Why Plug-Ins?

Thread: Why Plug-Ins?

Why Plug-Ins?

If there is one thing that I would like to see done away with it's these irritating plug-ins. Why in the world did anyone think making a plug-in to "slew" was better than just including that function in the Sim. X-Plane has not just suddenly appeared. . .it's been around for a long time and I suspect that many of the long-time members were transfers from FSX or even P3D . . . .didn't they bring any ideas with them? lol

At some point everyone uses the slew mode, even if it's just to turn an aircraft on it's axis. Even after installing the plug-in you have to configure it (obviously) before it'll work. . . .just make it part of the Sim. . .UUUgh! I am really enjoying X-Plane for the most part, but in terms of it's functionality (being user friendly) in some areas. . .it sucks.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

There is also no key or function for muting all sounds. And loading the aircraft in the air is not supported.

But well, you can't think of everything.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    If there is one thing that I would like to see done away with it's these irritating plug-ins. Why in the world did anyone think making a plug-in to "slew" was better than just including that function in the Sim. X-Plane has not just suddenly appeared. . .it's been around for a long time and I suspect that many of the long-time members were transfers from FSX or even P3D . . . .didn't they bring any ideas with them? lol

At some point everyone uses the slew mode, even if it's just to turn an aircraft on it's axis. Even after installing the plug-in you have to configure it (obviously) before it'll work. . . .just make it part of the Sim. . .UUUgh! I am really enjoying X-Plane for the most part, but in terms of it's functionality (being user friendly) in some areas. . .it sucks.
    Agree, but much better than XP-10. Had to dump that one.

I agree ,but what I do like about the "plug-in" method, is that if you don't like a plug-in, you just remove it from the folder, and it will not affect X-Plane itself.

FSX always needed some extra "messing around" when you tried uninstalling an add-on. In the worst case you would have to re-install the complete sim.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 0