Check THIS OUT IF YOU LOVE ACTIVE SKY!

Thread: Check THIS OUT IF YOU LOVE ACTIVE SKY!

Blog Entries

Check THIS OUT IF YOU LOVE ACTIVE SKY!

Introducing HiFi’s 1st Weather Engine for the X-Plane Platform...
    Active Sky XP (ASXP) brings the popular award-winning Active Sky weather engine to the X-Plane platform for the first time. Using a hybrid weather depiction interface through X-Plane 11’s weather API, a realistic, high-performance and high-fidelity weather experience is realized.

Features Spotlight

• Active Air Effects
    • Replaces internal X-Plane turbulence and air effects, providing enhanced turbulence, drafts, thermals, terrain-based wind effects, surface friction, gusts, variability, wake turbulence, microbursts and more
    • High-Performance Weather Depiction
    • Uses internal X-Plane 11.2x/11.3x cloud depiction for maximum performance and smoothness, with multiple weather depiction modes including theme cell “real weather” mode and global static mode – VR compatible and optimized!
    • Active Sky Weather Engine
    • An evolved version of the Active Sky platform brings the core features that made Active Sky the leading weather engine for other platforms: Advanced weather synthesis and interpolation, high-resolution global winds aloft, realistic air and atmosphere effects, a comprehensive weather data network, integrated visual mapping and planning, and much, much more
    • Voice Weather Delivery
    • Active Sky ATIS and Flightwatch are available at any time by listening on 122.00, 122.02 or 122.03 for closest station, actual/current interpolated conditions and destination weather reports, respectively
    • Surface Crosswind Attenuation
    • Optional, for better ground handling in crosswind conditions while preserving headwind/tailwind component for performance accuracy
    • Mobile Companion App
    • Use any device/browser to connect with Active Sky over your network and view and control the weather
    More New Releases
    Hush Software
    World Terrain -All Regions
    1yr Sub. For FSX and P3D
    Christmas Sale 20% Off!
    AS REAL AS IT GETS...
    Imagine flying all over the world with your favorite simulator and seeing real photo-scenery and AutoGen building and trees accurately positioned. This is now possible with World Terrain an add-on for FSX, FSX-SE and Prepar3D (V1 to V4).

World Terrain streams the terrain over the Internet to your computer as you fly so you can enjoy unrivaled realistic scenery.
    • World Terrain is available for a 10-day free trial
    • World Terrain offers an unmatched quality view from the sky provided by high-resolution satellite imagery
    • World Terrain contains over 500,000 3D Autogen buildings and forests covering most of the planet
    • World Terrain is available on a yearly subscription
    • World Terrain subscription can be purchased for the whole World or for one or two regions
    • World Terrain may cover the whole world for the Price of a single add-on
    • World Terrain is compatible with FSX, FSX Steam Edition and all versions of Prepar3D
    • World Terrain displays terrain with resolution up to 60 cm per pixel
    • World Terrain uses copyrighted technology issued from unique research and development

https://www.fspilotshop.com/hifi-tec...je9kd4q2v8n1f0
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Is there a discount for people who already own Active Sky for FSX or P3D V4?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Blog Entries
    I didn't ask Pat...
    Ted

Would there be much benefit getting Active Sky if you have Ultra Weather XP?

I just purchased Ultra Weather XP a few weeks back and despite the name it does seem to be more directed at texture upgrades rather than anything to do with the weather itself. The reason I ask is because I am not sure of the capabilities of Ultra Weather XP.

I don't mind the default weather in XP11. It seems to create some interesting weather when live weather is set, even if it's not entirely accurate. I also downloaded a free NOAA plugin which I am yet to try.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Blog Entries
    Active sky and Ultra Weather are pretty much the same in some ways but Active Sky does have more and I think better textures. However, I don't think it is necessary to buy Active Sky right away they are past Beta into production but they are still working on improvements.
    Ted

I used Active Sky in FSX, and still use it in P3D. That's why I jumped on it as soon as it got released. I enjoy the weather injection, and op top of that, the cloud textures are so much better.

I don't know anything about Ultra Weather XP so can not compare.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 0