HMS Bounty - FSX Native - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: HMS Bounty - FSX Native

Is anyone else using the beauty in P3Dv4? If so how are your frame rates? How about at 4x time compression?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Is anyone else using the beauty in P3Dv4? If so how are your frame rates? How about at 4x time compression?
    Joe,

Just wanted to double check with you on two things:

1) did you follow the special instructions for P3DV4 users and copy the panel.cfg over?:

ATTENTION P3DV4+ Users:

Copy the panel.cfg from the "P3DV4 Users" folder to the "Panel" folder to activate the 64-bit code.
    You may wish to rename the original before saving.

2) The 64-bit gauge requires the VS2015 Redistributable to be installed on the user PC .. See comment in the panel.cfg.

Did you read the comments in the panel.cfg?

// Dec. 30 2018:
    // Added AVM32/64 bit gauges and XMLSound64 gauge for P3Dv4
    // IMPORTANT: the AVM32/64 bit gauges requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable !!
    // Since the interface gauge (named AVM**.dll) between my XML gauge-code and FSX' SimConnect, is built with
    // Visual Studio 2015, it REQUIRES the presence of the library "Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" on your PC.
    // Without this software library installed, the flightmodel WILL NOT work.
    // You can check this in Windows, under "Installed Programs". It should contain the entries:
    // - Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86)
    // and
    // - Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64).
    //
    // If not installed yet, you can download it here:
    //
    // https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48145
    //
    // Works for WindowsXP-SP3 upto Windows10.
    // It's best to install both the .x86 and .x64 versions.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners My Uploads on SOH

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Joe,

Just wanted to double check with you on two things:

1) did you follow the special instructions for P3DV4 users and copy the panel.cfg over?: ...
    Hi Milton, thanks yes I did do that. I double checked I had the 2015 redistributes installed and I copied the new p3d panel into place. It works well at normal speed, as far as I can tell everything is working as it should, its just when I turn up time compression that things slow to a crawl. I have been beginning to suspect something is wrong with my setup and it may be time to rebuild it from scratch (too many addon's possibly), so I was asking if anyone else using V4 was having the same experience.

With most craft it would be fine, but at 7-10 kn my lack of patience gets the better of me.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 0