Arromanches

Thread: Arromanches

Arromanches

Chaps,

Has anyone on this forum got the Arromanches showing up in AiCarriers and in FSX.
    I can't get it to work!

Cees

When I used FSX it worked fine and I also have it working in P3D at the moment.

Let me know if you need some help

Randy

SOH-CM-2023
    Same problem with me. Installed version 1.1. plus patch 03, checked all the entries, but the carrier does not show up

???????

Quote Originally Posted by nschley View Post
    Same problem with me. Installed version 1.1. plus patch 03, checked all the entries, but the carrier does not show up

???????
    Yes, that's the same here!

Cees

Is it a freeware?
    If so, and you post the zipfile name or a link, so I can download it and check it out?

Or even just the AICarriers .cfg file you're trying to use. I can, maybe, see if there's something amiss with it, or how y'all are installing it.

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Pat,

The site that provides the link: http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/RFN-Navires.htm
    This is the site: http://joel.maillot.free.fr/RFN/index.html

It's freeware.

Everything is there.

Cees

Hi Cees!

I think I may have found the problem. Maybe. No promises.
    IF you get a green line at the top of the screen when you try to place the carriers with AICarriers, that says Sim Model Creation Failure (or something like that), the problem may be this:

In the AICarriers config file entry for this boat:
    Code:
    [formation.XX]
    title=Arromanches 1954 TAC 120 X (117.30)
    unit.0=R95_1954,0, 0,
    unit.1=R95_1954_Part_02,0, 0,
    unit.2=R95_1954_Part_03,0, 0,
    Notice the location parameters, unit.1=R95_1954_Part_02,0, 0, the numbers in red in this example, are all the same for all three unit.X entries.
    You're telling AICarriers to place all three units in the same place, which it's got a problem with. You need to either comment out 2 of the carriers, OR change the location parameters, so that they're well separated. Beyond the ship's physical dimensions. Maybe something like this:
    Code:
    [formation.XX]
    unit.0=R95_1954,0, 0,
    unit.1=R95_1954_Part_02,500, 500,
    unit.2=R95_1954_Part_03,-500, -500,
    They may be separated too far for you with those location parameters, but they should separate them enough to get them to display. If you want, I can maybe make up a nice little .cfg entry for the three different carriers, with FSX default boats to make up a couple of Task Forces. Large or small, it's up to you. Same for how far spread out you want them.

But first, give that .cfg entry a try, and see if they show up. Don't forget that the [formation.XX] portion MUST be the next number in whichever .cfg you put it in. Like if the one before it is [formation.12], the new one MUST be [formation.13], you see?

A small side note, if I may: It's best NOT to add entry after entry to the Aicarriers.cfg file. It's best to make a new .cfg file in the Conf.d folder for a particular sort of boat or task forces you want to add. Also, it's best to only have ONE, maybe two, .cfg files in the conf.d folder at a time. Keep all the others you may have in a separate folder. I keep mine in Conf.d\BAXX.
    You may ask why. It's because if you have too many entries in the AICarriers.cfg file, or .cfg files piled up in the conf.d folder, the menu in the sim, the SHFT+J menu, rapidly becomes so long as to be nearly unusable. If you separate things out into different .cfg files and only load one or two when you start AIC, the menu will remain short enough that you can find what you want quickly and easily, rather than having to hunt through 10 or 20 pages of menu to find the ship or formation you desire.
    Also, should you desire to change the .cfg file(s) you want to use, just shut down AICarriers, change files you want to use in and out of the conf.d folder, the start it back up again. It's actually a quick, easy method to have a ton of ship, formations, helicopter hoistable objects etc, without having to big a menu to look through.

Sorry if I ramble on too long.
    I hope all my babbling is some small help...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Hi Pat,

Thank you for trying! Did you get it working? If I remember correctly the model consisted of three parts, put on the same location. So placing these apart will give an unwanted result.

Cees

SOH-CM-2023
    Hi all,

I took a closer look again to my AIcarrier entries and noticed the following.
    With the original entry ...

