Boxcar SP V2 and Phoenix release
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Boxcar SP V2 and Phoenix release

  1. #1

    Boxcar SP V2 and Phoenix release

    The SPV2 for the Fairchild C-119 "The flying Boxcar" is ready. Improvements include fuel economy adjustments, the addition of an OAT gauge and other smaller adjustments.

    To mark this release, we are also releasing the "Phoenix" , from the movie "Flight of the Phoenix". This comes with a full complement of animated survivors and three starting cartridges - do not waste them...she's a bit of a handful but then what do you expect from a model aircraft designer...

    The "Phoenix" is a free Christmas gift to all current and future owners and comes with our best wishes for a great Christmas and New Year.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    The SPV2 for the Fairchild C-119 "The flying Boxcar" is ready. Improvements include fuel economy adjustments, the addition of an OAT gauge and other smaller adjustments.

    To mark this release, we are also releasing the "Phoenix" , from the movie "Flight of the Phoenix". This comes with a full complement of animated survivors and three starting cartridges - do not waste them...she's a bit of a handful but then what do you expect from a model aircraft designer...
    Na,na, Mr.Towns.... Basically the principals are the same. Model aeroplanes have been flying succesfully for over 50 years before the Wright brothers ever got off the ground.

    In 1851 Henson and Stringfellow build a rubberpowerd model that flew 600 meters before encountering an obstruction. Aerofoil surfaces, lift and drag coefficients, weight and pressure quotations and the whole pack of modern aviation calculations originated from right there!

    The "Phoenix" is a free Christmas gift to all current and future owners and comes with our best wishes for a great Christmas and New Year.
    Fantastic Baz ! Can't wait to put the second last cartridge into that shotgun starter to clear the cylinders ! A most wonderful gift! Thanks so much !
    An a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you and yours too!

    cheers,
    jan

  3. #3
    Thank you very much sir! Will download as soon as I get home tonight

    Nice Christmas present!!

  4. #4
    My favorite movie of all time. Thanks Baz!

  5. #5
    Fabulous Baz thank you..
    I love the animated passengers.
    It flies beautifuuly as well and with no brakes a zigzag after landing is required.

    Cheers and a very happy Christmas to you.
    Chris

  6. #6
    Thanks Baz! The Phoenix is a delight!!

    cheers,
    steve

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Fabulous Baz thank you..
    I love the animated passengers.
    It flies beautifuuly as well and with no brakes a zigzag after landing is required.
    Errrrmm....., reading this i must be correct in thinking that the Phoenix model is available already, right ??.....

    So where exactly might we find the Xmas tree for us Europeans to collect our gift ? .. Nothing about it at the AH site. (bought my Boxcar from JF..)

    Any hints ?....

  8. #8
    Hi Jan.

    Yes it is.I bought the Boxcar from Just Flight and they have it available to download complete with version 1.2 of the Boxcar which is updated to accomodate the Phoenix.

    Is there any news on the Sperry for the Dak.

    Happy Christmas to you and thanks for all your super aircraft.

    Cheers Chris

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Hi Jan.

    Yes it is.I bought the Boxcar from Just Flight and they have it available to download complete with version 1.2 of the Boxcar which is updated to accomodate the Phoenix.

    Is there any news on the Sperry for the Dak.

    Happy Christmas to you and thanks for all your super aircraft.

    Cheers Chris
    Thanks Chris!

    Yes, i was a bit too eager, should've looked at my mailbox first, sorry... Got the JF mail with the link !

    No news on the Sperry yet i'm afraid, working on it but on the external model as well (plus N3N) so it'll take a while still.

    Thanks again and a Merry Xmas to you too!

    Alright Mr. Dorfmann!! Start pulling!!

  10. #10
    Just for a giggle, try loading the three cartridges all at once...

  11. #11
    SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woy Woy, NSW, Australia Zulu +11 AEDST
    Age
    72
    Posts
    3,264
    ​Starting to let your Aussie sense of humour show through there Bazz.


    Cheers
    Pat


    "Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

  12. #12
    I purchased it right from the AH website and so I checked my DL links, I see 1.2 and Phoenix, but no explicit 2.0 version on Sellfy.
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post
    I purchased it right from the AH website and so I checked my DL links, I see 1.2 and Phoenix, but no explicit 2.0 version on Sellfy.
    Yes baz should have labelled the thread v1.2.

    A full point version would be a remake. EG P3d v4.4 is an update to 4.3 where as V5.0 will not be an update to 4.4 but a separate version.

