Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

I've got a new rigg now and not sure which flight sim to install. I've got an I78700k 3.7Ghz with a 1070ti card, 16gb ram. If I was to install XP11 and buy this texture pack, would it look like this and be flyable or would it be a slide show?

The images here look stunning and would help me make a decision if it was smooth and looked like this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guzler View Post
    I've got a new rigg now and not sure which flight sim to install. I've got an I78700k 3.7Ghz with a 1070ti card, 16gb ram. If I was to install XP11 and buy this texture pack, would it look like this and be flyable or would it be a slide show?
    The images here look stunning and would help me make a decision if it was smooth and looked like this.
    Thanks
    I uninstalled P3D_V4.3 and went over to X-Plane 11. As you can see from my specs I have a lesser rig than what you're running and my FPS average between 25 and 30. Orbx does a nice job of optimizing their scenery to run as smoothly and FPS friendly as possible so I would have no qualms about using this on my system.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Blog Entries
    Guzler, your rig is a little higher than most I build for others and X-Plane 11 with Orbx or any of the free HD textures is not a slide show at all. I will tell you that X-Plane is not like FSX or P4d...there is a learning curve but the fight capabilities and eye-candy is simply amazing.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I uninstalled P3D_V4.3 and went over to X-Plane 11. As you can see from my specs I have a lesser rig than what you're running and my FPS average between 25 and 30. Orbx does a nice job of optimizing their scenery to run as smoothly and FPS friendly as possible so I would have no qualms about using this on my system.
    Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Guzler, your rig is a little higher than most I build for others and X-Plane 11 with Orbx or any of the free HD textures is not a slide show at all. I will tell you that X-Plane is not like FSX or P4d...there is a learning curve but the fight capabilities and eye-candy is simply amazing.
    Ted
    Thanks guys, that's good to know. The night lighting also looks superb so I may have to delve in

Cheers
    Neil

I'm running a 7700k and a non ti 1070 in VR with the Oculus Rift and I have no problems with frame rate so you should have no problems either.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    I'm running a 7700k and a non ti 1070 in VR with the Oculus Rift and I have no problems with frame rate so you should have no problems either.
    Excellent, thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0