Grumman Goose - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grumman Goose

I figured it out!

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Well, Please understand Huub, that when people start advertising things like FDE upgrades, I get a little protective; not of my work, but of my clientele. Paul and I put over a thousand hours of solid work into that FDE using Grummans own documentation and blueprints. Everything except for the weight of the toilet, was double and triple checked across the board and you simply couldnt get anything that was better. Anyone advertising an upgrade, could only have been removing vital parts from the fde and repackaging it, or changing things in the .air file and risking a catastophic change across the board because of all the inter-dependencies going on in there, where if you change one value, fifteen others are automatically changed as well.. I felt I needed to speak up to try and ensure that people stayed away from these other FDE's that were more than likely not realistic, or reliable, and stay with the original FDE where i could guarantee that they were recieving the very best work I and Paul could possibly do, and experience as accurate, fun and comfortable of an experience as possible.
    Pam
    I'm feeling a little stupid. I kind of knew the answer, or rather, had just solved another problem earlier in the day that was related, and I should have made the connection. If you purchase the Shockwave lights with FSX:Steam, or, like in my case, it comes bundled, it adds a directory in the DLC for the product. And it turns out, if you make any modifications to the default aircraft, you must copy the modifications you make to the aircraft.cfg file to the aircraft.cfg file in the DLC directory, too.

FSX:SE ignores the aircraft.cfg files of the default aircraft and uses the file in the DLC directory!

Which is why the HP version worked fine, but the 450 HP version was all messed up for me, it's based on the default plane.

I had just figured out why my paints for default aircraft weren't showing up. I should have known I needed to replace the WHOLE cfg file. All fixed..... Sooooo much better. Thanks again!
    Last edited by FlyingsCool; March 16th, 2019 at 22:00.

happy to see this thread and learn that the OZx Goose Redux is still available - appreciate the link!

FWIW I am having no problems flying this BEAUTY using the unmodified files from the link provided.

enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members who have read this thread: 0