Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from GAS - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from GAS

This is fun. Look out, Cary Grant.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

DEMO Patch 2.0

Here is the patch for version 2.0 If you are downloading the aircraft after 2:30 pm EST today you will not require it. This patch corrects texture issues identified in YoYo's post #125 on page 5. It also updates the tool tip for the spray activation and adds a "Clear Prop!" call out to the engine start sequence (courtesy of YoYo) If you don't want that delete SND20 in the Stearman folder found in the main sound folder.

NOTAM - Aircraft fuel system - It reflects the FAA approved real world solution to high fuel consumption with the 450 Pratt This is referenced in the aircraft reference document that may be accessed in the a/c knee board. Please review so you can be assured that there is nothing wrong with your model and you are aware if you run the fuel level to zero indicated.

Except for aircraft certified under the Restricted category as crop dusters or sprayers prior to October 11, 1950, the maximum takeoff and landing weights are 3,200 pounds.

Because aircraft modified under these standards did not come from the Boeing/Stearman factory, there is no factory published performance data. The performance data listed below was determined by actual flight testing done in this or a similarly modified airplane.

Because the Pratt & Whitney engine can burn significantly more fuel per hour than the stock Continental, Lycoming, and Jacobs engines, some customers had requested that to add an auxiliary fuel tank when the conversions were being done. There is no provision in the airplane's Type Certificate Data Sheet for an additional auxiliary fuel tank, the solution was to secure a "field approval" from the local FAA FSDO to install a 20 gallon "header" tank. This is reflected in the model you have.

Please understand that a header tank is not an auxiliary tank per se. It is a tank plumbed in line between the airplane's main fuel tank and the carburetor, usually intended to maintain "head" pressure to the carburetor. For this reason, it is important for the operator to remember these three important points.

1) There is no separate position for the header tank on the airplane's fuel selector valve. When the fuel selector is in the ON position, fuel flows from the main tank through the header tank until the main tank is empty, after which the engine burns the fuel in the header tank.

2) There is no way to fill the header tank directly. When fuel is loaded into the main tank, it flows through the main tank into the header tank until the header tank is full, after which the fuel fills the main tank.

3) There is no fuel quantity gauge for the header tank. The FAA was very specific on this point; adding a fuel gauge would void the approval for the installation. The only fuel gauge in the airplane measures the quantity in the main fuel tank. When the fuel gauge reads EMPTY, the only fuel remaining is the fuel in the header tank. Depending upon how much power you are pulling, this should give you enough fuel to fly for approximately 1:00 to 1:15 before all fuel is exhausted and the engine quits.

here is the link

http://goldenagesimulations.com/GAS/...V2.0_Patch.zip

The model will be uploaded to the SOH file library by weeks end.

Happy New Year all!

Here is the updated version DEMO 2.0 link for the full model

http://goldenagesimulations.com/GAS/...DEMO_V_2.0.zip
    Last edited by Spad54; December 31st, 2018 at 13:47.

Looking good Spad54! Computer build complete... loving it! Now downloading FSXSE... 4 days... real crappy internet speeds on my end.
    Anyways Happy New Years Team Gas!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post

NOTAM - Aircraft fuel system - It reflects the FAA approved real world solution ...
    Thx Paul for thorough explanations about fuel system!

btw.
    For users of Accu Feel (P3Dv4.4 also) - don't forget tick in settings Open Cockpit. It adds more immersions for this bird .

Happy New Year!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Manual Installation

I just noticed this fine aircraft has an autoinstaller.

As I like to keep track of what is installed where in my FSX, I have always been more comfortable doing a manual install route for most aircraft (esp. beta test etc.), where possible.

Does anyone know how to go about installing this ac manually ? I remember reading somewhere a long time ago about setting up a fake FSX folder and pointing the autoinstaller to it, then just manually moving the files to the real FSX folder, but cannot remember the details of how to do this ?

Cheers,
    MZ.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    I just noticed this fine aircraft has an autoinstaller.

As I like to keep track of what is installed where in my FSX, I have always been more comfortable doing a manual install route for most aircraft (esp. beta test etc.), where possible.

