Grumman Goose
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grumman Goose

Grumman Goose

Was there ever a paint kit published for the OzX Goose Redux ?

Blog Entries
    Yes, I have a copy. If someone else does post it, I'll post it up

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Is the OzX Goose Redux available anywhere now?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Is the OzX Goose Redux available anywhere now?

http://www.lockonfiles.com/files/fil...-hd-redux-v12/

Out of curiosity what is the Ozx situation ?
    I understand some situation or something that has stopped things for Jae Kaye, but is there a future for Ozx ? That man is gold.

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    Yes, I have a copy. If someone else does post it, I'll post it up
    I'd be interested in it as well.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    Out of curiosity what is the Ozx situation ?
    I understand some situation or something that has stopped things for Jae Kaye, but is there a future for Ozx ? That man is gold.
    Here are some info from the members "TreeTops" and "bruce e" to the situation of OZx.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...zx-still-down/

Thank you Postbaer -seems like things will be fixed at some piont in time.

You're welcome.
    Let us hope to get this side back someday,
    it would be a shame, if not.

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, please post the paint kit.

And speaking of paints, check out the "paints" in these photos !! http://www.axis-and-allies-paintwork...opic.php?354.0

Dude, those photo's are fantastic! Thank you.

There are a few upgrades to to OZX Grumman Goose available on avsim including a fight dynamics update and a modified turbo goose model just searh OZX goose on avsim and you should find them
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Blog Entries
    I'm not certain i'd call that FDE upgrade an upgrade, but then, I'm biased.
    One of the biggest tgings we did with the flight model was to distribute the weight by hand throughout the entire plane according to Grummans blueprints, which i had a copy of at the time. This allowed for a totally realistic flight envelope.
    The eal goose porpoises, we duplicated it. the real goose had an optional hi performance engine, we duplicated it. The real goose was designed for manhattan business men who didnt know jack about flying and was therefore one of the most stable aircraft ever designed. we duplicated it. Bruce, Steve and I didnt just give you folks a good airplane: we gave you the ultimate goose and it still holds its place nine years after..

See how long you can hold it at ten feet altitude like i did in the video

So, where is this plane? I went to Ozx and a Treetop64 at avsim was doing a FDE update (that was eons ago).
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/407490-making-the-fsx-g-21-goose-function-and-fly-like-the-g-21-goose/

I can find repaints of it over at avsim but I guess I'd have to find the basic and then the FDE update or...?
    Wonder if there was/is a basic file that has all the updates incorporated?

I found this FDE update but not sure if that is right file to download..Scroll to bottom of page.

https://library.avsim.net/search.php...root&Go=Search

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Thanks Pam,

Guess V1.2 is latest and greatest.
    Will try it in P3D V3....

Edit:
    Works great in P3D V3 - Thanks Pam :-C )

Didn't the real aircraft have pontoons? Looks like this model doesn't have functional ones....

If you are referring to the floats on the tip of the wings, they can be switched up or down using a button in the cockpit.
    They are switched up during flight for aerodynamics, if I'm not mistaken.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    If you are referring to the floats on the tip of the wings, they can be switched up or down using a button in the cockpit.
    They are switched up during flight for aerodynamics, if I'm not mistaken.
    Yup
    Thanks Daube ..

Pam,

Do you have a paint kit for the Goose ?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Pam,

Joe
    And 4 days and 19 posts later we are back at the original question

Please see post #2, euroastar350 seems to be the person to contact..............

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post

Please see post #2, euroastar350 seems to be the person to contact..............

Cheers,
    Huub
    True, true, Huub. Though sometimes one must cast a wider net !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Pam,

Joe
    I'm afraid that i dont.. sorry..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post

Cheers,
    Huub
    Well, Please understand Huub, that when people start advertising things like FDE upgrades, I get a little protective; not of my work, but of my clientele. Paul and I put over a thousand hours of solid work into that FDE using Grummans own documentation and blueprints. Everything except for the weight of the toilet, was double and triple checked across the board and you simply couldnt get anything that was better. Anyone advertising an upgrade, could only have been removing vital parts from the fde and repackaging it, or changing things in the .air file and risking a catastophic change across the board because of all the inter-dependencies going on in there, where if you change one value, fifteen others are automatically changed as well.. I felt I needed to speak up to try and ensure that people stayed away from these other FDE's that were more than likely not realistic, or reliable, and stay with the original FDE where i could guarantee that they were recieving the very best work I and Paul could possibly do, and experience as accurate, fun and comfortable of an experience as possible.
    Pam

Am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Well, Please understand Huub, that when people start advertising things like FDE upgrades, I get a little protective; not of my work, but of my clientele. Paul and I put over a thousand hours of solid work into that FDE using Grummans own documentation and blueprints. Everything except for the weight of the toilet, was double and triple checked across the board and you simply couldnt get anything that was better. Anyone advertising an upgrade, could only have been removing vital parts from the fde and repackaging it, or changing things in the .air file and risking a catastophic change across the board because of all the inter-dependencies going on in there, where if you change one value, fifteen others are automatically changed as well.. I felt I needed to speak up to try and ensure that people stayed away from these other FDE's that were more than likely not realistic, or reliable, and stay with the original FDE where i could guarantee that they were recieving the very best work I and Paul could possibly do, and experience as accurate, fun and comfortable of an experience as possible.
    Pam
    Hi Pam,
    I'm flying the 1.2 Redux Goose (450 HP) in FSX:SE. The paint jobs you and the team created are incredible! I just finished modding the VHIRM skin to Colling's N985R. The two planes are nearly identical, I just had to redo the floats, but, man, what a job that was. I think it took me about 6 hours to get the floats sort of decent.

But the real reason I'm writing is I'm having a really hard time flying the plane, it's zero fun to fly . Even by reducing the fuel load to 65% to bring the plane down from 100 lbs over MGW (it starts out at 9300 lbs) to about 8600, I need at least 3000 feet to take off, and the plane is incredibly nose heavy. It won't lift off till I hit 120 kts. I've tried using flaps on takeoff, no help. And at first I thought the elevator trim wasn't working. But I realized I could dive even faster if I started putting in down elevator trim. I'm pretty sure it starts out at max up when you open the plane. Obviously it's impossible to really tell what it's really at, since the trim tabs don't operate on the plane nor do the cockpit controls, but adding up elevator trim has zero effect on the attitude of the plane, and adding down trim does work. The upshot being, I have to fly with the elevators about 50% back just to fly level, and flying is really tiring since I can't trim the plane up any further. Funny thing is, I was just moving around on the map, and when I got out of the map, the plane was magically flying level with no control input(?). But then as soon as I touched the control, it returned to its previous behavior. So I did it again, and in level flight, viewing the plane from outside the elevator was turned pretty far up. I know some planes (i.e. Spitfire and P28) are like this normally, but the nose heaviness of the plane seems really out of wack. I'm assuming I should be able to trim the plane to fly level.

I've gone back and compared the aircraft.cfg to the original from the 1.2 install, as well as the air files, and everything is exactly the same.

Any thoughts? Am I doing something wrong? Plane is set up with 340 lbs load and 65% fuel for about 8300 lbs net weight total. I'm flying based on the real POH for the plane, I've gone over it looking for something I might be doing wrong. Cruise at 31 or 27.5/2100 RPM but nothing helps.

I even tried the load another plane first, then switch to the goose. I've never experienced that problem myself, but I've seen people talk about how sometimes modded planes don't perform properly if the sim is started with that plane.

Thanks for this great plane, I hope I can figure this out.
    P.S. I am a rated pilot with about 220 hrs in GA aircraft.

Members who have read this thread: 0