AH "the Flying Boxcar" Service Pack V2 available

Thread: AH "the Flying Boxcar" Service Pack V2 available

AH "the Flying Boxcar" Service Pack V2 available

The SPV2 for the Fairchild C-119 is ready. Among the fixes and improvements, we include A2A's excellent rain effects on the cockpit glazing.

Also, to mark the release we are including the "Phoenix" from the movie "Flight of the Phoenix". This comes with a cartridge starter and three cartridges...do not waste them. The "Phoenix" is a free fun gidt to all current and future owners with our compliments.

Cheers, Baz! And thank you for that great gift!

Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Great news, I had been holding off purchasing as I had already spent too much this season on all the sales, but now I have to.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I have downloaded and installed the update from JF but I cannot find the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by simondix View Post
    I have downloaded and installed the update from JF but I cannot find the Phoenix
    Should be a separate download on the same ticket. (At least, that's the way it is for the A.H. direct purchase downloads.)
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I got 1.2 from JustFlight last night. The Phoenix is not in the main install and I don't see any other 'separate' download.

They do have three download links which i figured out by clicking on it is for FSX, P3D 32bit and P3D 64bit.
    Last edited by blanston12; December 20th, 2018 at 14:20.
    Joe Cusick

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded from JF at lunchtime today and certainly no separate installer. Yes I believe the three installers are for the particular versions of sim.

Has anyone contacted justflight support yet?

All 6 files were uploaded to the same area at the same time for every vendor.
    A note on what the phoenix is ( and how it should be a free extra to current and future owners ) and a little help file for the people who wont read the manual about the caveat that you must also have the boxcar installed when running the phoenix.

What you should see is:
    3 boxcar files ( p3d v32 , p3d v64 and FSX )
    3 phoenix files ( FSX, P3d and P3d PBR - since the phoenix requires the boxcar the requirements for 64 bit are gone but there are difference for the new PBR method of rendering ).

Sounds like the boys at JF may have missed the phoenix. A nicely worded support email, ( I run the help desk at AH and believe me a polite request gets answered quicker ! ) to the boys at JF should sort it out.

Of more importance... is the boxcar download a version 1.2 install or a version 1.1. It should be 1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    Has anyone contacted justflight support yet?

All 6 files were uploaded to the same area at the same time for every vendor.
    A note on what the phoenix is ( and how it should be a free extra to current and future owners ) and a little help file for the people who wont read the manual about the caveat that you must also have the boxcar installed when running the phoenix.

What you should see is:
    3 boxcar files ( p3d v32 , p3d v64 and FSX )
    3 phoenix files ( FSX, P3d and P3d PBR - since the phoenix requires the boxcar the requirements for 64 bit are gone but there are difference for the new PBR method of rendering ).

Sounds like the boys at JF may have missed the phoenix. A nicely worded support email, ( I run the help desk at AH and believe me a polite request gets answered quicker ! ) to the boys at JF should sort it out.

Of more importance... is the boxcar download a version 1.2 install or a version 1.1. It should be 1.2.
    Downloading now from JF.... The current file is v1.2. However, there is no "3 phoenix files ( FSX, P3d and P3d PBR" files present and or listed!?!?

I would guess that your are correct and that the JF chaps missed it...?

Cheers,
    Tim.

I just opened a support ticket on JF, will report if anything happens.

The confirmation email I received included this message:

Please note due to the Christmas holidays, there will be limited amount of Customer and Technical Support for this time. If you have not had a response by the second week in January, please drop us another line.

Joe Cusick

I got a response from JF asking if had installed the correct installer (I had) and they gave me the link to the FAQ page where the installers could be found, here is the link they gave me:

Also did you check our FAQs?

https://support.justflight.com/suppo...87-the-phoenix-

There should be download links there for it there.
    You can find this page if you go to there support, knowledge base and then select the AH Boxcar as a product then you can find it.
    Joe Cusick

Members who have read this thread: 1