    The email sent out is correctly labelled, so the only issue is that baz didnt label this thread correctly.

    Seriously what would Jimmy say?


  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    ​Starting to let your Aussie sense of humour show through there Bazz.
    hey baz you bonza ocker bewdy mate "can you get the kingswood out so I can get to the torana" drongo! You arent supposed to tell people about the easter eggs. Strewth.

    They're for the "content tourists".

  15. #15

  16. #16

    Thanks Baz and Merry Christmas to all at A.H. and S.O.H.

    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    The SPV2 for the Fairchild C-119 "The flying Boxcar" is ready. Improvements include fuel economy adjustments, the addition of an OAT gauge and other smaller adjustments.

    To mark this release, we are also releasing the "Phoenix" , from the movie "Flight of the Phoenix". This comes with a full complement of animated survivors and three starting cartridges - do not waste them...she's a bit of a handful but then what do you expect from a model aircraft designer...

    The "Phoenix" is a free Christmas gift to all current and future owners and comes with our best wishes for a great Christmas and New Year.
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    doh!!
    Thanks Baz for great aircraft! I always look forward to A.H. products.

    (P.S.) Nice Guitar-I have a Guild F412 12 string, and a lovely old 1964 hand-made Yairi 6 string classical, both of which I play, badly, though after 40 odd years, my wife has admitted I am showing some minor signs of improvement.

  17. #17
    improvements eh? in the guitar playing or just generally... The guitar is the latestt one I've made. I call it the Frankenhofner as I put it together from a spare ex-factory Hofner neck and headstock married to a venetian-cut body in the Gibson style. I wanted something over the top so I put in the inlays and a dash of white pearl. The lace painted body is an old hot-rod painting technique. A 12-string is next on my list - I used to love the Rickenbacker sound Roger McGuinn and the Byrds used to put out all those years ago...

  18. #18
    The rickenbacker 12 string is 8 miles high!

  19. #19
    Pricewise, I would agree. Even a broken down old stager costs an arm and two legs these days.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Just for a giggle, try loading the three cartridges all at once...
    Jimmy would not approve!! (Although a sound clip of the guy who designed the Phoenix yelling "I forbid it!" would probably have been more appropriate!) That is a nice touch, kinda like SSW using Inner Circle's "Bad Boys" if you try to use ctrl-E to start their planes. (So far this is sadly missing in the F.91 Gina.) The manual was good for a few laughs! "Congratulations.....Or not. If it's the latter, try again!" The plane flies pretty much like you would expect it would. Easy to stall in a turn, but I found with full flaps you can come in pretty steep over the threshold and it doesn't gain any speed, much like a Caribou. Thanks for throwing this together for us Bazz!

  21. #21

    Beautiful Work Bazz

    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    improvements eh? in the guitar playing or just generally... The guitar is the latestt one I've made. I call it the Frankenhofner as I put it together from a spare ex-factory Hofner neck and headstock married to a venetian-cut body in the Gibson style. I wanted something over the top so I put in the inlays and a dash of white pearl. The lace painted body is an old hot-rod painting technique. A 12-string is next on my list - I used to love the Rickenbacker sound Roger McGuinn and the Byrds used to put out all those years ago...
    Struth Bazz! I didn,t realize you made the guitar yourself. Beautiful, beautiful work! Re minor improvements-in playing technique only, everything else has been on a slow downward slide since about age 55, Ah! Memories! Anyhow, back to more important realistic and obtainable things, Flight Simulation etc.

  22. #22
    SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woy Woy, NSW, Australia Zulu +11 AEDST
    Age
    72
    Posts
    3,264
    I have downloaded the update but when I unzip it the file is named as V1_2.zip. Have I done something wrong?


    Cheers
    Pat


    "Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

  23. #23
    No Pat, the correct download is indeed V1.2 My fault for calling it V2.

  24. #24
    Downloaded v1.2 for FSX. No Phonenix to be found. How is it listed in the config, or mfg?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Downloaded v1.2 for FSX. No Phonenix to be found. How is it listed in the config, or mfg?
    If you bought it from justflight then you probably didnt get it ( it is a separate installer as it is an optional addon ) as it appears they havent put the file into your download area. Rest assured this isnt a time limited extra it will be put in there eventually by the store fellows. I believe some boys on the p3d forum have put in a support request to JF.

    For everyone else who purchased from the other stores or our store the phoenix can be found under under fairchild in the mfg and the ui manufacturer is aeroplaneheaven. The variant is called film.

    Happy Christmas

Members who have read this thread: 290

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •