What is your favorite CFS3 expansion ?

Thread: What is your favorite CFS3 expansion ?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

What is your favorite CFS3 expansion ?

My favorite expansion has to be ETO 1.50 followed by Pat's BoB. These are the ones i play the most. Can't wait for the update for the BoB expansion ! My favorite era of WWII. ETO being the most complete of all. Have it highly modded with everything i can get my hands on and play many hours a week. What is yours? Cheers,Scott

Blog Entries
    P.S. Now leaving IL-2 '46 pretty much alone and rekindled my love for CFS3. After all these years it's still my favorite.....now to play all those old missions again !

For me it's MAW my favorite extension.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Likewise.

It has to be MAW all the way.

Kev

My favorite expansion is also ETO 1.50. I say that because my fav era is '44 '45, you know SWOTL and other late aircraft. My all time fav plane since I was young has always been the ME-262 and all its variants. MAW for sure after that!

It's always ETO in my fav, i was hooked to ww2 europe battle theatre since SWOTL, flying fortress, heroes 357th yoxford boys, Aces over europe, reach for the sky, EAW, their finest hour etc came out.
    Last edited by wiekniera; December 13th, 2018 at 16:17.

I agree, Of course it partly depends on where one comes form. ETO has still much unused potential since not all 5 eras (in my case 10!) have been fully exploited. For a start one can port over Clive's BoB with a bit of work into bob_era. Era 3 is open to lots of 'fighter sweeps' into France plus Dieppe. At night for TOW, the BC campaign builds up. Era 4, the invasion and the USAAF daylight missions as well as BC in the night. Era 5 one can play around with the LW jets!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Blog Entries
    Hear there is still interest in MAW ,which is good. A fine expansion. Still go to it sometimes and the PTO installs also.Go to them all but ETO has my heart because of all the old sims i've played in the past such as SWOTL and Chuck Yeager...

Mine is the ETO expansion

SOH-CM-2020
    hard to say. Usually it is ETO 1.5, and I am still finding fantastic airbases I've never seen before. But last year in knocking out MAW 1943, I was totally hooked by the MAW theatre. It does not quite have the finished feel that ETO has, but it is exotic.

I'll echo everyone's sentiments toward ETO, I think objectively it's the best CFS3 related thing period and I'd say that it's the best expansion to start off with given that it pretty much has everything you could ask for in the European air war, even if it's probably the most troublesome to install.
    Giving ETO its much deserved credit aside it's not my favorite expansion, personally for me it's DPC Korea as I like having a different conflict represented then just WWII. It's probably the weakest of any of the expansions in the grand scheme of things given the very lackluster scenery and aircraft selection, but it has a decent mission and campaign selection and that's all I really need.

MAW. I rarely can be found anywhere else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Blog Entries
    Must get back into adding aircraft to MAW. A lot of new aircraft for it now.Love the change in scenery. Miss flying some of the Italian aircraft also. Wonder if the new Spitfire mk II will have a MAW version too. A great expansion i've been away from too long. Still have a lot of missions though i love QC in it mostly.

Blog Entries
    Just downloaded a ton of new aircraft for MAW. Will install later in the week.Thanks for sparking my interest in MAW again. Nice scenery and a change of pace from the ETO. Wish there were more aircraft for the PTO. I would use them more if they were more interesting. What a great job they did developing MAW. Thanks to all responsible for all the new MAW aircraft and keeping this great expansion alive and well. Regards,Scott

I don't have a favorite CFS3 Expansion. But, if I was to decide, it would be between MAW and ETO.
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

I still play stock cfs3. I rediscovered it some years ago, and despite the high tech level of other sims i love the feelings (and memories) of this one. I tried MAW, BOB and ETO years ago, and i'm thinking about buying WOTR.

As i dont own trackir, i tryied to apply the face track noir + mousetrack solution to move my eyepoint with my muse, but i cannot makeit work now, dunno why. Could you please tell me if a mouse look is possible y any of the above expansions-mods? Thanks.

AnKor's Shaders provide for mouse-look.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Now into MAW full bore! Can't believe i've been away from it so long. Been hooked on it all week. Just got a bunch of aircraft installed that i haven't got around to do.What a great expansion and a change of scenery from the ETO. What a great job they did on this one. Thanks for sparking my interest again in all things MAW. Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    Just added Daiwilletti's revision of MAW in his MAW 1943 expansion and i must say it's very nice. Love the mid-war era and up to '44 in the MTO. Now i have 10 installs and enjoy them all. Must add the MAW expansions to my list of favorites as i can be found playing them at least once a day.

Right now, I think it would be David's MAW 1943....also a great candidate for multiplayer!

Blog Entries
    Right now i've installed a few more aircraft to MAW 1943 but would be willing to have a separate install just for multiplayer. Sounds interesting. Haven't played CFS3 multiplayer in many years. Just not impressed with the stock CFS3 aircraft. Gotten spoiled by the 1% aircraft available and what is new. Would be cool if we had a CFS3 multiplayer set up with 1% aircraft and what is available now.

Scott, you wouldn't need to create another one. Just de-select the ones that you have added in the MP Host menu,
    IF you are hosting. If not, it doesn't matter, because you have all the a/c that a 'MAW43 Host' would host with.

I join stock games with lots of 1% A/C and FirePower installed, too; but when I host, lots of de-selecting
    to do.... . All joiners must have what the host has, with no mods to any individual A/C.

There are MP games hosted just about every day, some stock with a 20 A/C addon @ 90 or 95% realism
    and some just stock at 50%. See SOH dot net when it's back up, there's a problem right now.
    (SOH TeamSpeak 3 also)

Firepower for me.........becouse is too difficult install ETO on CFS3 Italian language and D: drive

Members who have read this thread: 0