Multi Monitor setup with X-Plane 11.30

Thread: Multi Monitor setup with X-Plane 11.30

Multi Monitor setup with X-Plane 11.30

I have a multi monitor setup, where 3 monitores are positioned to create the outside or cockpit view, and the fourth is for add-on's, like smartCARS, GoFlight Utility and also for gauges.

Unfortunately, I have never been able to get them to work the way I wanted. About a year ago I spent several days and hours trying to get it to work. I ended up reverting back to a single screen setup.

Until this morning!!!!!

I had the morning to myself, and just wanted to give it another try.

Looking at the graphics settings, there are now options that are not available in the older version of X-Plane (11.25).

In an hour I had the left and right monitors set up the way I wanted, and it looks great. The outside view, as well as the cockpit view, now look the way i have them set up in P3D.....or maybe even better!?

I already made a circuit flight in the Zibo 737, and it looks amazing.

Outside frame rate is still +30, but cockpit view is in the upper 20's. A new graphics card that is coming soon should improve that.

Not being able to use all three monitors has been one of biggest set back's. but now that that is resolved, I can finally enjoy X-Plane in my home built cockpit the way I intended it to work.

I've got the rest of my Christmas vacation still ahead of me, and a lot of flight time planned.....YAHOO!!
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Blog Entries
    The one thing that used to bug me to death about FSX are the blurry lines that appear when this little 2GB of Vram on my old home system runs into a wall, well it doesn't happen in XP-10 and on the new systems I build X-Plane 11 is sharp, clear and fast.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

It worked okay for me in FSX as well as P3Dv4. Even though I used a patch to make FSX use 3 GB of ram.

X-Plane 11 will certainly benefit from a more "up-to-date" graphics card. Currently I am using a GTX770. I am looking at geting a RTX 2080.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 0