Thorney Island QC

Thread: Thorney Island QC

Thorney Island QC

In an effort to fly more costal areas to utilize the new ship spawn generator, I've been using air bases I've never used before. Thorney Island is one that has me perplexed. There is an unusual amount of activity going on there! First off, flying for the RAF in a Tempest, all British facilities show as red enemy locations. There also seems to be shelling going on between RAF bases and loads of barrage balloons that explode when you get close to them. The flak is extremely thick and trecherous! Makes me wonder if they used this area in test trials during development and just left it as is?

From a geographical point of view Thorney island is situated in between and very close to RAF Tangmere which was a very busy airfield and Portsmouth dockyard which was the main naval base for the UK during the war.

Cheers chris

Exactly, so why does the naval base show up as an enemy facility?

Because in QC, there is only one friendly airbase, Flamingskull,
    that's why we used to always fly MP, remember?

Now it makes sense Firestorm!......not really, but I'll go along with it!

SOH-CM-2020

QuickCombatFriendlyRadius

It's also the reason why I posted about modifications to the game.xml, Flamingskull5000! If you add a parameter to the game.xml file, QuickCombatFriendlyRadius="7000" (or whatever number you want to try), then you will find that more of the facilities will be blue, ie. friendly, so there will be less flak when you fly from Thorney Island.

The bigger you make the radius, the less flak. However I have found that some enemy ground spawns still appear within the radius. I have managed to solve that problem by adding a Flags="enemy" tag to each enemy ground spawn.

That's interesting! I'm not much with tinkering with files within the game, but I may give that a try just to see how it varies things. Thanks Dalwilletti.

Members who have read this thread: 0