problems with text messages in Mission Builder.

Thread: problems with text messages in Mission Builder.

Chesaning-The middle of the Mitten. Go Blue.

problems with text messages in Mission Builder.

Hi everyone ,
    I am experiencing a problem creating text messages, and debrief messages in mission builder. Although I enter them in I promptly get a message on my screen saying the no such text message exist. And although I go look in the DYN file and find that the messages are there they will not show up in the mission. Even text messages from other peoples missions won't appear. This is happening on both my desktop and my lap top computers both running windows 7. I did not have this problem with my old computer which ran XP. Unfortunetly it is long gone. Is any one else having this problem? Is there a fix? Have a good one .
    Blondi

I think the solution might be as simple as opening the menu at the top of the screen (alt) and turning on messages for the in game messaging, but I am at a loss on what to suggest for the debriefing mssgs.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thank you Shadow Wolf. I shall check it out. Being away from this game for a number of years I have forgotten quite a bit I am finding out. I got out my old Cody Coyote tutorial but did not find any info on turning on messages . Learn something new everyday. If this works perhaps I have finally rebuilt and updated one of my original CS Tulagi missions. It has been a struggle . have a good one. Blondi

Shadow Wolf : I have gone to alt and looked in the menu but did not find anywhere to turn on messaging. Where did you find it in menu? Blondi

Icon22 Reply...

Blondi,

If you're using CFS1 / FS commands, it's the "F" key to activate in-flight messaging. For CFS2 commands, I'm not sure.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

I am using cfs2 commands and are still looking for it. Thanks for the input though. I will go back and hit the F key just for the heck of it. you never know. Then back to my repaint job. I need an early 42 Australian skin for the VB pby . Can't find one so I am going to make it myself if I can . Wish me luck. Have a good one, Blondi

Hi Blondi,
    The default key commands for "toggle status messages" is Shift + D

Hope this helps,
    B24Guy

For Shadow Wolf and Rami-Found the switch. Messages is shift D . Radio Communications is shift L which I found I did not have either. Everything seems to be working now. Still getting an annoying warning when I make a text that the Text library does not exist but I am getting text messages now in missions. Thanks for your help. Blondi

Thanks B24 guy, I found your text after I posted my last one. Have a good one,Blondi

Members who have read this thread: 0