X-Plane 11 Workshop - Pilot2ATC

Thread: X-Plane 11 Workshop - Pilot2ATC

Blog Entries

X-Plane 11 Workshop - Pilot2ATC

All I can tell you is that the video is LONG but this is a very good program-If you buy it READ THE MANUAL and you won't care if X-Plane does anything with ATC!

X-Plane Workshop - Pilot2ATC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pikF-0fOlk

Enjoy,
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I saw your reference to it in the other thread Ted. Honestly after just paying $60 for X-Plane, I'll probably not be buying this, even if it is a great program. . . .I can't justify that amount for GA flying. . .yea, I know. . ."Then why bitch about the ATC"? lol
    It's mostly a case of being irritated that a Sim that has so much good going for it would fall so flat in the one area that virtually every aircraft relies on in one form or another. Also, because after so many years with the poor ATC in FSX and P3D, I find myself wishing I had that system in X-Plane, lol. . .as bad as it is it would be light years ahead of XP.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Blog Entries
    I had that same feeling fortunately for me I was given the program and it costs me nothing. Like you I live on a pension and SS so I really can't afford spending much on this hobby now. I will say that the program is everything it advertises to be. The learning curve is tough but well worth it.
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    It's mostly a case of being irritated that a Sim that has so much good going for it would fall so flat in the one area that virtually every aircraft relies on in one form or another. Also, because after so many years with the poor ATC in FSX and P3D, I find myself wishing I had that system in X-Plane, lol. . .as bad as it is it would be light years ahead of XP.
    Draw a design spec sheet for an ATC system that is as detailed as possible and then think about how you would program it and make it run with as little use of resources as possible and maximum flexibility to support as many situations and user configurations as possible as you'll realize that the ATC system in MSFS is - despite its perceived shortcomings - nothing short of a stroke of genius.

There's a reason why ATC is staffed by humans and it's flexibility, which just can't be emulated by AIs (yet).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Draw a design spec sheet for an ATC system that is as detailed as possible and then think about how you would program it and make it run with as little use of resources as possible and maximum flexibility to support as many situations and user configurations as possible as you'll realize that the ATC system in MSFS is - despite its perceived shortcomings - nothing short of a stroke of genius.

There's a reason why ATC is staffed by humans and it's flexibility, which just can't be emulated by AIs (yet).
    Truth...there are still many things AI is not capable of yet but the shortcomings in this program are kept to a minimum.

Members who have read this thread: 0