[formation.0]
    unit.0=R95_1954,0, 0,

... Arromanches doew not even show up in the AIcarrier menu.
    It appears only in the menu if I add another ship e.g. like this

[formation.0]
    unit.0=R95_1954,0, 0,
    unit.3=ai_destroyer Surcouf, 900, -900

If I choose this formation, although the entry now shows up in the AIcarrier menu, Arromanches resists to appear in contrast to the second ship (Surcuf in the example).

Norbert

Cees, I tried to get Arromanches to show up in both FSX and FSX-SE, with no success. In FSX it was listed in the AICarriers selection menu but never appeared when I selected it. In FSX-SE it didn't even show in the selection menu. I put it into the AI Carriers folder as a formation selection in the aicarriers.cfg file and then with its own .cfg file in the conf.d folder per Pat's suggestion... no luck either way. It's a nice carrier, too.

A mistery! I tried everything I could come up with: stil no cigar!

Alas!

Cees

Blog Entries
    My previous version works in FSXA.

Maybe the new version was compiled strictly for P3Dv4. I’m not at my pc now to try a check in MCX but might be worth a try.

The download is for FSX acceleration!

Cees

Just a quick note, I downloaded and installed the Arromanches v1.1, and patch 3. I'm using FSX:SE, and AICarriers.NET.

First, I tried it without the Patch, and no-go. Then with the patch, again, no luck.

And by all that, I mean I can't get it to show up in the AICarriers.NET menu. I've tried everything I can think of, so far.

I will keep working on it, though. I WILL get this to work properly. I will, I will!
    Ok, tantrum over...

I'll keep working on it. Obviously, a bad time to have a trouble with FSX. Family comes first, after all.
    I'll post further updates as I can, I promise

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

OK, I think I've killed this dragon...
    When you update the V1.1 ship with patch 03 and put in the new .mdl folder you lose the model.cfg file from the original folder. I retrieved the original .mdl folder from the recycle bin and restored it to the Arromanches folder after renaming the patch 03 .mdl folder something random. Bingo! Got the ship steaming off San Diego and bagged a couple traps with Paul Clawson's BT-1.
    Went back and put in the "new" (patch 03) .mdl file, ship still works fine. Conclusion: Check your model folder and put in the model.cfg file from the original ship install if it's missing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arromanches_Trap.jpg  

Jerry,

There are three mdl.cfg's in my install. Which one do you mean?

Cees

SOH-CM-2023
    Hi Cees,

the patch03 only refers to model.R95_1954.

But anyway, I originally copied only the mdl file from the patch keeping the original cfg file and it did not work.

Norbert

I got mine to work with this entry:

[formation.xx]
    title=Arromanches1954 TAC 20Y
    unit.0=R95_1954,0, 0
    unit.1=R95_1954_Part_02,0, 0
    unit.2=R95_1954_Part_03,0, 0
    unit.3=ai_destroyerSurcouf, -500, -2000

Beats me! But I got it working! Thanks all for your help!

Cees

SOH-CM-2023
    Indeed, it works! Great!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of you!

Norbert

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Jerry,
    There are three mdl.cfg's in my install. Which one do you mean?

Cees
    Cees, it was the model.R95_1954 folder I was referring to... but since you're seeing the carrier now apparently all is well.
    Still, you shouldn't have to include Surcouf as part of the formation to get Arromanches to show up. Slash out Surcouf from the formation entry one time and see if the carrier still appears.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family, and also to Norbert and Pat who took the time to respond.

SOH-CM-2023

Angry

I was struck by blindness: It were the commata, stupid!

OCH!!!
    I missed that completely. Drop the trailing commas from each entry. DUH!

I apologize to all. Apparently I was looking at it through my left eye. The blind one

Well, anywho, enjoy all, and very Merry Christmas and my hopes for a happy New Year!

Pat☺
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenHunter_2883 Dec. 24 13.45_A.jpg  
    Last edited by PhantomTweak; December 24th, 2018 at 12:56.
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

SOH-CM-2023
    Hi all and a happy new year!

I used some spare time to play around a little bit with this nice carrier ...
    Unfortunately it's not the right "model" as Arromanches got a 4° angle deck in 1958 which also meant some constructive changes.

Norbert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arromanches.jpg  

Love this model just a pity the static aircraft can't be removed as it would lend itself to some nice RN repaints The Static dragonfly is okay as the RN Had those but not the SBDs. Still great fun.

Members who have read this thread: 0