P3D V3 default aircraft

Thread: P3D V3 default aircraft

P3D V3 default aircraft

Thought there was a P3D V3 forum here... Anyway, what are the default aircraft in P3D V3? My rig can't handle V4.
    If one of the default aircraft were deleted, what would it take to restore it (procedures)?

Thanks,
    Last edited by gray eagle; December 17th, 2018 at 08:36.

According to the P3D site.

https://www.prepar3d.com/vehicles/

DEFAULT VEHICLES INCLUDED IN PREPAR3D V3

Lockheed Martin F-35A (updated) – Provided by Dino Cattaneo
    H-60 Black Hawk – Provided by Virtavia
    Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor – Provided by IRIS
    Extra 300s – Provided by Alabeo
    Maule Orion
    Piper Cub
    Mooney Bravo
    Robinson R-22
    Lockheed P-38 Lightning – Provided by Just Flight
    Lockheed C-69 Constellation – Provided by Just Flight
    Neptune Submersible
    Mooney Acclaim – Provided by Lionheart

And if they are not there I would think the best option is re-install
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

After I posted here I later found out:

You can repair the Content component this will return all default Prepar3D aircraft.

Navigate to the windows Control Panel, right click on Prepar3D v3 Content and click Repair,

I never found that file that way, I did find that file in P3D install contents.

What is your computer exactly ?
    I'm surprised by your statement that it cannot handle v4, and would like to learn more about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I'm surprised by your statement that it cannot handle v4, and would like to learn more about this.
    Danbe, good point. As long as it meets the minimum requirement you would probably be better off getting V4. Before V4 came out I had a machine I was using for V3, when the requirements for V4 came out I saw it did met the minimum but not recommended settings so I ordered a new one. V4 came out before it arrived however so I installed it on the old machine. V4 actually ran better on it than V3 did. If your not sure, get the developer edition, 10$ for one month and you can try it out, cancel it before the month is out.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

This is the requirements for P3D V4

https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/

Don't think I even have comfortable minimums to run V4.4. Unless I want to run a slideshow............

Other stats

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CPU1.jpg  

Hmm your computer is not so powerful indeed.
    However, the CPU power requirements of P3Dv4 are quite similar to P3Dv3. I would however be a bit more concerned about the memory usage (both RAM and video memory), which is a bit higher in v4 if I'm note mistaken.
    Sorry, I understand we're a bit off-topic here, but did you have the v4 installed, and then reverted back to v3 ?

EDIT: that being said, if the v3 runs well on your computer, then there's no need to go to v4 and I'm not trying to convince you to do so (just to clarify )
    I just wanted to understand the reasons and what you went through, just to see if anything could be done to help.
    P3Dv3 is still awesome, and let's not forget it's the last iteration of P3D that accepts the FS9 aircrafts.

Hmm your computer is not so powerful indeed.
    However, the CPU power requirements of P3Dv4 are quite similar to P3Dv3. I would however be a bit more concerned about the memory usage (both RAM and video memory), which is a bit higher in v4 if I'm note mistaken.
    Sorry, I understand we're a bit off-topic here, but did you have the v4 installed, and then reverted back to v3 ?

EDIT: that being said, if the v3 runs well on your computer, then there's no need to go to v4 and I'm not trying to convince you to do so (just to clarify )
    I just wanted to understand the reasons and what you went through, just to see if anything could be done to help.
    P3Dv3 is still awesome, and let's not forget it's the last iteration of P3D that accepts the FS9 aircrafts.
    I was running FSX then P3D V3 came out and I upgraded to it (Just a few months before V4 came out).
    I'm still using Win 7 64 bit. Would have to buy another computer to accommodate P3D V4.

The P3D 32bit forum has been moved to it's own slot on this page.

I move most of the default aircraft onto a backup drive and zip them up.
    Easy to re load them if needed.

P3Dv4 is a definite improvement over the 32bit versions, despite the frustration of not being able to run several of my favourite aircraft.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Yes it is, but in the case of Gray Eagle, he doesn't have the v4 yet, and his hardware is a bit old.
    The CPU would be powerful enough but he might run quickly into memory problems because of the graphic card.
    If the v3 works well, I would recommend to keep with v3, at least for now.

If, in future, your computer dies for any reason and you are forced to buy a new, more powerful/recent one, then you should definitely consider the v4 or v5 or whatever the P3D version it will be at that time But for now, it might not be worth the effort.

Concerning the reinstallation/repair of the "content" part of P3D, it is indeed the correct way to restore your default planes.
    I'm a bit concerned about the default files that you might have replaced or modified though. I don't know of the "repair" is going to replace these files or not.
    Usually, it is recommended to uninstall the content (just the "content", not the full sim) and reinstall it by executing the install_content.msi that came with your P3D archive, but if the repair was enough to solve your problem, then it's fine

Members who have read this thread: 0