Does anyone know how to go about installing this ac manually ? I remember reading somewhere a long time ago about setting up a fake FSX folder and pointing the autoinstaller to it, then just manually moving the files to the real FSX folder, but cannot remember the details of how to do this ?

Cheers,
    MZ.
    Okay create a folder on your desktop or any other safe place you wish. Note the file location. Start the installer select FSX and when prompted direct the installer to your safe place. When satisfied run the installer. After that it up to you to place all the parts in the right place and you own the outcome. Don’t come. back to us for errors. You do it you own it.

hey YoYo - thanks for the accu feel reminder -

it is a fun way to adjust various aspects of each model to one's own taste - no more no less

sorry if my post was found instead to insinuate criticism - there was no such intention
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

This thred ends

I think all questions have been answered and concerns addressed. Can an admin lock this thread an let it drift. I’ll advise when the model
    is uploaded to the SOH file library. NOTAM it is as it is support is nomger avaliable for this release

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    hey YoYo - thanks for the accu feel reminder -

you might want to bump up your 'wind volume' and 'prop/turbine volume' near max too - pilot is sitting 'outside' after all..

also 'drag rumble' from having all those struts and wires in the wind...

Then look at 'brake squeal' and 'tire screech' - pilot is placed almost directly over the main wheels - I bumped up the screech a bit more than 'brake squeal' but both should be higher than 50%

Lastly top right 'Master Volume' is maxed out for these biplanes on my end but of course everyone is different. Give it a try though..even with a helmet on most of the ruckus gets through to the pilot's ears
    Really guys?!!! fussing over tire screech? My GAWD!!!! enough. I'm done good night

shut the post down

Any admin in range lock this post please. Its over and out of hand. Thanks

Paul before this is locked I just want to say thank you again for such a nice aircraft, a real treat for the FS community
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Before this thread closes I wanted to thank GAS for the great Stearman DEMO. And thanks to YoYo for the paint. It's really great. No complaints on this end.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

SOH-CM-2020
    Like wise , I'd like to add my hearty thanks for a fine aircraft

Boeings Rule and having a pilot with a white bone dome , I feel right at home

The enclosed pic is of me flying our Stearman on one of the many scenic flights I do.

Pete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ZK-XAF Boeing PT-13D Kaydet Tauranga Jan4 2011 10283_1294885460.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    Like wise , I'd like to add my hearty thanks for a fine aircraft

Boeings Rule and having a pilot with a white bone dome , I feel right at home

The enclosed pic is of me flying our Stearman on one of the many scenic flights I do.

Pete.
    I feel like I owe and apology for the "testy" response to a few posts. I offer no excuse other than it was at the end of a long day and I probably should have waited before responding at all. Thanks gain for all your kind words and the overall participation in the project. The model is now on the SOH file library and the link posted in a dedicated thread and contains all the updates and is complete. The links in thread are being taken down. If you like this just wait for the full project release. Have fun take care.
    Last edited by Spad54; January 2nd, 2019 at 07:19.

Just a heads up, guys: if you ever hear pronounced tire screech in a real Stearman, you done messed up bad, and the next thing you hear will be the string of curses flowing from your own mouth as you come to rest in the ditch. You simply can't fly the real airplane in a way that generates screeching tires.

As always, adjust your own sim to your own liking, though.

yeah - I just want to hear a chirp to go with the bump of touching down on asphalt or concrete...Accu-Feel gives me the ability to make that happen.
    The old Cherokee I have flown in always had a clear chirping of the mains as they went from dead still on touchdown to the 70mph or so landing speed.

I don't set the thing to hear the sound of a Challenger doing donuts in the stadium parking lot..FWIW
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    I feel like I owe and apology for the "testy" response to a few posts. I offer no excuse other than it was at the end of a long day and I probably should have waited before responding at all. Thanks gain for all your kind words and the overall participation in the project. The model is now on the SOH file library and the link posted in a dedicated thread and contains all the updates and is complete. The links in thread are being taken down. If you like this just wait for the full project release. Have fun take care.
    That's ok and much appreciate all that you are doing with this project. It fits my style of flying and better than I expected. Also thanks for taken in consideration of hearing our expressed wishes!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Members who have read this thread: 2