FS9 joystick recognition issue - I think

Thread: FS9 joystick recognition issue - I think

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

FS9 joystick recognition issue - I think

Is there a reason why FS9 will read only some input from a joystick, and not others?

I'm having an issue with FS9 not recognizing hat switch and throttle input from my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, although I can brake the airplane with the assigned switch (trigger), plus I can make control surface inputs, turn, climb, and dive. No other assigned buttons seem to be recognized by the sim. I checked the Assignments section and all keys/buttons are still listed there as I input them last. I've run the FS_Registry repair tool to ensure the .exe file is being read properly; also I cycled through alt-K, which in FS9 turns the joystick on and off. I'm beginning to get stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Is there a reason why FS9 will read only some input from a joystick, and not others?

I'm having an issue with FS9 not recognizing hat switch and throttle input from my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, although I can brake the airplane with the assigned switch (trigger), plus I can make control surface inputs, turn, climb, and dive. No other assigned buttons seem to be recognized by the sim. I checked the Assignments section and all keys/buttons are still listed there as I input them last. I've run the FS_Registry repair tool to ensure the .exe file is being read properly; also I cycled through alt-K, which in FS9 turns the joystick on and off. I'm beginning to get stumped.
    Sounds like a driver issue. Try installing latest driver from the makers site rather than generic windows driver.

https://support.logitech.com/en_gb/c...gaming#4main-a

Ttfn

Pete

Have you tried to re-calibrate your joystick? At least you can see whether all axis are recognised.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 1