HMS Bounty - FSX Native - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HMS Bounty - FSX Native

Quote Originally Posted by iflyfsx214 View Post
    That's an amazing looking Pearl, are the files going to be available for download
    If it's all right with Milton, I will upload the "repaint". No Captain Jack Sparrow tho'.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    If it's all right with Milton, I will upload the "repaint". No Captain Jack Sparrow tho'.

No problem; thank you for the contribution. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Great idea @jmbiii about using the AI Carriers method for AI ship routes/location planning - I have to follow-up with further research on this program.

Thank-you, for mentioning it here.
    Hrm, great idea. This theoretically means that it would be tacpac-destroyable, right? I've never had the urge to strafe a tall ship with a Hornet... before now.

But actually, I just want to learn to sail it and then make a long blue-water crossing using dead reckoning and the rudimentary celestial techniques they had. Maybe do a little "running down the latitude" action.

Yes ! I'd love to have this one added to my collection ! Thank-you.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

The installation of the below attached "BOB AI.zip " causes my P3Dv4.4 to CTD without any warning.
    Most likely the problem is in the traffic file "traffic_HMS_Bounty.bgl"

I used the "AI Flightplanner" to check this file. When trying to open a message comes up:
    "This does not appear to be a valid traffic data file"

Is this probably an old FS9 file?

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Dieter,

I just D/L your zip file and decompiled the HMS Bounty traffic file with aibtc. (An AI boat traffic file can't be read with an aircraft AI compiler.)
    Every thing looks okay to be a boat traffic file with one exception. The 'Boats" text file calls for AC#1,14,"HMS Bounty AI with Sails".
    I believe the title should be AC#1,14,"AI_HMS_Bounty".
    My [fltsim.0] entry for the AI Bounty reads:

[fltsim.0]
    title=AI_HMS_Bounty
    model=sails
    texture=
    ui_manufacturer=Milton Shupe and friends
    ui_type=A true legend

I will compile and post a 'revised' file for you to try.

Joe

EDIT: I just looked at the V2 and there's no AI model.

Thank you so far.
    Posting #19 has an AI model
    AI_HMSBounty.zip

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Quote Originally Posted by kdl View Post
    The installation of the below attached "BOB AI.zip " causes my P3Dv4.4 to CTD without any warning.

I used the "AI Flightplanner" to check this file. When trying to open a message comes up:

Dieter
    I believe it is FSX as that is where I have it running and it has a sim.cfg file contained in it.
    Sorry, I cannot speak to P3D as I do not have it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks, didn't see post #19. Any how I'll update my files and post the Black Pearl paint in a bit - and the Bounty AI file.
    FS 2004 Other
    Milton, do I vaguely remember you were making or made the Bounty's launch ? Found it.
    Last edited by jmbiii; January 7th, 2019 at 10:36.

Thanks, didn't see post #19. Any how I'll update my files and post the Black Pearl paint in a bit - and the Bounty AI file.

Milton, do I vaguely remember you were making or made the Bounty's launch ?
    Sail-able version, yes, FS9 and FSX versions.

FS9 version: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d.php?t=106669
    FSX version: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d.php?t=106668
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by kdl View Post

Dieter
    Dieter,

After downloading the latest Bounty FSX and AI Bounty, I found the 'BOB AI files work fine. Most likely gonna be something with v4.4, jus like Milton said.
    I'm using v3.4. Ran the traffic files and 'rendezvoused' with the AI Bounty off of Rockaway Point.

Okay, re: P3DV4+, I have done some testing with the FSX native model as AI. It works fine in FSX as AI except that I have to set it up for sails or static. I should have it available Wednesday as a replacement of the one I released earlier. This one should work in P3Dv4 as well.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Ok, thanks for all these informations!
    I will wait until Milton publishes his new AI version.

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter

AI HMS Bounty - FSX Native

I have set up a new FSX native AI package for the Bounty.

The set up is the same as before but the models and textures are FSX native.

If you installed the previous AI_HMSBounty package, this will be a direct replacement (assuming you made no changes). Just drop it in your FSX/P3D setup. Save your current package as you wish.

Both the AI (schedule-able) and static (scenery) models have changed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-jan-9-008.jpg   ms-2019-jan-9-009.jpg   ms-2019-jan-9-006.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

AHOY! M'Hearty...

Congratulations on launching the native goodship on her maiden voyage, Milton :-)

This was surely one of the most pleasurable and memorable projects I have had the honour to work with you during its original development.

I still have the original 2048 x 2048 layered Photoshop files should they be of any use to anyone. :-)
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Congratulations on launching the native goodship on her maiden voyage, Milton :-)

This was surely one of the most pleasurable and memorable projects I have had the honour to work with you during its original development.

I still have the original 2048 x 2048 layered Photoshop files should they be of any use to anyone. :-)
    Darn, Nigel, I could have really used them a couple of weeks ago . I'll send you a pm with my email address. I would like to fix a few things on my repaint.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post

Nigel,

I thought sure you uploaded a Paint Kit for the Bounty/Endeavor/Beagle but I cannot find it now.
    Was going to upload my copy and I can't find that either.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

AI Traffic Files for HMS Bounty ?

I found some here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post956703

Thank-you, @familton .
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

Thanks MZee, I'm gonna turn the Pearl loose with these once I edit.

Thanks MZee, I'm gonna turn the Pearl loose with these once I edit.
    I really wish there were more.

I would really love to see her AI version sailing in the NSTU (Pago Pago, American Samoa) region, where I enjoy the low and slow water sports regularly, as shown below (Orbx scenery). In the meantime, I am still trying to decipher how to manually install and use AI Carriers, lol ! I'm not a programmer, although I think I should have taken up the profession well before starting this hobby.

Cheers, MZee ...

I'm at work right now, but will make up a traffic file for a cruise around Orbx's Pago Pago when I get home.

Let me know if the new FSX native package works for you, or not please:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1169928

Also, don't forget you can add the other 5 liveries to this package.

You only need the main_t, the two sailfront/sailrear textures, the unionjack512-256 plus a texture.cfg for each livery.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    I found some here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post956703

Thank-you, @familton .
    Ah, yes, now I recall; that's where BOB AI came from. LOL That's what I have installed. Indeed, job well done.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I'm at work right now, but will make up a traffic file for a cruise around Orbx's Pago Pago when I get home.
    She will feel right at home here ! I often fly amongst the 17 islands in this region and no classic tall ships in sight. Thank-you !
    Cheers, MZee ...

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Nigel,

I thought sure you uploaded a Paint Kit for the Bounty/Endeavor/Beagle but I cannot find it now.
    Was going to upload my copy and I can't find that either.
    Found Nigel's HMS Bounty Paint Kit:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=75678&sort=d
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 3