in FSX Accel for any strange things.
    After all, I know exactly what to look for ...LoL

I can then also add the replacement IPC gauges (32bit and 64bit) and 64bit XMLsound gauge.
    The only thing I'm curious about if the sailing tweaks works exactly the same in P3Dv4 as in FSX.
    Like we had to apply different tweaks for FS9 and FSX ( especially wrt. roll behavior as a result of induced lateral speed).

Cheers, Rob
    Rob, thank you. I converted the FSX port over version so I have seen no issues wrt wind or lateral speed responses.

I will send you a link shortly.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The Bounty Package is ready to be tested (as soon as I upload it). I would like to have some P3Dv4+ users who are familiar with the package and its performance and wind responses in FSXA or early P3D versions to test for like responses, especially in higher winds, 16, 24, 30+ etc.

Just chime in here if you meet the criteria above and have the interest and time.

I will upload Sunday mid-day likely (UTC -7 time zone) so around UTC 1700

EDIT: Yes, the package will also be available for other sim users who would like to test against their sim and systems. :-) Thank you

Thanks to Rob Barendregt for all the custom programming and P3Dv4 64-bit necessities.
    Thanks to Spokes2112 for helping out with some of the 850+ lines of xml code conversions, and some neat tick18 universal replacement code.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-dec-30-008.jpg   ms-2018-dec-30-007.jpg   ms-2018-dec-30-001.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I would love to but the time you said you would upload is the same time I promised to help SWMBO that I would help clean and take down the XMAS decorations, so I would like to test, but will do so over the next couple of days.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I would love to but the time you said you would upload is the same time I promised to help SWMBO that I would help clean and take down the XMAS decorations, so I would like to test, but will do so over the next couple of days.
    Thanks Blanston12.

I am not looking for immediate testing and results. I hope to release the final product next weekend if no major issues are found. As this is a conversion of a proven product, I do not expect major issues.

Thanks

EDIT: I will be uploading shortly and the package should be available to all who would like to try it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The Bounty package is now available:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d.php?t=113995
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Fantastic Milton!
    Glad you got her all squared away.. Do you have any hair left? hehe
    Thanks for the New Years Gift.

Happy New Year to you sir!
    Roman

Quote Originally Posted by spokes2112 View Post
    Fantastic Milton!
    Glad you got her all squared away.. Do you have any hair left? hehe
    Thanks for the New Years Gift.

Happy New Year to you sir!
    LOL Turned out easier than I thought (after your help) once I got my head on straight. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Heavy lifting about done, important things working now, just a matter of cleanup and testing.

For P3Dv4, Rob Barendregt has promised 64-bit code when ready (which is now), so hopefully we will be good to go there.

Likely available after Jan 1, 2019 to allow sufficient testing across platforms.

Fun again in a truly low and slow way.

Was just hanging out with AI on this test; too much fun? What's that mean?
    Hi Milton,

Thank-you, for this beauty !

Just one question, is there somewhere I can look which describes how to make this or other pilotable FSX ships AI ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi Milton,

Thank-you, for this beauty !

Just one question, is there somewhere I can look which describes how to make this or other pilotable FSX ships AI ?
    You are welcome Sir. Happy that you are enjoying it.

I have an AI version (attached) set up that I've been using for years.
    It has both a static (no sails) and a sails version for routes.
    This is an FSX setup although it uses the FS9 version (no discernable difference for FSX).
    For P3D users, you can substitute the FSX native version I guess, I have no way to test that.

EDIT: I am not an AI person although I set this one up just looking at working examples. So, I cannot answer your question directly, other than look at the SDK.

EDIT 2: Found a model that indicates P3D so attaching it as well. It's just the model folder to replace the existing one in the other attachment.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Bob (that's all the name I have) set up an AI route, (maybe more than one) back when I originally released this for FS9 and FSX as a port over.
    This is the package he posted for me to install.
    It contains the "stuff" to get it working - bgl's etc.
    Maybe you can make sense of it.

One route is between Friday Harbor W33 and W39 on the other side of the island. I see the AI all the time when I test out of Friday Harbor.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Bob (that's all the name I have) set up an AI route, (maybe more than one) back when I originally released this for FS9 and FSX as a port over.
    This is the package he posted for me to install.
    It contains the "stuff" to get it working - bgl's etc.
    Maybe you can make sense of it.

One route is between Friday Harbor W33 and W39 on the other side of the island. I see the AI all the time when I test out of Friday Harbor.
    Thank-you, Milton, for the AI and static models.

I was just looking to see how to 'find' the HMS Bounty (AI and the static version) once installed in the FSX/SimObjects/Boats subfolder.
    I will put in your .bgl file in Scenery/World/Scenery folder as indicated in the 'readme' and hopefully I will see it at the stated times in that location.
    I will try to figure out how to 'place' the static model in a place I visit frequently.
    Larry Robinson over at Orbx has done AI route plans for a while and his posts may help me in deciphering how AI routes are done - it would be nice to do custom route plans, for planes ships etc .
    I am also not an AI expert, but your AI HMS Bounty models were just too nice to pass up and sure would also look terrific in the Tropics (NSTU region), or New England (KACK region), just to mention two.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

The FSX AI ones work fine in P3Dv3. I've redone the textures to make the Bounty into the Black Pearl and use it with AI Carriers. Loads of fun !

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gOfN5in.jpg   nMRHdXq.jpg  

The Black Pearl sure looks nice, @jmbiii !

I just installed my AI version, and all seems to be working fine. Thank-you, Milton, for your help with this one.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    The FSX AI ones work fine in P3Dv3. I've redone the textures to make the Bounty into the Black Pearl and use it with AI Carriers. Loads of fun !

That's an amazing looking Pearl, are the files going to be available for download
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Great idea @jmbiii about using the AI Carriers method for AI ship routes/location planning - I have to follow-up with further research on this program.

Thank-you, for mentioning it here.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Members who have read this thread: 3